Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 7, 2012
This was the third in a series. The first two were excellent, this one was disappointing. I'm not exactly sure why - it seemed as if the author completely changed his style from good storytelling to thriller-style writing. It didn't work for me.
on December 9, 2013
I think this is one of the finest blend of drama,romance and action. A story so compelling that it is guaranteed to lift your spirits on the worst of your day. Archer's ability to stay meticulous till the last page and his unparalleled capacity to go into the depths of human psyche makes 'Shall We Tell The President' a book for all seasons.
on August 29, 2013
Jeffrey Archer has been very consistant in his story telling. His actors in each story are well defined. His story lines are well constructed and easy to follow. This is his fifth book that I have read and am looking forward to reading more of his Clifton Chronicles.
on December 13, 2014
Good background on the gun control issue and good character development. Jeffrey Archer, a favorite, has shown once again his ability to draw the reader in, plant clues and then bring tit all together nicely.
on September 6, 2012
Predictable. Nothing earth shattering. Bland character development. I'm usually reading Scandanavian murder mysteries now and I'm spoiled, this was just a mystery, versus having the depth that I'm finding in the Norweigian, Swedish and Icelandic mysteries that I've found.
on August 30, 2015
They say most criminals are caught because of one, decisive mistake. With that in mind, I wonder how many assassination plots are discussed in clear and certain terms casually over lunch within earshot of the wait staff and other patrons. Not many? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Also, considering the entire purpose of the rubout was to stall a bill on gun control (one which specifically limits criminal access to firearms), was having a criminal use an illegal firearm on the POTUS really the best strategy? Something tells me that would only hasten such a bill. Aye yai yai.

For what it's worth, the pacing is pretty good and Archer at least keeps you engaged to the end. But that hardly makes up for the nonsensical plot.
on May 9, 2016
This was probably the weakest of the three books. It led you to believe it was going to be about Florentyna Rosnovski; however, that wasn't it at all. The plot was about the FBI investigation into the potential killing of the President. It was a good solid read; however, it wasn't quite what I'm used to when I read Jeffrey Archer.
on January 31, 2013
Jeffrey Archer is always good - I would recommend any and all of his books.....great plots, interesting dialog, good research of subject and well written. Although this book was written a few years ago it is a valid description of the world situation as it is today.
on January 2, 2010
Jeffrey Archer published this title in the late 1970's, and it concerned a plot to kill then-President Ted Kennedy. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis quit her job at Viking over publication of this book. How is this 2008 version different from the original? It appears as if Archer has re-written the book, using the same title, with different characters. Can anyone opine on whether this is the case?
on April 9, 2016
Just finished this book. I have read the Clifton Chronicles and I think Jeffery Archer is one of the best authors I have read in a long time. Shall we tell the President was a cliff hanger from the first page. He has such a talent for keeping the reader engrossed from beginning to end. Loved the book.