5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!
I love this book. The show is great and so I bought the book thinking it's got to be just as good... I am very happy with the purchase and anyone can find wisdom and advice in each of the scenarios he lays out in the book.

This is a must read!
Published on April 4, 2007 by Erin Caldwell

3.0 out of 5 stars Shalom in the Home
It was an OK book but I did not think it would be a total recall of the show. My fault! I would like to read another of his books.
Published on October 4, 2007 by Kenneth R. Shipp

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, April 4, 2007
Erin Caldwell (Toledo, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shalom in the Home: Smart Advice for a Peaceful Life (Paperback)

This is a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Words of wisdom, July 2, 2007
I just finished the book Shalom in the home, after watching the shows on TV. I loved the book, which intensified the stories. I don't even have kids, but it showed a lot of the interactions of families and relationships, everybody can learn from. I find Rabbi Shmuley's way of addressing things refreshing, honest and outspoken - especially for a man of religion. His passion for people and families as well as his enthusiasm are inspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Parenting Book, August 10, 2007
Shalom in the Home is one of the best parenting books out there. And I've read a lot of them. Rabbi Shmuley uses examples from his TLC tv show and then adds information on what they or you should do. In every example, I found myself taking certain truths away that could help me with my kids. Also, the ideas are very easy to implement and work! Shalom in the Home should be a must read for every parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like the show, you'll love the book., June 23, 2007
About a year ago my wife and I were traveling through St. Louis where we stopped over night at a hotel. (((I refuse to have cable TV in our home, cause it is such a waste of time and full of idealogy that I do not want taught in my home. If you can control what your family watches 24/7, my hats off to you. Not having it is the only way I can.))) yeah, that was probably too much info, but as I was saying, it was while watching TLC that I was first introduced to rabbi Shmuley. My first reaction was, "this guy is a jerk!" But by the end of the show he became a man after my own heart! I told my wife, "If I could, I'd watch that over and over. We need to get all his DVD's." Which are, sadly, over priced. Save some money and buy the book. Far more insightful. TLC edits the program, but the book is all Rabbi Shmuley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, January 2, 2012
I really enjoyed how this book was laid out. You could pretty much pick up anywhere you wanted to. It was a great way to get insight to 10 different families/situations and I think it's pretty helpful with pretty much any kind of relationship you may have (with your spouse, your kids, your neighbors). If you enjoyed the show, you'll enjoy the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Shalom in the home, January 15, 2008
I like shalom in the home. I also have another book by this author called facing your fears. I am glad they are available

5.0 out of 5 stars I was looking for Shalom, December 6, 2009
Mommy of 2 (Patchogue, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
I loved this book! I am a new mother and want only the best for my child, however, coming from a broken home I am deathly afraid of making mistakes with my little guy. There were so many lessons in here that I really could relate to and needed to examine in my own marriage. Now I am working at changing the things in my life that I see could harm my son, especially since I didn't realize they would be damaging before reading this book. I loved the show as well and it gives you a behind the scenes look into the families that were featured.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad this book is in my home, October 25, 2011
S. F. Semeniuk (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
His practical and useful advice and comments are down to earth and very interesting. A Great Read. I can use his words in my daily life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best self-help boo kI've ever read, February 29, 2008
I can't say enough about this book-- I accidentally came upon Shmuley while watching a television show in which he was ranting about parenting and I thought he was absoutely hilarious and thus checked him out.

I don't even have kids and I found so many places in his examples where I could identify with the parenting styles. More importantly, the root of every "parenting" issue is the relationship with the parents, the hands-down cause of all problems in the home.

He illustrates his stories with commmon-sense hilarity that is easy to follow. I want to get this book for everyone I know. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shalom in the Home, August 30, 2008
Loved the TV series so I got the book. It was good but read like the show.

Shalom in the Home: Smart Advice for a Peaceful Life
Shalom in the Home: Smart Advice for a Peaceful Life by Shmuel Boteach (Paperback - March 6, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.01