Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on July 16, 2015
I love it,it's a well written piece. ..
on April 6, 2015
I was puzzled by those who didn't like this book. My reviews are rarely 'technical'. Instead, I review based on how a book makes me feel when I'm finished. I felt 'good' about the book. There. How's that? Now, here's why. I am ordinarily not an urban fantasy reader. They usually get so bogged down in the minutia of the world that my eyes glass over--characters with names I can't remember. Plots that are so deep you need to hire somebody to explain it to you. Not here! The author built a world that was plausible and I could keep straight in my head all the way through the book. I came away believing that on my next trip to Atlanta I'll be on the lookout for Kira Solomon. I want her on my team. Where a couple of reviewers thought it bogged down, I take the opposite POV. I thought it moved quickly. I like short chapters and I love being compelled to read the next chapter. That's another reason why this worked for me. I thought the heroine kept her 'sass' all the way through. Like any fantasy heroine she had to have at least one weak moment. Kira had hers and grew stronger afterward. I would have given this 5 stars if it had been in first person. There I agree with a reviewer that usually fantasy is in 1st. But it doesn't HAVE to be. It's the author's choice. And the author is quite proficient in Egyptology and it shows. Bravo!! All this said, I liked the book. My first from this author and it won't be my last!!
on March 31, 2015
Young woman comes into her powers and becomes a force to be reckoned! And learns the strength and wisdom to control them
on November 25, 2014
Finally a story with Anansi and one in which he is not portrayed as a trickster or charlatan. Thanks much!
on August 8, 2014
Well-written and fast-paced with lots of cool mythology stuff outside of the usual European myths and legends. Zoomed through it and will look for the rest of the series.
on April 6, 2014
First reviewed for the Paperback Cafe.

I wanted to pick up Shadow Blade by Seressia Glass ever since I sat next to her table at a Georgia Romance Writers meeting and heard her say, "Well, I asked myself: What would you do with an immortal warrior and a primal god in Atlanta? Why take them to The Vortex for chili-cheese fries of course!"

I don't think she ever even realized I'd heard her but it definitely left an impression and I looked up her book.

Here you have an Urban Fantasy following Kira Solomon, antique dealer by day, defender of all that is good at night. And hunky Nubian warrior, Khefer, who is trying to make up for all the lives he took in anger over four millennia ago.

This was a great read. I put it under Appetizer because it definitely wet's the appetite for the rest of the series. Seressia brings together some great characters from a story telling spider god who happens to be a culinary master, a couple of ex-military tattoo artist witches, and a band with some fun hidden talents.

I really loved the use of Egyptian mythology in this story. I don't know a lot about it and so its new and fresh for me. I love how she portrays the gods.

If you enjoy Urban Fantasy, you like action and adventure peppered with humor, trust me and pick up the book.
on November 16, 2013
Good flow of language. The story caught my imagination and stayed with me while I was doing my daily duties. I really anticipated the next chance I'd get to sit and discover the unfolding of this tale. I had an idea of what may occur, but it was fun letting the different scenarios place out in my mind and then to read about what really happened. The book is a good journey. Enjoy!
on August 5, 2013
i like urban fantasy books, but this one just wasn't my flavor. it started out really well, then it just kind of got really boring. i should say that i didn't finish it, so it might have picked up again - i just wasn't willing to wait around to find out if it did
VINE VOICEon July 30, 2013
The first work I've read from this author and I was thoroughly impressed. I'm a big urban fantasy reader. It took me a bit to get into the story, and most first books have alot of detail and world-building. But once I got to the "meat" of the story, I was like a dog with a bone. Not letting go until I'm finished!

Kira is a wonderful character. You have sympathy for her backstory, but she doesn't let it rule her life. She builds character and strength from her weaknesses. A fascinating and versatile heroine who you will come to love as she makes her choices.

Khefar is a warrior hunk over 4,000 years old. He wants his dagger back and will do everything within his power to get it. But Kira and Khefar will have to work together because a darker force is closing in on them. They'll have to keep their desire for one another on the back burner before they get burned alive.

Shadow Blade is a gritty and raw urban fantasy that sets the tone for more in the series. I'm looking forward to more adventures.
on June 7, 2013
Kira Solomon has powers, powers that have left her unable to touch other humans in fear of harming them. She uses her gift as part of a clandestine organization to fight evil. Kira can read objects, which helps her when she is given an ancient blade that can change the face of the world. The blade belongs to Khefar, a 4,000 year old warrior working his way toward forgiveness for crimes committed with his blade. The two fight their attraction for one another while working to keep the blade out of the hands of an evil being on the side of Shadow.

The world was great, fully developed, Glass has a unique foundation to build upon. On the light and dark urban fantasy scale Shadow Blade is a nice middle ground, I foresee it getting darker as these reads tend to go that route. This is the first book in the Shadowchasers series so we just get a taste of the deeper developing relationship between Kira and the Nubian warrior Khefar. I enjoyed the Shadow Blade concept, the use of gods rarely mentioned and the characters actual interaction with their god. My favorite book by Seressia Glass is still Three Wishes though. So Shadow Blade was a unique read, this was my bookclub read and the concept was well liked, one major complaint was they wanted to get to the bedroom faster.