Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 2, 2006
I must disagree with the review that state that the website provides no route to a refund. Though the website states that it is being revised, there is a toll free number listed. I called to inquire about a refund because initially the product wasn't working for me. Though the agent was more than accomodating about providing a refund, she also took the time to ask me how I'd been using the product. As it turns out, I was applying it all wrong. She talked me through how I should use it, and it's been working like a charm ever since. It takes a little bit of time to begin to work, but it was worth the wait. ****
I've had a couple of requests to clarify what the correct way of applying the product is, and my apologies for not including that in my original review. I had applied a heavy dose of the Shake-Away on my garden,and was downright furious the following day when I saw rabbits eating away! That was why I had called. The girl instructed me to apply it lightly 2 times a week for 2 weeks, and said that it may take up to 2 weeks for it to start working. She said that once it started working, to apply it once a month to keep the bunnies away. So that's the trick, light but consistent applications.
88 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2008
We live in rural Northwest Tennessee and, before we discovered Shakeaway, had endless problems with skunks, ground hogs and opossums burrowing into the crawl space under our 150-year-old house in order to set up housekeeping.

One determined Mama opossum even climbed up from the crawl space, made a nest and raised her babies right behind the bathtub. But that wasn't the worst of it. An opossum and a skunk were competing for the same space and got into it right under our bedroom. The racket was unbelievable and to say we went around with our eyes watering would be putting it mildly.

We tried everything under the sun to get rid of these pests including hiring a licensed trapper who charged us $100.00 to set up his trap and an additional $25.00 for every animal he caught, (cats and dogs were free). When that got too expensive, we bought our own trap but that got old in a hurry.

Finally, when we were literally at our wits end, we discovered Shakeaway via an Internet search and decided to give it a try. We followed the directions exactly and, wonder of wonders, it actually worked! Since these animals are nocturnal, we waited to apply the Shakeaway until after dark, when they would be out foraging for food, and that was all it took.
Our pesky intruders decamped immediately and we've been successfully keeping them at bay ever since.

So yes, I'll definitely give Shakeaway 5 stars. It's a great product which does exactly what it claims it will, and I wish everything else would work as well.
on May 18, 2006
I live in a very suburban area and hate the nightly smell of the "skunk parade" through our yard. I've been using this stuff for a couple of years, and it REALLY WORKS! From the first day I sprinkled it, the skunks were gone (at least from my yard!)
on October 5, 2011
After trying other methods to get rid of the chipmunks who decided to tear up my landscaping beds this year, I ran across a mention of Shake Away while searching the Internet for solutions for my problem. I don't think I've ever seen a product on Amazon whose reviews were so evenly split right down the middle at the extremes - roughly half 1's and half 5's. Given the ratings, I was skeptical, but went ahead and ordered the product. I figured it would be worth a try before I resorted to buying and setting traps around my front porch.

I lightly sprinkled the product in my landscaping beds that showed tunnel activity the day I received it. Within a day or two, the chipmunks were gone. It's been a little over a week now, so I'm getting ready to do a second application to make sure they don't come back.

I have no idea why this product works so well for some and not at all for others, unless the amount applied is critical (light seems to be better than heavy). Regardless, it worked great for me.
on April 1, 2010
A groundhog had been living under our deck for more than a decade, munching on our plants. Like some other reviewers, I bought Shake-Away and was disappointed when our groundhog destroyed our chrysanthemums immediately after I applied it last fall. After re-reading the reviews at Amazon that had prompted me to buy the product and the instructions for using the product, I realized that a single application was not enough. Multiple applications are required before the pest is convinced it needs to find a new home. After repeated applications, the ornamental cabbages we planted a few weeks after the chrysanthemums survived the whole winter (they had been decimated within days in previous seasons) and we haven't seen the groundhog since.

I'm now buying more for this season. Shake-Away sells a confusing line of products through Amazon. A glance at their website ([...]) was useful at distinguishing between products for rodents, small animals and large animals; but it certainly doesn't explain how these products really differ from each other.

Update: Our ground hog returned the next spring and hasn't been driven away again,
77 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2011
I bought the product, applied as directed,and watched about 15-20 rabbits scamper about in my front yard. I took a picture of the rabbits and emailed it to Shake Away. I asked them if they had any Bigfoot and Unicorn repellant so I could get a picture of a Bigfoot riding a Unicorn in my front yard - haven't heard back yet.
on October 13, 2007
I have 2-3 chipmonks living underground within a few feet of my house. I bought the shake-away powder thinking it was noy going to work but, worth a try. After 3 weeks and an empty container of shake-away, the chipmonks still live and thrive in their hole despite I used the product as they stated.

They have a money-back poilcy, but is it worth the shipping and handling and effort to send it back??

Save your money and try something else for your problem. Shake-away does NOT work at all.
on July 14, 2008
Bottom line, the chipmunks play in it. They roll around in it like it's the first snowfall. The squirrels simply hop over it. The rabbits don't seem to take any notice of it at all. Nor do any of the deer (in fairness, the deer repellent is supposed to be coyote urine). So, which animals is it supposed to repel? It's unsightly, it stinks, it's really expensive and it does not work. If there is an animal that is actually frightened away from your plants by this stuff, I can assure that animal does not live in Ohio. Here, if they notice it at all, it's just something white and powdery that they like to roll in. It would seem to be chipmunks find it a very compelling perfume.
on August 7, 2011
Let me start by saying I use this for skunks. If you're facing troubles with other pests, I have no idea how it will work. I have a large old home that was build in 1901 on stilts which means I have a fake foundations and a great place for animals to live under my home. For years my husband and I filled in holes, built barricades, and trapped skunks that were living under our house. We'd wake in the morning to a stinky house and were desperate to find a solution. Pest control companies offered to dig a trench and build a barricade for crazy amounts of money, and we were starting to think that it was our only hope. Then a friend said "Have you tried fox pee"? I bought this product and was not hopeful that such a simple and inexpensive solution was going to solve our problem. With skunks actively living under our home, my husband followed the directions on the package and we've been skunk free since that day, now for over 6 months. I love this stuff and tell everyone who mentions that they have skunks to try it. We've owned this house since 2003 and we've never gone 6 months without a skunk stench. The fox urine granules do have a slight odor when you first put them down but fade fast, and it's nothing compared to skunk. I can tell you that I'll be buying this product for as long as I live in this house.
on May 10, 2006
I sprinkled this stuff on my hibiscus, virtually layering each bud with it, and the squirrels took to them like kids slurping chocolate sundaes. And the "money-back guarantee" web link on the container produces no discernible routes to a refund. A very disappointing product.