Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

• Shake

Format: HardcoverChange

on October 24, 2013
I giggled repeatedly my first time through. I didn't giggle any less on subsequent "reads."

I'm a grown-ass man; I don't giggle.
11 comment64 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2013
Fascinating & Real. If there is a such thing as TRUE entertainment, this is it. It's these types of concepts that make us appreciate life for what it is.
on October 22, 2013
I was lucky enough to receive Shake a day earlier, and I couldn't be happier! She does a great job at capturing the pups in such a great shake. I love how Carli listed all the dogs and their names at the end as well. Definitely a good book to add to anyones collection.
on November 11, 2013
I'm a bit biased because I know Carli Davidson and one of my 4 dogs is in the book (the English Springer Spaniel). It was a very interesting process to be a part of but I didn't have any idea of what the finished product would look like. WHOA!! This book is an incredible photo essay of many different breeds of dogs in various stages of "shake". I too am a amateur photographer and can really appreciate the talent and art that went into the creation of this book. Besides having the book on my Nook, I'll be buying a few more copies of SHAKE for gifts at the Nov. 17th book signing at Powell's Books in Portland.
on November 5, 2013
Look no further to solve your holiday shopping dilemas --- EVERYONE should own this book! Carli's photography is perfection, and the photos she has chosen to include in this book are spectacular. The mid-shake dog is funny, scary, and incredibly fascinating, and Carli captures all of that and more. This is not a coffee table book you look at once and never again. I am constantly going back to it, and everyone who has come through my door has been sucked in, cover to cover. We've giggled, ooh'd, and aah'd together -- there's something to grab everyone's attention. For dogs, shaking is a way to release tension (as well as shed water), and these dog shake photos are a great way for us humans to de-stress -- there's no way you can get through this book without laughing out loud at least once! And as an added bonus, Carli is a strong advocate for animal rescue, for adopting, and for supporting differently-abled animals. Many of her "models" have great back-stories, and are worth checking out. You definitely will not regret this purchase, and hopefully our support of Carli will bring us many more wonderful photos in the future!
on December 4, 2013
A well conceived idea that is equally well executed. This is an excellent collection of images, guaranteed to make you smile. This book has found it's place on my coffee table, beside 'Underwater Dogs', 'If Only You Knew How Much I Smell You: True Portraits of Dogs', and 'The Silence of Dogs in Cars'.

One thing worth mentioning, the middle 20 pages or so in my copy were upside down. It's not a problem for me, but someone who prefers pristine books might be put off. Outside of that the book quality (binding, printing, etc) is top notch.
on December 26, 2013
Hi there. My name is Rhyme and I am pretty. I am also a golden retriever too. I looked at this book which has dogs in it looking funny. Some are pretty and some are not. There are some dogs who are very much not pretty but they make me smile and wag when I see pictures of them looking like they have too much face. Yay! Pardon me I am chewing on a toy right now and it made a squeak. I like when toys make squeaks. I also like this book which is why I am reviewing it right now to tell you that I like it and that also it is good. I am for serious when I say it is good. This Carli person takes good pictures of dogs and I bet she smells good too. There are also not many words in it which I like because reading is too hard. So if you like to wag and smile and not read too much because reading is too hard then you should buy this book which will make you smile.

The cover is not strong enough to chew on very much for very long which is the only reason why I have given this book which is good four stars instead of five. The Kindle version lasts longer, but then you cannot read on your Kindle anymore and you may have to sit in the corner looking sad and not have your ears scratched for a while.
on November 11, 2013
Love, love, love, love! I oohed, I aahed, I laughed and I puzzled at the entertaining looks on their faces. I bought a whole stack of these and they are going out as my Christmas presents this year! Carli did a great job putting together a celebration of our furry friends at their goofiest moments. Love!
on November 12, 2013
Found this book randomly on the [...]
Bought it with no hesitation just looking the cover art. Absolutely one of the best books I've read this years. MMhh, maybe the best one.
on November 11, 2013
Carli does an amazing job capturing these animals on film. The photos show personality and triumph over struggles. Great book! Must have for the coffee table!