Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shake It Up: Break It Down [CD/DVD Combo]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 7, 2011
My daughter gave me the title for this review - she said "It rocks!"

She's been a fan of the show since it came out this past year. She loves dance and has taken dance lessons since she was in preschool (tap, jazz, and Irish Step). Now she has this cd and dvd set to learn some new mordern dance moves, and she is loving it! She's been in her room every day since we got this, practicing the moves and then making up some of her own routines. The music is very upbeat and nothing inappropriate to worry about in the lyrics. It's a lot of fun and I think she feels good about herself, learning something new and getting better at it as she practices.

This is a great way to keep your kids moving and also kicking up their happiness level with some fun, upbeat music. And it's nice that it is something she can do with friends over, but also when she is alone and bored. This is great for young girls, tweens, and early teens.
on September 25, 2011
I got this for the dance instructions.

This product contains two discs, one a CD of music, another a Dvd of instructional dance videos. I got it to learn a few dance moves. I like the show, and I like some of the dance moves that the girls do. After working through a couple of the lessons, I found that the dance moves are very easy. If you have a tween, I would recommend this. Rather than sitting on the couch with tortilla chip crumbs on their chins or getting corpal tunnel syndrome by age 10 from playing Super Nintendo or whatever they're playing now, your kid can learn some dance moves and get some very good cardio exercise.

As far as the music CD goes, this is your basic contemporary pop music.
on July 24, 2011
This CD is great for shake it up fans. From the hit TV show this soundtrack is great to listen to anywhere. Anyplace anytime!
If you are cleaning your room you can turn up the volume with this great disc!

This would be a great piece of anyone's shak it up collection!
on October 7, 2011
I listen to the music that my daughter listens to, just to see what kids like now-a-days. It got to where I listen to these songs over and over in the car, even when my daughter isn't in the car. A few are on a one track repeat, I listen to them over and over until I decide I should listen to something else. It's great. I watch Shake It Up on tv and love the dance choreography that goes with some of these songs.
on December 30, 2011
I glanced at a few episodes on TV but never really paid much attention to this series at first. I became a fan after watching he entire first season on Netflix and liked the theme song more and more each time I heard it. I decided to purchase this because of the instructional dance DVD which made the dance moves very easy to learn. What would make the instructional video perfect is if hey danced to the song instead of just the background music. Afterall, "Shake it Up" is a 3 minute song with a slow beginning and towards the end while the dance is about one minute long. I can understand the dance moves are intended to repeat itself but would be nice to know when and how the moves matches the lyrics.

Definitely a great buy and a must have for fans of the show. Would be great to see some of these songs in a dance game or Guitar Hero.
on November 17, 2011
My 7 year old boy loves Shake it Up. We got this for his b'day and he loves the instructional dance DVD. I actually TRY to do it with him! The music CD is awesome. I actually don't mind listening to it in the car!
on September 23, 2013
My daughter and her friends love this show - while I can't say that I adore the music, I do appreciate the fact that the lyrics are MUCH better than what is currently on the radio, so I'm happy to have her blasting this CD.
on October 10, 2011
I ordered this cd because one of my granddaughters had it on her personal Christmas "wish list" only to hear from another granddaughter that she really likes the show it comes from and would have put it on her "wish list" but didn't think of it.... so grandma ended up ordering two! I know it will be a favorite for both girls.
on September 13, 2011
I was a little skeptical at first, since I wasn't sure the songs would be one my 9 year would like....she's into Beyonce,Caira etc..... she loved it. All the songs from the show...I'm glad. The instruction video was ok...I thought the stars of the show were the instructors... I was wrong. The dance routine I thought was a little fast...but it was fun. She takes it over her friend's and they practice the routine together.... :)
on January 10, 2013
I didn't notice that this comes with a DVD that teaches the dances from the show. My daughter was thrilled! The teaching method was perfect: step by step, not too fast, and gave her a chance to "get" the moves. Happy kid!