5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! 4 different cleaning surfaces
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:58 Mins
This is a very nice brush. I used it to clean my suede shoes and it did a good job, without damaging the suede.

Published 7 months ago by Ali Julia

3.0 out of 5 stars Better options for nubuck.
Published 1 month ago by Dark Arbiter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! 4 different cleaning surfaces, March 11, 2014
Length:: 1:58 Mins

The brush has 4 different cleaning surfaces. One side has silicone brush, it strong yet gentle, the instructions say to use it on heavier scuff marks and stains. The opposite side is the nylon bristles and instruction say to use it on lighter scuffs and stains. The corner brush makes it easy to reach hard to reach areas. The arched half circles is helpful for rounded corners.

As you see in the video I used this brush on green suede shoes. After the nice cleaning job, the brush picked up some green color. I washed the brush with soapy water and was able to remove all green color.

The brush is made out of plastic and silicone. The total length of the brush is 6": the handle is 4" and the head of the brush is 2". It weighs 1 oz.

The brush did a nice job cleaning and was easy clean itself. I am very pleased with it.

Ali Julia review
[sample provided for review]

4.0 out of 5 stars Be clean!, March 16, 2014
C. Schmidt (amztabhlp at gmail) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
*Disclosure: I was contacted by a representative for Shacke and given a sample of this product specifically for the purpose of giving my thoughts on it.*

Cleaning your suede is important for keeping it looking good. Typically, I use a standard scrub type brush and an old toothbrush. But even then, getting into the crevices can be difficult and restoring the texture in worn spots isn't to easy. I tried out this brush from Shacke on several different pairs of footwear, which were in various states of cleanliness and overall condition. The nubby brush did well on getting matted/scuffed areas to look good again, with some limitations. Some of the heavily worn spots there was just no hope for, no matter how much work was put into it. The nylon and brass brush did a good job of getting dirt out of the suede and restoring its appearance. The two edge tools were ok in crevices, though to me the nylon and brass brush did a better job of getting into the nooks and crannies. Not satisfied with my own experiences, I handed of the sample to a couple friends that are very into shoes, and habitually clean their shoes after every use before putting them back into their boxes, (yes, they are that anal about it). The feedback I received from them was all positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality brush at a great price! Sized so that cleaning is not awkward and clumsy., May 24, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
The quality of this brush is unbeatable. I used this to clean a pair of tall suede boots and three pair of short suede booties. The tall boots had never been cleaned and had been used heavily for two years. All four pairs of boots turned out beautifully. I couldn’t believe the difference in the tall boots though. I thought they had seen their last season. They look great again. After all of that cleaning, the brush shows virtually no wear and tear.

Not one single problem with the brush. Not one bristle fell out. This is a high quality brush. I’ve used several in the past on handbags and shoes and this has been one of the better that I’ve had the opportunity to use. The brush was not awkward to use either. Usually the brush heads are too large and cleaning becomes clumsy. This brush made me wish that I had more suede handy to clean. Especially some handbags. This brush would be perfect to use on handbags because it would allow to get at all areas and around corners with ease.

