5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! 4 different cleaning surfaces
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:58 Mins
This is a very nice brush. I used it to clean my suede shoes and it did a good job, without damaging the suede.

Published 9 months ago by Ali Julia

3.0 out of 5 stars Better options for nubuck.
Published 3 months ago by Dark Arbiter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! 4 different cleaning surfaces, March 11, 2014
Length:: 1:58 Mins

The brush has 4 different cleaning surfaces. One side has silicone brush, it strong yet gentle, the instructions say to use it on heavier scuff marks and stains. The opposite side is the nylon bristles and instruction say to use it on lighter scuffs and stains. The corner brush makes it easy to reach hard to reach areas. The arched half circles is helpful for rounded corners.

As you see in the video I used this brush on green suede shoes. After the nice cleaning job, the brush picked up some green color. I washed the brush with soapy water and was able to remove all green color.

The brush is made out of plastic and silicone. The total length of the brush is 6": the handle is 4" and the head of the brush is 2". It weighs 1 oz.

The brush did a nice job cleaning and was easy clean itself. I am very pleased with it.

Ali Julia review
[sample provided for review]

4.0 out of 5 stars Be clean!, March 16, 2014
C. Schmidt (amztabhlp at gmail) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
*Disclosure: I was contacted by a representative for Shacke and given a sample of this product specifically for the purpose of giving my thoughts on it.*

Cleaning your suede is important for keeping it looking good. Typically, I use a standard scrub type brush and an old toothbrush. But even then, getting into the crevices can be difficult and restoring the texture in worn spots isn't to easy. I tried out this brush from Shacke on several different pairs of footwear, which were in various states of cleanliness and overall condition. The nubby brush did well on getting matted/scuffed areas to look good again, with some limitations. Some of the heavily worn spots there was just no hope for, no matter how much work was put into it. The nylon and brass brush did a good job of getting dirt out of the suede and restoring its appearance. The two edge tools were ok in crevices, though to me the nylon and brass brush did a better job of getting into the nooks and crannies. Not satisfied with my own experiences, I handed of the sample to a couple friends that are very into shoes, and habitually clean their shoes after every use before putting them back into their boxes, (yes, they are that anal about it). The feedback I received from them was all positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on Merrell Mocs, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
My boys wear suede Merrell Jungle Mocs to school, since they are durable and acceptable for their dress code. They are in 1st and 3rd grade, and break is spent climbing trees, playing soccer, and in general getting covered in mud. They come home with their shoes (and clothes) absolutely coated most days.
I bought this brush to clean up their shoes, especially because they also wear them to church. It does a fantastic job of sweeping off all of the dried mud and crud. Even they were impressed with how clean their shoes were, which is big for elementary school aged boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality brush at a great price! Sized so that cleaning is not awkward and clumsy., May 24, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
The quality of this brush is unbeatable. I used this to clean a pair of tall suede boots and three pair of short suede booties. The tall boots had never been cleaned and had been used heavily for two years. All four pairs of boots turned out beautifully. I couldn’t believe the difference in the tall boots though. I thought they had seen their last season. They look great again. After all of that cleaning, the brush shows virtually no wear and tear.

Not one single problem with the brush. Not one bristle fell out. This is a high quality brush. I’ve used several in the past on handbags and shoes and this has been one of the better that I’ve had the opportunity to use. The brush was not awkward to use either. Usually the brush heads are too large and cleaning becomes clumsy. This brush made me wish that I had more suede handy to clean. Especially some handbags. This brush would be perfect to use on handbags because it would allow to get at all areas and around corners with ease.

I disagree with the customer who thinks that it would be too small to clean a coat. I think that the size of the brush would be a benefit because it would force the user to clean small areas at a time. I know that I would be prone to wanting to be finished as quickly as possible and cover as much area as I could. Having the smaller brush would slow me down and help prolong the life of my coat by keeping my patience in check. Just my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better options for nubuck., September 25, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
Honestly not blown back with this. The wire inner parts to this brush seem to create uneven stroke patterns on my ecco nubuck shoes and the handle which I thought would be more convenient really wasn't at all. I can't say how it works for suede but for nubuck the Johnson & Murphy kit is way better. Simple all plastic bristles with a wood backing plate like a shoe polishing brush. It just works better. I can't say for certain what the plastic parts of this brush are suppose to do but if it's for removing set in dirt or light stains it has nothing on the eraser (which also comes in the Johnson & Murphy set btw). Lastly there is the price which is almost double what I paid for the set and yet this brush still falls far short. Again if u have suede shoes I have no idea if this works well but there are better options for nubuck.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality, April 29, 2014
J. M. Wilkinson (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
As soon as I started using this brush on my suede shoes, the bristles started falling out. Now I can only use the plastic parts of the brush to clean my shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars This little brush is a miracle worker!, November 22, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
This little brush is a miracle worker! Just two days after buying a pair of tan relaxed leather shoes, I got a big smudge on the front of one of the shoes. I wasn't even aware that these types of brushes existed until I did a search for leather cleaner. I was pretty skeptical but decided to give it a go since it's only $7. The brush has 4 different surfaces, but I used the Nylon bristle surface and it took the mark right off! The bristles seem tough like they could scratch the shoe, but it didn't ruin the leather at all. This is a great tool to have on hand.

***Pros :)
- quickly brushes out stains and scuffs
- cheap!
- different surfaces allow cleaning around every crevice

***Cons :(
- doesn't work on all types of leather

4.0 out of 5 stars These do just as good a job at cleaning and re-napping the nubuck and ..., December 13, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
I ordered two of these because the price was much less than the Pedag (popular German brand) brush I currently own. These do just as good a job at cleaning and re-napping the nubuck and suede but suffer a similar shortcoming. The handles are too weak for the force applied during cleaning. Eventually my Pedag broke. They should either be made more elastic/flexible or not have the flat sides facing the direction of applied force. Not to worry though, these advertise a lifetime warranty-which is why I purchased them-to assuage any concerns for durability issues. I just hope the exchange, if needed, is trouble free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems particularly suited for suede jackets and more delicate suede items., November 2, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
I ordered this brush because I could not find the brass-bristle suede brush I had used for decades. I found that brush after this brush was delivered. This brush is good, but I think my old brush on which ALL the bristles are brass is more effective on suede shoes than this brush, on which only part of the brush appears to be brass. This brush might be better on more delicate suede items such as jackets, where an all-brass brush might be too harsh. If you search Amazon for "brass suede brush" you'll see brushes that might be better for shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle!, September 20, 2014
StefB "StefB" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
I used this on a brand new (very expensive) suede purse. I'd only worn the bag once & got some grease on it - I was devastated. I took it to a top notch dry cleaners & they said it would cost $100 & they couldn't guarantee that it would come out so I decided not to go that route. I didn't have high hopes for this little brush, but it worked & my bag looks brand new again!!!