Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shabby Chic Interiors: My Rooms, Treasures, and Trinkets
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 3, 2009
I have loved Shabby Chic for years, and was very excited when I saw this new book coming out. Once I started looking at it, however, I have to say I was very disappointed. I understand how a persons taste and style can change and evolve, but from what I now see in Rachel Ashwell's home, her taste has turned to junk. What happened to the beautiful floral fabrics and antique mismatched china? The beautiful crystal prisms hanging off candle holders and lights? Those were the types of things that drew me into Shabby Chic to begin with and what I still love about that look. From what I see now, and how she's decorating, it looks like Shabby Junk, and I see nothing chic about it. Most of her furnishings look a tad bit like garage sale rejects. The style and elegance that used to go hand in hand with the name Rachel Ashwell, has sadly, been replaced with tacky furnishings that I wouldn't give a nickle for. There is nothing in this book that resembles the Shabby Chic look and style from the past. Don't bother with this book if that's what you're looking for.
on October 17, 2009
SHaBBy Chic Interiors has lovely pictures/vignettes - BUT NO NEW INSPIRATION... A bit disappointed...
on May 7, 2010
I am a HUGE fan and read and reviewed previous books. With that said imo, both Rachel and the ideas in the book look really worn out. We've all aged since her 1st book and she tells of her harrowing past year but I found the book a bit depressing. I don't agree w/ STYLE being, leaving a price tag on a hanging lamp, or a stained sampler or a chandelier not hanging but resting on a Church pew. She inspired me to buy an 1886 farmhouse and make it a beautiful home that reflects ME. I grew up and then lived in over the top contemporary homes and decorating a vintage farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains was beyond my comfort zone but it really turned out to be a showplace using her advice and ideas. I have seen bathrooms in gas stations that had more design appeal than in this book. I still gave it 3 stars because I enjoed reading it and seeing her style evolve and it looks GREAT on my tattered vintage end table. Oh, I just found 2 beautiful????? wing chairs at a thrift store that I asked a friend to help me upholster...OMG...when my friend saw the chairs w/ fabric just thrown over the chairs, it wasn't quite the inspiration I was looking for. If you are new to Rachel's philosophy I highly recommend you purchase her old books because they were chock full of fresh and exciting ideas.
on January 2, 2013
I found this book disappointing only in that it was very similar to a previous Shabby Chic book I purchased. That being said, it's a beautiful book - all of Rachel Ashwell books are visually stunning.
on September 27, 2009
I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW BOOKS RELEASE, I COULD HARDLY WAIT. MY NEW BOOK CAME IN THE MAIL, UPON EXCITEMENT I OPENED IT IMMEDIATELY.
LOVED THE COVER AND THE LARGER SIZE . THAT'S WHERE MY EXCITEMENT SOFTENED. AS I MENTIONED COVER IS BEAUTIFUL, AND I THOUGHT THAT THERE WOULD
BE MORE INSIDE LIKE THIS. I AM USED TO HER USE OF MIRRORS ON WALLS, BEAUTIFUL FURNITURE THAT HAS BEEN WORN.
THE PHOTOS INSIDE LOOK LIKE THEY WERE TAKEN BEFORE SHE FINISHED THE DECORATING JOB.
ALMOST NOTHING ON THE WALLS IN EVERY PHOTO. THERE ARE SOME GREAT PICTURES, DON'T GET ME WRONG, BUT MOST WERE RATHER LACK LUSTER.
RACHEL IS VERY TALENTED, AND I'M SO GLAD HER STORES ARE OPEN AGAIN. THE NEXT TIME I'M IN NEW YORK I'M HEADED FOR MERCER STREET.

I KNOW THE BOOK WAS MADE AND PUT TOGETHER DURING A VERY DIFFICULT TIME IN RACHEL'S LIFE. HER MOTHER PAST
AWAY, AND THE LOSE OF HER STORES, SHE HAS A NEW PUBLISHER, ETC. SHE IS CLEARLY HEADED IN A NEW DIRECTION, I THINK THE BOOK IS WORTH LOOKING AT,
IT'S JUST NOT RACHEL AS WE ARE USED TO. I LOVED THE 2 PAGE PHOTO OF THE PROM DRESSES, HOW PRETTY.
JUST NOT PRACTICAL FOR THE AVERAGE HOME OWNER, NOT THAT I OBJECT SHE INCLUDED THEM. I JUST WISH SHE
INCLUDED MORE CHANDELIERS AND MIRRORS, SOFT FRENCH FURNITURE, ALL PUT IN A CASUAL RELAXED SETTING.
WHICH IS THE STYLE SHE MADE FAMOUS. (LIKE THE COVER PHOTO)

AMAZON SAYS 3 STARS MEANS ITS OKAY, AND 4 STARS MEANS I LIKE IT. I LIKED THE BOOK, BUT I WAS A LITTLE
DISAPPOINTED.

AMAZON ISN'T ALLOWING A LOOK INSIDE AS THEY DO WITH THE OTHER SHBBY CHIC BOOKS, BECAUSE THERE IS A REASON.
THIS BOOK ISN'T AS STRONG. RACHEL I KNOW THAT YOUR BEST BOOK IS STILL IN YOU AND YET TO BE MADE, I STILL LOVE YOU.
I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO SHABBY CHIC AND RACHEL ASHWELL DEVOTEES ONLY.
on January 7, 2013
I'm enjoying this book, but not as much as her earlier efforts. There are duplications from previous books and the whole look seems a bit washed out.
on October 22, 2009
I pre-ordered my book & was overjoyed when it finally arrived!
The pictures are good, but rather boring & it is like Rachel is stuck in the past!
I guess, I assumed that Shabby Chic, once again, would have something new & inspiring to offer, but this book is only a repeat from the other books.
Her stores has closed all over the country & shows that her customers have changed their taste, or moved away from Shabby Chic entirely;- maybe I have too......