I disagree with the customer who thinks that it would be too small to clean a coat. I think that the size of the brush would be a benefit because it would force the user to clean small areas at a time. I know that I would be prone to wanting to be finished as quickly as possible and cover as much area as I could. Having the smaller brush would slow me down and help prolong the life of my coat by keeping my patience in check. Just my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better options for nubuck., September 25, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
Honestly not blown back with this. The wire inner parts to this brush seem to create uneven stroke patterns on my ecco nubuck shoes and the handle which I thought would be more convenient really wasn't at all. I can't say how it works for suede but for nubuck the Johnson & Murphy kit is way better. Simple all plastic bristles with a wood backing plate like a shoe polishing brush. It just works better. I can't say for certain what the plastic parts of this brush are suppose to do but if it's for removing set in dirt or light stains it has nothing on the eraser (which also comes in the Johnson & Murphy set btw). Lastly there is the price which is almost double what I paid for the set and yet this brush still falls far short. Again if u have suede shoes I have no idea if this works well but there are better options for nubuck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on Merrell Mocs, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
My boys wear suede Merrell Jungle Mocs to school, since they are durable and acceptable for their dress code. They are in 1st and 3rd grade, and break is spent climbing trees, playing soccer, and in general getting covered in mud. They come home with their shoes (and clothes) absolutely coated most days.
I bought this brush to clean up their shoes, especially because they also wear them to church. It does a fantastic job of sweeping off all of the dried mud and crud. Even they were impressed with how clean their shoes were, which is big for elementary school aged boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this brush!, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
This brush is excellent for cleaning my leather and suede shoes. Don't hesitate. If you have nice shoes that you like to keep clean, this is a great little tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for military life, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
I'm in the United States Air Force, and keeping up a top-notch appearance is both important and mandatory. That being said, my suede boots get beat up relentlessly. This little brush is the perfect answer to that dilemma, allowing me to clean them and restore them to a respectable appearance as often as needed. Very happy with it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes More Work Than I Thought, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
I haven't really noticed it doing what it's supposed to be doing. I cleaned one of my navy suede shoes and then a few days later decided to clean my white suede shoes and it left blue marks. Took a bit of work to get it out. Definitely takes a lot of stroking action to clean up your shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - But You Have To Work For It, August 27, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
Realistically, this is about the only thing you really need to clean suede. The magic is in the nylon and brass bristles. You will be amazed at how much dirt and stains you can get off suede with this brush alone. Until I spent two days brushing my five year old suede office chair's arms, I would have never believed a brush alone could do the job.

My wife bought me this beautiful incredibly comfortable suede office chair. Of course I've never cleaned it. I'm actually pretty careful with this chair. There were only a few food stains, chocolate mostly. The biggest problem is the arms, they have five years of elbow and hand grease on them. They were pretty smooth and shiny.

I went to work on the arms very lightly. After working with this for a few days, there are a few tips to cleaning old suede. You can be a lot rougher than you might imagine. That brush with the nylon and brass bristles - that thing does some amazing cleaning and it is your primary tool. The first pass is to get the even layer of stuff off with the brush side and the nylon nub side. Alternate back and forth. Work slowly like you are shining shoes and you'll start to see original color show up.

After you've spent a lot of time brushing the suede, you might run into a few spots that just won't clean up. That is when you have to call in the heavier artillery - the square eraser thing. The one I use is called Pedag Suede Cleaner - it looks like a big eraser. Pedag Suede Cleaner One in Package

In the end, that brush is really the work horse. Except for a few small spots on the arms, I was able to get my chair back to almost brand new.

Now the best advice - use this brush more frequently to keep the suede clean. That way you don't have to spend two or three days working on the arms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great to remove scuff marks on my Oxford dress shoes, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner
This handy little brush has four different sides and each side has a different cleaning tool. The welt surface brush is used to remove heavy scuff marks. The nylon bristles with metal bristles in the middle is used to clean light scuff marks and kind of polish the leather. The arched half circle brush is made to clean around corners and the protruded brush is for cleaning in crevices and grooves.

I had never used a brush like this but wanted to give it a try. To be honest I didn't really expect it to do much good. I tried it out on a pair of oxford shoes that had several big scuff marks on the front of them. First I used the welt surface brush which has a lot of little rubber bumps on it. I pushed hard and brushed back and forth and was surprised to see much of the scuff marks started to rub away. It left a lot of rubber dust behind so I took a wet towel and wiped them down and then used the nylon bristles to remove the remaining scuff marks. The Nylon bristles polish your shoes and it removes any fine lines or marks.

The brush will get dirty after every use so you will want to wash it every once in a while with some soapy water. I am shocked at how well this inexpensive little brush works on Nubuck leather and would consider it a good investment. I haven't tried it on Suede but I think it would work just as well. It will certainly help the appearance of my work shoes and it will probably allow be to get more use out of them before buying a new pair.

Sample provided for review.