Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

100%

on February 25, 2013
U.S. Marshal Slade Taggart is a hero I love. Strong, protective, and kind. Caroline Duncan has some issues with a past abusive marriage and the loss of her son, who was kidnapped by her ex-husband. There are three story lines weaving through the novel, and I liked how the secondary story lines didn't take over the main one. The secondary story lines were written in snippets throughout the book - enough to add some tension and get some feeling for what was going on, but not enough to interfere with the main characters. This book had me on the edge of my seat from the beginning. Suspense blended with a clean romance is exactly the kind of story I like to read. I'm looking forward to reading more books by Candace.
on April 12, 2006
Right off the bat, you find out that the main character's son has been kidnapped. We're still on the first page, and we find ourselves pulled into the action by our eyebrow hairs. Page after page of action, interspersed with a very believable and sweet romance, and then back to the action before you can even blink. I stayed in bed all day to read it, nursing a cold -- and after my Nyquil kicked in, I pretended to still be sick so I could stay in bed and finish. I can't wait for the sequel.
on August 6, 2009
I absolutely love this book! There's just enough suspense and romance to make it so you really don't want to put it down! I can't wait for the next book! I laughed out loud at least twice and thoroughly enjoyed the conversations between the characters!
on March 27, 2005
I thought I was going to read a few chapters and I had read the whole thing before I knew it!

Intriguing, rollercoaster ride of a romance that satisfies the heart. Fast action entertains while the reader really gets involved in Caroline's quandaries.

Surprising twists and lyrical phrasing left me wanting to read the next book right NOW!

Highly recommended!
on April 6, 2005
This book was a great delight to me. It was refreshing to read with the values I believe in as a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Yes there is mystery, intrique and the drug cartel smack in the middle of it, but it also has the tenderness of a pure and true love that took my breath away. It definitely is a must read and you won't want to put it down.