Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on November 15, 2012
Bought 2 of these one for grandson one for nephew for christmas. Sent both of them back. One didn't have the casting tire plug. The other one was scratched up and light didnt work. Bass pro has them for 12.97. Paid 17.96 for them through amazon. Very poor quality
on September 17, 2012
I bought the Tinkerbell version for my daughter and bought this one for my buddy's son for his 3rd birthday. It was the best of both worlds since it was a great started setup for someone his age plus it was a Cars version!! The one that I bought for my daughter has been used and abused and still works well!! The only thing I do recommend is to replace the cheap line it is strung with!!
on November 2, 2012
At two, my son figured out how to cast the toy wheel at the beach. By the time he was five, he was using the same Shakespeare rod and reel to catch real fish with gramps. We have two of these, one for each little kid. If the reel gets sandy, open it up and rinse it well. These are great and they last. I even put new line on the old one recently.
on August 3, 2013
Yes, I recognize that you get what you pay for and this was cheap - still, it only lasted for about 20 minutes of use. I wanted to buy a cheap combo like this so I could see if my 3 year old son even likes fishing at all before I bought him something substantial - this didn't even last long enough to figure that out.

Don't waste your money...
on September 9, 2013
I liked the rod and reel, my son loves using it! The only complaint I would have is that the metal part to wind the line back into the reel was bent and we had to take it apart and bend it back so you could even use the product.
on February 13, 2012
Bought this for my son's 3rd birthday and it is perfect for his age/size. He loves practicing casting with the tire weight on the end!
on February 5, 2014
Big hit with grandson. Got it for Christmas and he loves it. Can't wait for spring to arrive and try it out.
on September 28, 2014
I bought 3 Cars fishing poles for the kids....and one princess fishing pole..........they didn't last one hour.....unfortunately they were JUNK.....save your money.....I had big plans with the kids using these .....I never thought of the headaches that came with these.....poorly made, terrible quality, It's a waste of money..... and we will have to come up with a plan B, for next years fishing adventure.....on the bright side, I got awesome pictures of the kids on our fishing adventure.....but the last picture I took, was the poles in the garbage can kind of funny, but not $50.00 of funny!!!!!!
on November 18, 2014
Great quality and super cute.
on July 11, 2014
Broke before it was even used