5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for first time fisher
Bought this for my 5 year old daughter to take her fishing for the first time. She loved it along with the matching tackle box. The rod and reel worked well and was the perfect length for her. I wouldn't use for anything bigger than sunnies though. overall, you cant go wrong with a Shakespeare product.
Published on September 16, 2012 by David Hunt

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile- not worth the money
This started out good in the package but went down hill from the moment we got it out. the practice casting fish was easily split by the fishing line because it was made of very soft plastic. My daughter dropped it once and all the plastic pieces cracked. Waste of money.
Published 12 months ago by EmmaandAidensMom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile- not worth the money, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Shakespeare Princess Lighted Kit Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch) (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for first time fisher, September 16, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for a child, January 5, 2013
My 4 year old granddaughter was the recipient of this, and of course the light-up reel was a big hit with her. I'm not sure if we'll actually be able to use it as a real fishing pole, but she is having fun with it already. It is cute, reasonably priced, and with the princesses on it, always a big plus for a little girl.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed little Girl!, May 13, 2014
I got this for my daughter and she loved it but when we took it fishing the pole broke withing an hour of using it!! I understand that this style of fishing pole isn't the best but I thought it should of at least lasted longer then an hour! I have one very disappointed little girl.

1.0 out of 5 stars The idea is great but the product is not, January 7, 2014
I bought this for my duaghter as part of her "Santa" gifts for Christmas. She was excited to get it. As I began trying to unreel some of the line the line became grossly entangled to the point of the reel getting locked up. I then tried cutting the tangle and starting over but the line would budge. It's cute for looks but is horrible for function. Save your money buy a real rod n reel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, January 13, 2014
Bought this for a gift and they loved it. Being used to fish with family and friends. She loved the light up action as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money ! ! !, October 1, 2014
Bonnie (Baldwinsville, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this one and 3 cars fishing poles for the kids, they didn't last 1 hour....it was a nightmare.....they're junk. The line knotted up, the spool didn't reel in or cast out....it just didn't work...they may work to pretend to fish...as a toy... I thought they would be fun for the kids to actually fish with them, and catch real fish.....I was wrong.....I did get awesome pictures of the kids....but the last picture was all 4 poles in the garbage can!!!! It was funny, but not almost 50.00 of funny!!! Next year, I'll get regular fishing poles and we'll try again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter Rod for Toddlers, September 8, 2014
I picked up this rod for my 3 1/2 year old daughter and she loves it. Casting all over the place with the practice fish. The tough part with the fish is that given her age she will sometimes get it stuck and just keep pulling, which will eventually break the fish, but you can easily make another spot. Perfect for those dockside casts and once she gets used to the process we'll use a real hook. If for some reason it binds up, you can easily take it apart like a regular rod and you're back in action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Love it, July 7, 2014
Works great, kids love it... very happy.

On a side note, as someone who is a very experience fisherman... you get tangles and whatnot just like any other pool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, February 18, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my daughter and she loved it! This fishing pole and rod are extremely easy to use and is a fun little toy that she can even play around with in the house. I'm glad that I got it! Very happy with this purchase!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Shakespeare Princess Lighted Kit Combo (2-Feet 6-Inch)
$21.99 $17.70