5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this series, October 22, 2011
This review is from: Shadow Lands (Hardcover)
A wonderful and utterly absorbing tale. Make sure you give yourself the time and attention to read this trilogy. If you are a fan of rich plots, fully developed complex characters and a gripping yarn that's impossible to put down, this book (and the two other installments of the trilogy) are for you. Simon Lister has created a world that is familiar enough to be relatable, and at the same time alien enough to stir your imagination. The trilogy leaves you satisfied while hoping that there will be more to come. I found myself unable to put it down, flying through the pages, and then slowing my reading to a crawl at the end to make it last just a little bit longer. Although you may think that the Arthurian sub-genre is over done, this is welcome and original take on the myth spiced with a subtle (and sometimes overt) homage to Middle Earth. It is so finely drawn that even avid book readers will be clamouring for the film (and hoping that Peter Jackson is available. Buy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great find!, August 7, 2010
This review is from: Shadow Lands (Hardcover)
I picked up this trilogy while on vacation in the UK. I thought the premise was odd---a futuristic Arthurian tale, but I was soooo mistaken! Loved these books! Action packed and edge of your seat---I couldn't stop reading until the very last page of book three! This series brings to mind Bernard Cornwell and George RR Martin, but the author certainly has his own style. The story is dark and filled with death, but it works and works really well. I can't wait for the fourth installment!

Shadow Lands
Shadow Lands by Simon Lister (Paperback - March 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $35.06