Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
• Provides a crosscultural and biological perspective on the nature of shamanism
• Develops biological models to explain shamanic universals
• Presents an evolutionary model of shamanic practices
• Provides a general foundation for understanding the biological bases of religion and illustrates why shamanism is central to explaining humanity's religious impulses
• Written by an internationally recognized scholar on shamanism
• Illustrates evidence of ancient shamanic practices
• A bibliography provides current and historical sources on shamanism
"Highly recommended. Lower-division undergraduates through faculty."-