4.0 out of 5 stars Technology Follows us Everywhere
Published on November 2, 2009 by The Book Blogger

3.0 out of 5 stars What Do You Do Now?
Published on December 14, 2009 by Kelly Blackwell - Here's My Ta...

4.0 out of 5 stars Technology Follows us Everywhere, November 2, 2009
This review is from: Shadow Government: How the Secret Global Elite Is Using Surveillance Against You (Paperback)
I had the pleasure of being able to read Shadow Government by internationally known prophecy expert, Grant Jeffey. I was enlightened by this book and have highlighted key features that every Christian should know, in fact the book is full of vital information...I felt like building an Ark after readingf this book. Now, to be fair, I had to read this book as if I were an atheist or agnostic. When reading boks about the government sneaking around on you and dirty propagandas, lying media, and then biblical prophecies you must leave your mind opened and sharp.

Mr. Jeffrey, in the Aknowledgements page sets the stage for what he is trying to prove. "Globalist strategies and the phenomenal growth and expansion of surveillance capabilities are setting the stage for the rise of the antichrist."(Shadow Government, p.7). The book is broken down as follows:

*Technology that destroys Your Future- here, Mr. Grant Jeffrey talks about technology that literally follows us everywhere. The UK, has technology that follows you from the store, to your car, and possibly in your home. Emailing, making purchases online, paying bills(with online pay) all of these are intercepted not by the government as we know it but by your own neighboors, inside elite groups, policemen- anyone.

*Using Technology to Rule the World-Project Echelon is discussed here as well as weapons that are straight out of Star Wars. It is amazing how much the media cover...and how little. Grant Jeffrey earns my credit by having his notes at the end of the book as further proof of his research.

*Political Plans For Global Government- I really enjoyed this chapter, because it went back to befor ethe Dark Ages and rome and its conquering of Israel in 63 B.C., to being a Superstate and then we move on to the how this ties in with the Mark of the Beast. The book is well researched, yet even Mr. Grant mentions, " There is something both deeply mysterious and fascinating about this mark" (p.158) We are not sure what this mark will look like, but with increasing technology it may be imbedded in non believers. Scary.

*Secret Plans to Control the World's Economy- We have to prepare for the last days. The government has the means to print and make money, so why are we suffering? My take on this is: We as consumers can't buy things we need if we have bad credit- yet America is in trillions of debt!! Probably Gazillions.

All in all I really enjoyed this book, yet some terms I had to look up and when numbers were thrown around and other notes flung around that made me dizzy. The author truly did his research so I got the gist of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be naive, it's time to know what's happening around you, October 28, 2009
Gretchen (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This is the first time that I have read a non-fiction book and felt my heart doing a workout that is usually reserved for thriller-suspense novels. It's like I heard in a movie recently, the girl said, "Adventures in real life aren't really fun at the time." (Unfortunately, I can't remember what movie it was). If we are smart though, we won't bury our head in the sand, but we'll prepare ourselves for the spiritual battle - and harvest - of a lifetime. Arm ourselves with passages like the one found in Joshua 1:9 when the Lord said to him, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." We need to be bold and fearless - and be ready for the adventure of our lives. No matter what we have to endure, ultimately, it will bring us to the day we hope for, when His will is done on earth as it is in Heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars frightening, October 25, 2009
Caution! If you like to feel like you are in control of your life this book will change your mind. Off the grid? No longer possible. Even paying using cash no longer protects your privacy.

Jeffrey writes well and explains how your privacy is at risk in a way that is very understandable. So understandable I almost didn't finish the book as it scared me.

So if you want to know what your government is capable of the read the book. Jeffrey also compares what is happening today to what John predicted in Revelations.

3.0 out of 5 stars What Do You Do Now?, December 14, 2009
One of my early memories is when I was about 4 years old. I was at my grandparents house and opened one of their closets in one of the spare bedrooms. It was a large closet and it was full of canned goods and vitamins. They also had a safe full of silver coins. My grand parents were waiting for the end times. Since that time, I have been aware of things like bar codes (literally I remember the first time I saw a bar code. It was on a pack of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit gum and I was 9 or 10 years old. It wigged me out), the mark of the beast, tribulation, and the second coming.

Shadow Government details the various ways that we as US citizens can be tracked. Some of the ways I knew of already. Though there were a few that I didn't know much detail on. I can see the value in a book like this, but I also see that my family has been aware of the end times for most of my life time. I am 42 years old now, and have seen my family go a little overboard on trying to prepare. I do think that these things are pointing to the end times, but that doesn't mean it is tomorrow or even next week. At the same token...it certainly can be. God only knows the answer to this question.

