5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic books!
I am a big fan of Orson Scott Card. I LOVED the Ender books, and was thrilled when the Shadow/Bean series first began.

In other series, I find that Card starts strong, then meanders a bit - the first book is always the best, with each subsequent book being a bit worse. That is NOT the case with this series. It's strong throughout, and difficult to put...
Published 8 months ago by Jennifer L Wendt

3.0 out of 5 stars Great books, but check the prices first
The books themselves are fantastic, you can read all the other reviews for them all over Amazon for that. Before you buy this edition, check the prices on buying the 5 included books individually - at the time of this writing, both this e-book and the Ender Quintet compilation are considerably more expensive than buying the individual e-books that make up the set.
Published 9 months ago by Jason E. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of enjoyment, June 14, 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
These books provided me with many hours of enjoyment. Orson Scott Card creates characters I grow to love. I have to read on and find out what they are thinking and experiencing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow Bean's story, June 2, 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
I suppose if you are reading the Shadow Quintet, you have gone through some or all of the Ender's series. It is important to read Ender's Game first, but reading this set can be the next step although I think it is better to finish the Ender series first. We get a glimpse of Bean in Ender's Game, but there is so much more to discover about not only him, but the rest of the gang of the Battle School after returning to earth. My only complaint is when I finished, I desired a follow-on to the end of the book's situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great partner series with the Ender Quintet!, May 11, 2014
perogi "perogi.org" (Valley of the Sun, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this series even more than the Ender series. Simply awesome.

Gives us insight into Bean's story line and, even more importantly, Peter Wiggin's climb to power.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, May 6, 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
A lot of the same with very few highlights or insights - too many political opinions stated as "fact". Inconclusive and evidently a "teaser " for more of the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't get enough, April 29, 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
Orson Scott Card is able to pick apart such intelligent conversations and strategery, I simply can't get enough of it. So far I've read up to shadow of the Hegemony and it is flipping good and really addictive. I had to go to rehab for a while because when I stopped reading so I could work I would get the shakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SciFi, March 28, 2014
Boatbulider (Bruce Crossing, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
An amazing expansion of the Enders Game saga. These books can stand alone or compliment Enders Game quintet. I look forward to reading more from this author..

5.0 out of 5 stars Orson Scott Card is great, March 14, 2014
Carol (PHILLIPSBURG, KS, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
I'm a great fan of Orson Scott Card. Most of what he writes is very entertaining. The Shadow Quintet does not disappoint. If you liked the Ender's Game Series, this is a must read as background on them all. Somehow they need to be all together

5.0 out of 5 stars I Rate A Book By How I Feel At The End..., March 13, 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
I've read the Ender Quintet, now the Shadow Quintet, seriously, book 4 drove me nuts, skipped thru most of it, assumed, wrongly, that the 5th would follow the same path, but not one to give up in the end, I moved forward, and yet again, left a sobbing mess at the end of the book! 10 books, that's a job, it's been a long road, may have a yet undiscovered disorder from turning virtual pages too often! In the end, I feel complete, the story came full circle. Sure, there were openings left for other books or series of them, but I'm good, I had all the gaps closed, and I drew concern from all the dogs with my tears at the end, it's a damn good read when I can cry like that at the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story of the world while Ender is away, February 28, 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
Bean plays a bigger part in uniting the world than Ender does. He not only helps free the kidnapped battle school grads from Achilles hold then eventually eliminates him. He is also a crutial part of the Hedgmons (Peter Wiggin) take over.

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, February 6, 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Quintet (Kindle Edition)
Wow what a great series. I loved how all the stories came together. I would recommend this to young and old alike.

The Shadow Quintet