Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 12, 2012
I started with the first book friday and ended with the fourth on Sunday afternoon. I couldn't put the books down. This was one of my favorites especially the ending. I guess the my favorite part about these books is the fact that it has real life twists. It's so real. I'm not giving away the ending....you have to read it yourself....but if I wasn't married I'd be finding Chase myself.
on November 9, 2011
I really like this series of the "Leroy's Sins" novels (this being the third installment). I find the author and the plot to be highly more entertaining (and less predictable) than Danielle Steel and her wannabes. The writing is good, the characters believable, and the plot doesn't have me identifying the "bad guy" before (s)he is revealed. A little too "romance novel" for me, but that's the genre here.

I do suggest starting at the beginning of the series to get a flavor for the town of Leroy and its citizens. I hope more books in the series are forthcoming.
on November 15, 2011
This was an interesting book. You have two main story lines going on, one suspense the other romance. Both were well balanced so neither took over the story, and twisted together just enough. I liked the main characters well enough. Annie is sweet with a rebellious streak. Chase was a little to good to be true, but the author did work in some flaw that made him more likeable. I did want to slap him at the end of the book, though. I won't give any thing away though.
My big issue was with the un-needed information.There was way to much filler and stuff that could've been tossed because it had no bearing on the plot. I felt about 50 pages could have been cut and it wouldn't have effected the story.
Other than that this was a really great story. I enjoyed the book, the plot and characters. Everything was fleshed out and the plot moved along nicely.

This product was provided to me free of charge by the author in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.
on March 12, 2015
I love these clean romance novels filled with suspense and intrigue. T. L. Haddix weaves a special blend of charming characters with mysterious and dangerous people to cause enough havoc with this group. I love that the Shadows Collection is incorporating the lives and stories of all the characters from the first novel and continues the storylines of all so there is no need to guess at what else you might be missing from all the lives of those in the town of Leroy. On to the next! Who will be the main focus next? I can't wait!
on March 10, 2016
Another amazing book that keeps you interested to the end. I like the way the story flows from beginning to end. I was so excited to find out who the killer really was, even though I thought it was a different person. I like when the author can keep you guessing.
on May 5, 2015
This is the third book in the series, and to me they keep getting better. A hunt for a serial killer, romances happening all over, with some laugh out loud moments. These are the kind of stories that remind me of why I love to read. The past few years I have only read paranormal romance, which I still love, but lately I felt the need for romance and suspense books. This series fulfills the need and keeps me coming back for more, can't wait for the rest of the series.
on June 24, 2015
I really liked this book. Lots of twist and turns. Did not guess the murderers identity until the author wanted me to. There was bit too much of the romance side for me, but the story was so well done, it worked out fine. This was the 3rd book in this series and it worked fine as a stand alone. I will now go back and read book 1 & 2. Recommend this book as a mystery and romance in one.
on July 17, 2012
First I will say that this is hard for me to review because my real love are mysteries. I usually do not like a love story mixed in with a mystery but in this case I really liked the characters. I understand that this is the third in the series but I didn't know that but it definitely could be considered a stand alone book.

The reason I didn't give this a 5 is because there was more love story than mystery. There were also a lot of people to keep track of (siblings & friends of Annie & Chase + cops, etc.). I finally decided I just didn't care enough to keep track of who was married to who, etc. It didn't really add to the story anyhow (it didn't bother me but it was a little hard to figure out). Perhaps if I had read the two prior books it would have been much easier to keep track of.

The mystery aspect was very interesting & I was pretty sure who the killer was but in this case (and rarely am I wrong) I didn't have it figured out until a certain someone went to the cops because he/she (don't want to give it away) thought they knew who the murderer was. I thought it was that person.

The love aspect was fine except (and again why I couldn't give it a 5) I personally found Chase & his secret hard to swallow. When he told Annie that he was glad about it I am sorry but this just seemed so over the top. I also was disappointed with Chase's attitude at the end. I also thought that all the relationships seemed to good to be true. They just seemed a little too Mayberry RFD to me. Men just aren't this sappy (sorry).

Will I read the rest of the series - absolutely! I will also check out the other books by this author as well.
on May 24, 2015
Well written but since I have read her other book series, the f bombs started about 1/2 way through the book and really were not necessary. I will check out the language out before I read another one. I was really disappointed in the author's continual use of offensive language,
on June 3, 2012
I've read all the books in the series and I'm dying for more! I could not put any of the four books down! A perfect combination of mystery and romance that keeps you guessing until the end (and wanting more). I absolutely adored the characters in the series and love how T.L. Haddix keeps their stories continuing into the next book in the series... you will fall in love with the characters! Can't wait for the next book!!