4.0 out of 5 stars Too fun to let my daughters use it.
Published 18 months ago by Steve L

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work great
When you try to cast, frequently the line does not release but seems to be catching up on something inside the reel. We have another pole (the Shakespeare Princess one) that works just fine, so we expected this one would work just as well. Unfortunately, the child this pole is for has to spend a lot of time having the pole worked on to use it.
Published 17 months ago by C Webb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Too fun to let my daughters use it., August 7, 2013
Steve L (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
I originally bought these poles to allow my 4-year-old twin daughters to accompany me fishing. It wasn't long, however, before I discovered the sheer joy of a Disney Fairies Lighted fishing pole. It's diminutive size makes it great for dual-casting, with one pole in each hand. And the light-up action keeps me cackling like a madman, which drives away other fishermen and allows me to fish in peace and quiet.

While my daughters enjoy pretending to fish in the yard with the practice fish, I've taken my fishing to the next level and will not look back.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for fishing, October 10, 2011
jj (Quincy, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
My daughter and I go fishing almost every sunday this rod has held up and it fun for her to use. she loves to use this fishing rod. she likes how it lights up but it has almost the same quality of a larger fishing rod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, June 12, 2014
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
My little one was over the moon when this was opened. And then go spend time with daddy fishing. Little one caught more fish than daddy did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
The reel broke the next day after my daughter was practicing with it under normal use. I could not repair it and looked to return the item under their warranty. Their website indicates a processing fee of around $10.00. That's over half the price of the rod/reel itself on top of the company needing pictures and other verification of the item. The warranty is not worth pursuing for me. Needless to say I will not be buying any more rods like this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted one day., April 21, 2014
Chelle (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
The line kept tangling. Had to cut some of it off. Then the release button quit working and it won't reel the line in. My daughter got this in her Easter basket. It broke the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars kids love them, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
The kids really love these poles. The little fish broke in a day or two but i drilled new holes in it and good to go

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
Outstanding grand daughter loved it. It alot of fun. Glad I read the reviews and got the right one thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice rod and reel for kids, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
I bought this rod for my granddaughter. She can cast really well with this and has caught several small fish already. I've seen similar rods in stores but haven't found one that lights up when casting like this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing quality - broke quickly, November 3, 2013
This review is from: Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)
I ordered this and the Star Wars version - and it broke within a few minutes of the kids trying it out. Very disappointing. The Star Wars one has lasted for an hour or so, but that seems just to be luck rather than an indication of better quality. It's a shame, because the kids like the overall design.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work great, September 8, 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Shakespeare Fairies Lighted Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch)
$21.99 $10.93