4.0 out of 5 stars Kid's Toy & Fishing pole
I bought this fishing pole for my 2 year old son to use. Really just wanted to find a way to keep him from messing with mine...

I bought this pole for very little money - but it works!

Published on November 29, 2012 by William A. Smyly

3.0 out of 5 stars All tangled up.
My 4y/o loves fishing and this rod should have been an easy win. Right out of the package it didn't cast smoothly and I had to break it down to get it working. It also gets tangled pretty easily, which makes it less fun to use or play with. It's about what I expected for the price, and I'm glad we got it.
Published 12 months ago by David J. Desy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid's Toy & Fishing pole, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Shakespeare Star Wars Spincast Youth Combo 2'6'' - 1pc - M (Sports)

I bought this pole for very little money - but it works!

The only thing that makes the fishing pole a "star wars" pole is 2 stickers. They are stickers, not decals. Decals blend with the product and look like it was designed to go there. A sticker has hard edges and looks like a child placed it there. That is why I say these are stickers not decals... This is really the only problem with this pole (not that that is really a problem)

The cardboard packaging has stars wars printed all over it - so the presentation of this rod does the job of exciting a small child.

This comes with a plastic fish (casting plug) to use for practice. My son is still too young to be coordinated enough to cast a fishing pole, but he loved reeling in the toy fish. This can actually provide plenty of hours of play.

I also bought the Shakespeare Hide-A-Hook Bobber Kit to go with this and rigged it up and we sat out on the dock and fished this afternoon.

This fishing pole performed as well as I expected for an inexpensive fishing pole. Works great, but I'm not expecting it to last for several years. If I can get a few fishing trips in with my son, land a few fish and spend a little time trying to teach him how to cast in the yard then I will consider it money well spent.

Disclaimer: If you go fishing with a 2 year old, be ready to grab the pole in the event they happen to get a fish on the line.... My son dropped the pole into the lake... Luckily it was only a few feet deep and I was able to reach down into the cold water and grab it. The bream on the end of the line was still hooked and very tired by the time I got the pole back up on the dock. My son had the time of his life reeling it in.

If you need a cheap rod to use as a toy or a child's actual fishing rod, this shakespeare does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, May 7, 2012
Bought this for my 7 year old grandson. We have been fishing with it several times and he has not broken it. Can't ask for more then that!

3.0 out of 5 stars All tangled up., January 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought three this summer, September 8, 2013
My daughter caught a really good sized small mouth bass on this rod... held up great and landed that sucker. Younger kids loved the plastic practice casting fish. Good deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and broken, July 15, 2013
Burcrim (Danville, CA) - See all my reviews
Bought this rod for my 4yr son as several kids were planning on fishing during a camping trip. Guess I should of tested it before we left as it was broken and didn't work at all. Luckily the other kids let him share their's. This one is being sent back for a refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars My kids love them, and both 5 y, July 27, 2014
Oksana Andreeva-Ehle (Great Falls, VA United States) - See all my reviews
These Spincasts are okay for the purpose. My kids love them, and both 5 y.o. and 2 y.o. have had fun fishing (supervised). 5 year old can cast it fine by himself. He has caught several fish with it, then it broke. We got him a new one. Check out prices on these here, or in Target/other stores, for possibly cheaper options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great child fishing pole, June 20, 2014
It withstood my 4 1/2 year old grandson casting for hours and hours over a long weekend. He didn't catch anything went we later went to the lake but it kept him occupied. He was excited about fishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Grands had similar previously and liked them. Hoped the new ones would work as ..., August 4, 2014
Grands had similar previously and liked them. Hoped the new ones would work as well and they do. Cast like a charm. Would recommend in a heatbeat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you need for little amateur fisherman, November 20, 2014
R. Eddy (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
For the price: A+. They get a little jammed up of course, but for a few trips to the pond w/ little guys, you can't beat 'em

5.0 out of 5 stars kid fishing pole... not toomuch to it ..., August 27, 2014
kid fishing pole...not toomuch to it. They do what they should and they are star wars so its a win!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›