For myself, the last chapter, Preparing for the Last Days was the significant chapter. If you are a Bible believing Christian, you are aware of what is to come. For me it is more important to get yourself right with God and be there for others. Show them His love. I don't believe we should be worrying about a time table. We need to act in love now.

This is a book that was not really for me. It was informative, but as a person who grew up around people who were always waiting. It was a reminder of how you can waste time with those worries. BUT it is also a good book for showing how scripture points to many of the things that are taking place. This might be a good tool for some to share with those they feel would best be served by this information. We all are reached in different ways.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concepts, October 27, 2009
The nonfiction book, Shadow Government, is not a book that I would normally have picked up and read. In fact, halfway through the introduction I almost put it down. But, I wanted to be able to give a review of the book as a whole, not just my initial impression of it. And I actually found myself struggling to put it down before I got out of the first chapter! Though I don't necessarily believe everything that is stated as fact in the book, it definitely opened my eyes to a lot of what is going on around me and throughout the world in the ways of technology.

4.0 out of 5 stars Both Timely & Chilling, November 19, 2009
I am sure that many folks will dismiss this book outright due to the theology of Grant Jeffreys - either because their own theology conflicts with his, or because the mere fact that he has a theology of any kind conflicts with their belief or desire for a God-free universe. Dismissing this work for either of those reasons is a mistake.

Jeffreys has done his homework, and shows himself to be a solid researcher who has written a book that should give pause to anyone with sense enough to wonder about how technology has, is, and will impact the private lives and personal freedoms of every single person on earth.

The world is a very different place from what it was even 20 years ago, let alone when our grandparents felt adequately protected from prying eyes by the pulling of a simple window shade or blind. In Shadow Government, Grant R. Jeffrey documents piece by piece and step by step why none of have the luxury of living under that type of naïveté any longer.

I can remember first becoming aware of the Echelon Project more than ten years ago, and that even with protests being filed by the French Government, and suits brought by the ACLU - the American public at large either remained blind to its existence, or dismissed it as fantasy when told about it. As Jeffrey's lays out so well within the book, the huge steps that Echelon has taken toward eliminating our rights to privacy are nearly inconsequential compared to all those that technology has come up with since that we all readily embrace, even rush toward.

Timely and disturbing, Shadow Government is a book well worth reading.

- Loren Sanders
([...])

This book was provided for review by the WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group.
[...].

4.0 out of 5 stars Time to wake up!!!, October 26, 2009
Grant Jeffrey's newest book, Shadow Government, is a timely wake up call to the citizens of the Western world who seem blissfully unaware that their freedoms are under attack. Your eyes will be opened as Jeffrey exposes the various tactics and methods used by the government to track and spy on its citizens. Jeffrey states that the public is awakening to the heightened dangers posed by new surveillance technologies.

However, the government isn't the only one using advanced technology to track individuals. According to Grant Jeffrey, both Intel and Microsoft embedded surveillance and tracking technologies into some of their products which led to protests from customers and privacy groups, however Jeffrey explains that the vast majority of computer users are unaware of these breaches in privacy.

Gillette, mass producer of men's products, is another big company you might be surprised to discover using invasive technology to track their products and customers.

Jeffrey also exposes how advanced technology is setting the stage for a totalitarian police state, fulfilling Biblical prophecy of the Anti Christ. "The development of computerized information warfare can neutralize an enemy's economy, defenses and infrastructure."

If you are curious as to the REAL power(s) running America and what it means for your future, this book will cause you to pause and think deeper about the perilous last days we live in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to Make Me Throw Out My Computer, October 30, 2009
This book was intense. I read it and then read it again to try to absorb all the information. The first time I read it I was ready to throw out my computer and stick strictly to cash for all of my monetary transactions. But after the second time I realized it was just more important to know the information in the book and use it to my advantage, because really I'm not getting rid of my credit cards or my computer!

I received this book to review from Multnomah/Random House.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shhh! It's a Military Secret! Don't Get Yourself Unstrung . . . .But Where's the Love?, February 27, 2010
Grant R. Jeffrey's clear and not-too-long book, "Shadow Government," is subtitled "How the Secret Global Elite Is Using Surveillance Against You." The subtitle is misleading in that surveillance and its ingenious gadgets is a subject that covers Part 1 and Part 2 and the first six chapters of this 4-Part, 13-chaptered book, but no more than Part 1 and Part 2.

