5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFULLY FACILITATES THE JOURNEY PROCESS
Published on August 2, 2001 by Nancy S. Watters

2.0 out of 5 stars Shamanic
The music at first is great, but after a while becomes monotonist and wish to have more twists to it.
Published 4 months ago by Renee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFULLY FACILITATES THE JOURNEY PROCESS, August 2, 2001
Nancy S. Watters (New Castle, NH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
This CD is incredible! One of the barriers to journeying when alone is achieving the state of altered consciousness without the rapid insistant beat of the drum provided by others in a group or drumming circle. The whistling and rattling at the beginning calls in the directions, spirits and power animals and while a basic part of the ritual, it has rarely, if ever, been integrated into a tape or CD. I am also greatly impressed with the sensitivity to individual journey process in the construction of the "call back" which allows the person journeying to experience the ritual call back when finished with their journey and not have to wait until the end of the CD. I have been a Shamanic practioner for 5 years and have been waiting that long for a CD like this. It will become an instant classic and a necessity to those of us on this spiritual quest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, June 15, 2004
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
First I must say that if you are looking for entertaining music or drumming, look elsewhere; that's not the purpose of this CD. Additionally, listening to a shamanic drumming CD does not make an instant shaman out of anyone; if you are expecting this CD to transform your abilities, you are mistaken. Drumming is intended to promote trance induction, but it won't do you much good if you don't put yourself in the right mindset to trance or know what to do once you begin to trance.
That being said, this is a good shamanic drumming CD for people who already do trance work or who are exploring it for the first time under the preparation and/or guidance of someone who knows what they are doing. The drumming is a good speed and lasts long enough for a good trance session, and rattles accompany the drumming appropriately. Callback is also effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Drumming CD Yet, October 31, 2001
Beverly J. Trainor (St. Simons, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
Having owned all of the drumming CD's available to date, this CD is clearly the best. The clarity of the sound, and the care with which it was recorded makes this CD the best on the market. Buy it and enjoy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drumming music for Shamanic Journeying, June 24, 2006
Walter Cooke (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
This is the best CD I have found so far for doing shamanic journeying to recorded drumming. There are just 3 tracks - inviting the spirits, the journey drumming, and a call back at the end. I loaded it onto my iPod and it works very well for me.

I found the sound quality to be excellent, crisp and clear, and the energy in the sound to be amazing. It really "does the job" and provides the horse to ride for the journey. A friend of mine had an incredible first journey just from using this recording. I also use it as a background when I am doing my own drumming, to assist and provide me with a "backup group."

Note: this is not a "musical" CD, and not just for listening to!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for the purpose!, October 22, 2001
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
This CD is exactly what it purports to be -- an aid to a shamanic trance journey, and it does the job beautifully. I even recommended it to a friend who has hard time relaxing before sleep and is in no way a shaman.
Great aid for journeys to the world of spirits!

5.0 out of 5 stars You Got To Have This One!, February 20, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
If your new to Shamanic Journeying or if you have some experience with it, you will find this CD is what you are looking for!
The CD has a Great Intro track to begin your journeying and a approx 1 hour long drumming section that is set to the proper rate of 150 bpm to induce Alpha and Beta States.
The CD is very relaxing and of course has a call back track at the end to help you return from your journey.
Now having said this, if you are a sensative, and do not believe you need a drumming CD to journey as I did...try it! You will be surprised as I was.I now us it on a regular bases to help provide me with a higher more dynamic journeying experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective and useful companion, November 5, 2007
Maulbeere (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
I've been using this CD for a couple of years to accompany my solitary journeys. I have several other styles of meditation music and tend to mix and match as I feel Spirit guiding me, but this gets the most use: if I had to choose only one to keep, this is it.

Compared to journeys or meditations done in silence, the drumming makes a big difference in the focus and clarity of my perceptions. I can travel deeper more easily, and if my mind starts to 'go monkey' :) , the drums catch me and help me get back on track before I've really lost the thread at all.

Not all my journeys last a hour, but it's normal for me to retrace and surface without waiting for or switching to the callback signal (if I'm awake enough to change tracks I'm already back). The track is long enough not to cut you off just as it gets interesting, but calls you back to daily life gently and in good time in case you should forget.

Since I've recently been honored to join a journeying circle, I've been able to compare with a group experience. The depth and clarity with the aid of the group's energy is another order of magnitude stronger. However, I have become accustomed to having free reign over when to return - not always practical in a group.

I thank the spirit in the drum for lending it's gifts to us. I thank the musician for sharing his skills. Ah-ho (thank you). :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars So this is Shamanic Drumming ..., July 10, 2006
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
This is an interesting review to write - this CD does exactly what it says on the title, which is to induce a deep trance by the use of a single rhythm drum pattern, for shamanic journeys.

However, if you are looking for interesting ethnic drum beats or examples of native American drums, you won't find them here, because the entire CD, apart from two tracks at the beginning and the end which are each less than 2 minute in length, is one single drum pattern of four beats per second which repeats for nearly an hour.

If you want a shamanic trance, this product will deliver; but don't buy this if you want to be entertained!

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, September 5, 2001
M. Schutz (Sauk Rapids, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
This cd didn't exactly shock me into being amazed at it's greatness; however, it isn't a bad cd and it does the trick for entering into trance.
it would be nice if you could set it for different length journeys though.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE, July 1, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages (Audio CD)
For anyone who journeys. Do not go into this without some guidance. There is a right and a wrong way to journey, read and learn before trying it, but then use this cd.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages
Shamanic Journey Drumming: Spirit Passages by Evelyn Rysdyk & C. Allie Knowlton (Audio CD)
Rate and Discover Movies