Customer Discussions > Lady Gaga forum

Shame should be what you feel

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2011 3:32:09 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 5:16:29 PM PST
Leah Leah says:
Lady Gaga, I want to support your book because I love you, but I cannot support Terry Richardson. He abuses his professional power over women and is a known sexual predator in the industry. Too bad I cannot buy your book. http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/03/more_of_terry_richardsons_form.html

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 12:55:15 PM PST
Christina says:
oh shut the f up

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 3:47:13 PM PST
I read this and here's the thing. I get really tired of people treating women (and 18/19 is a grown woman) like they don't have a brain in their heads and don't know when they are being used/exploited. Young women these days are more sophisticated and have access to more info than ever in history especially due to the internet. How much longer can we play that "oh I didn't know" routine? To me it's simple. It's about what you value. If you value a cover shoot, job, relationship or whatever more than you value your dignity then you'll do whatever it takes to get it. Some young women (and men) make that choice. It's seemingly worth it to them. But I think back to when I was that age. My values wouldn't have allowed me to "just go along" for the sake of a job. It's like a young woman accepting an invitation to a celebrity's hotel room at 11 p.m. Girl, he doesn't want to talk!! And then the rape allegation is leveled. Now I'm not condoning rape by any means, but we've got to be smarter and not just blame men for being pervy. Hello? Most men are pervy. (I know that's a broad, sweeping generalization and I apologize if you're a man and not but I'm trying to make a point.) Seriously it's time for us to stop blaming men. I don't know that Anna Wintour owes them anything special. Would we be asking the same if Wintour were a man? Not trying to get you to buy a book. I could care less. He has a particular "style" and if you're not `down' for what happens then don't go to one of his shoots.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 9:34:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2011 9:36:13 PM PST
JustAFilmGuy says:
Ms. Wintour absolutely owes her models a lot more than to be sent to an overrated photographer who may drop his pants and waggle his willy in the middle of a shoot. ...especially when some of those models are under 18.

Sadly, it may require a lawsuit or two to help Anna better understand her responsibilities.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 11:09:17 PM PDT
T. Boswell says:
Are you serious right now, well if she's bordering mental illness for what she does (Which is step in where people like you don't) well then I guess I'm bordering mental illness to, you clearly have no idea what it's like to be a little monster she impacts peoples lives everyday like you wouldn't believe she has even impacted younger kids and that's what we need to show little kids that it's ok to be what ever you want without limitations, and without worrying about who's judging you, you need to do more research before you go slamming people.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Lady Gaga forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga by Lady Gaga (Hardcover - November 22, 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (182)