5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for first time fisher
Bought this for my 5 year old daughter to take her fishing for the first time. She loved it along with the matching tackle box. The rod and reel worked well and was the perfect length for her. I wouldn't use for anything bigger than sunnies though. overall, you cant go wrong with a Shakespeare product.
Published 22 months ago by David Hunt

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile- not worth the money
This started out good in the package but went down hill from the moment we got it out. the practice casting fish was easily split by the fishing line because it was made of very soft plastic. My daughter dropped it once and all the plastic pieces cracked. Waste of money.
Published 6 months ago by EmmaandAidensMom

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for first time fisher, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Shakespeare Princess Lighted Kit Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile- not worth the money, January 21, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for a child, January 5, 2013
My 4 year old granddaughter was the recipient of this, and of course the light-up reel was a big hit with her. I'm not sure if we'll actually be able to use it as a real fishing pole, but she is having fun with it already. It is cute, reasonably priced, and with the princesses on it, always a big plus for a little girl.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed little Girl!, May 13, 2014
I got this for my daughter and she loved it but when we took it fishing the pole broke withing an hour of using it!! I understand that this style of fishing pole isn't the best but I thought it should of at least lasted longer then an hour! I have one very disappointed little girl.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, January 13, 2014
Bought this for a gift and they loved it. Being used to fish with family and friends. She loved the light up action as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Love it, July 7, 2014
Works great, kids love it... very happy.

On a side note, as someone who is a very experience fisherman... you get tangles and whatnot just like any other pool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the sturdiest but really works!, June 17, 2014
I bought this for my husband for Father's Day to take our little girl fishing. It really works! She caught several fish. She's 4 1/2 but was able to actually use the pole herself after some practice. But, she beat it up pretty good after one day. I don't know that there's much you can do about that-it's sort of the age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, February 18, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my daughter and she loved it! This fishing pole and rod are extremely easy to use and is a fun little toy that she can even play around with in the house. I'm glad that I got it! Very happy with this purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars The idea is great but the product is not, January 7, 2014
I bought this for my duaghter as part of her "Santa" gifts for Christmas. She was excited to get it. As I began trying to unreel some of the line the line became grossly entangled to the point of the reel getting locked up. I then tried cutting the tangle and starting over but the line would budge. It's cute for looks but is horrible for function. Save your money buy a real rod n reel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, December 2, 2013
She was very excited that it was princess, however, the fish that is attached kept falling off. It served it's purpose for the fishing trip but I don't imagine it will last much longer than that.

Shakespeare Princess Lighted Kit Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch)
$21.99 $14.99