Bought this for my 2 year old. He loves the up part. He can even cast it all by himself. The only thing that I Didn't like was that when you tie the string thru the whole for the fish is goes right thru the entire mouth. We had to tie the string around the fishes tail.
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars piece of junk!
broken and did not work out of the box! what a disappointed 3year old on his birthday!!!! the line was wrapping around inside the reel cover. the light stopped working in 10 minutes. the button to cast would not release the line. BOOOO!!!! would rate this zero stars!
Published on May 30, 2011 by threesport

1.0 out of 5 stars piece of junk!, May 30, 2011
This review is from: Shakespeare Mickey Mouse Lighted Kit Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)

4.0 out of 5 stars The only thing that I Didn't like was that when you tie the string thru the ..., August 10, 2014
Also the first pole we got in didn't Work right. We had a new one that was perfect within the next day! Talk abOut customer service! :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars pieces missing, May 22, 2014
There were pieces missing to it the reel top was not there and no string at all what a disappointment

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun fishing pole, June 14, 2012
I purchased this fishing pole for my three year old and he loves it. It is the perfect size for him, and he loves casting it around the house using the included practice casting plug (it is shaped like a fish). The light up feature works perfectly fine too. It does have a battery in it that can be replaced. I would recommend this pole for any toddler - it is very cute & a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 16, 2014
I believe my nephew his sons.