The remaining Parts and chapters cover well and provocatively the Elite's globalist agenda, with striking emphasis paid to FEMA, the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund as well as the NAFTA Agreement. One serious omission to this hierarchical list of totalitarian leaders is the Federal Reserve Bank and any in-depth discussion of its destructive impact on the world.

If you listen to Alan Watt's radio program on Republic Broadcasting online or find his podcasts at (...), or if you listen to Oracle Broadcasting radio shows online, or read "Blacklisted News" online, prospective readers will already be well-informed and have a good historical and political background with which to absorb Grant Jefferey's intriguing analysis and exposure of the New World Order's many plots or totalitarian designs on mankind's future, although the surveillance gadgets discussed in the first four chapters of Jeffrey's book are exceptionally detailed and make purchase of the book worthwhile.

With regard to the many sneaky, small and seductive surveillance gadgets now available and soon to be available (I won't even discuss the book's revelations about our DNA here or the weaponization of the weather), it is clear that, yes, Big Brother already knows pretty much all about us, that is, you and me. For just a small instance from a choice of literally hundreds of gadgets, there are RFID chips inside a man's Mach 3 razor blade (as well in the little "i" in Philadelphia Cream Cheese, not mentioned in this book), and they're also in rings, in books, and in some medical cards, totally invisible to the eye or even another surveillance camera, all reporting back information about you, your purchases, your whereabouts. Your cell phone, your car, your email, your driver's license, your passport betray you, eviscerate your privacy.

These gadgets, while seemingly invented for your convenience and protection, have a dual purpose: tracking and controlling -- you. The next step is for all of us to be "chipped" like the abandoned and lost animals at the SPCA.

Grant R. Jeffrey states on the last page of the book that he wrote this book to introduce nonbelievers to faith in Christ and to encourage Christians in their faith. Those bits and sometimes whole paragraphs where the author relies heavily on theological interpretations of the prophecies of Daniel, John, and Zachariah to convey the idea that all these Big Brother plots are here to fulfill he Book of Revelations, I simply read like a bar-code reading machine, because there was nothing but fear and authoritarianism to be gained from those Biblical bits and passages, and the book already is full of natural warnings about the coming global authoritarianism that to follow through with the author's conviction that a man will be coming on a white horse to save humanity and "rule" the world (without any mention of Love) simply wasn't something this reader could take in, his head already being full of wars and rumors of forthcoming wars on the non-supernatural, geopolitical scene as it is. Besides, the author seems not to have read Bart D. Ehrman's book revealing the hidden contradictions in the Bible and its assumed but unprovable inerrancy.

This book is an informative, clear, and incisive eye-opener on mankind's future, well worth reading and purchasing, no matter what you think or feel about the author's theology, although it is not by any means a complete picture of the New World Order that's here and developing. What's here is plenty for one intense if introductory encounter.

* * *

12/14/14

For more current information, read "A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State" by John W. Whitehead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basically a wake up call..., October 30, 2009
"Privacy is dead, deal with it"
- Scott McNealy former CEO of Sun Microsystems

Shadow Government by Grant R. Jeffrey is a 200 page warning on the invasion of our privacy. It goes to great lengths to let the reader understand who is surveilling, why they are and what the information will be used for. An alarming visual is painted of how much personal information slips through our fingers to be collected and stored when we use a debit card, surf the internet, give our social security numbers or Google search for "funny cat videos". It's a call for individuals to safeguard themselves and protect their identities from thieves and seemingly omnipotent rulers who conspire among evil and thinly veiled organizations, but the message does little to encourage hope in the battle.

It portrays that a bleak and Orwellian world is already upon us and there is little we can do to derail it. The writer's intention seems to be to warn and to provide proof that wicked world leaders and evil forces are becoming capable of fulfilling their roles, as written in Biblical Old Testament warnings and the apocalyptic message found in the New Testament book of Revelations.

The reader will walk away knowing the enemies, their tools and how quickly they are using them to gain ground economically and politically. I'm reminded of one most memorable scene described in this book, the writer details a scene in the possible near future, of a thief standing in the street. He is using a device to read the RFID tags that have been implanted in unsuspecting civilians, (imagine a chip in your hand used to pay taxes or buy a coffee) the device tells the thief all manner of personal information and how much money his victims would be carrying.

$14.99 $11.92