Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on August 7, 2013
I originally bought these poles to allow my 4-year-old twin daughters to accompany me fishing. It wasn't long, however, before I discovered the sheer joy of a Disney Fairies Lighted fishing pole. It's diminutive size makes it great for dual-casting, with one pole in each hand. And the light-up action keeps me cackling like a madman, which drives away other fishermen and allows me to fish in peace and quiet.

While my daughters enjoy pretending to fish in the yard with the practice fish, I've taken my fishing to the next level and will not look back.
on October 10, 2011
My daughter and I go fishing almost every sunday this rod has held up and it fun for her to use. she loves to use this fishing rod. she likes how it lights up but it has almost the same quality of a larger fishing rod.
on May 30, 2016
I bought this for my 3 year olds birthday. It was so cute and we were so excited about it. Amazon as usual had it to us on time and it was in great shape. However, the next day we took our daughter fishing and it was bad. The reel only worked a couple times here and there, the other times when we would cast it wouldn't do anything. Overall this pole is definitely cute it's definitely not worth the money.
on August 1, 2015
This is cute and lights up and my 3year old daughter loved it. Unfortunately- somehow I BROKE it. I can't even blame her! It is such a piece of junk- my husband keeps taking it apart to try and fix it but it keeps breaking over and over. I don't think it's even worth dealing with the return but jeez- there must be better options out there!
on May 24, 2015
This pole broke within minutes of having it. I'm disappointed because apparently it's the second time we've had this one. First time my husband bought it at the store and same thing happened. I thought I was buying a different and better one but it turns out it is just the same piece of junk. Save your money.
on March 17, 2014
I bought this rod for my granddaughter. She can cast really well with this and has caught several small fish already. I've seen similar rods in stores but haven't found one that lights up when casting like this one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
My daughter liked the pole, but there were a couple of issues. My son has a similar one in a Spider Man theme, so I know what these are supposed to do. When I tried to tie the little blue fish onto the line for this one the fishing line tore right through the fish and I had to improvise to get the fish tied on. Then the reel would not cast, it kept getting caught up and jamming. It appears it is a defect in the reel itself because the line comes loose for one revolution around the spool then gets hooked on the pin again.

It was kind of frustrating for my daughter who just wanted to "Fish like daddy".
on October 18, 2015
I wanted to take my nieces fishing but they had never even seen a fishing pole. I liked how it came with a weight so they could practice. I was apprehensive buying a kiddy pole as they are notorious for breaking. However this got fairly good reviews. Well it didn't "break" but stopped working smoothly almost immediately. The reel would catch as you cast and stop the line from extending fully. I was ultimately able to teach them how to use it which worked out. But I couldn't take this fishing. Very disappointed.
on October 27, 2015
My daughter LOVES this fishing pole. we go ice fishing and just regular trout fishing and in the summer when we go salmon fishing we just put a bobber at the bottom and she gets to just toss it in and its easy to use!
on June 9, 2014
The reel broke the next day after my daughter was practicing with it under normal use. I could not repair it and looked to return the item under their warranty. Their website indicates a processing fee of around $10.00. That's over half the price of the rod/reel itself on top of the company needing pictures and other verification of the item. The warranty is not worth pursuing for me. Needless to say I will not be buying any more rods like this one.