5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first!
I've recently decided that Shameless is the best show on television currently. It's the kind of series that's so fast-moving, so well acted and written, that you can watch it over and over again and notice new quirks each time. Some people would probably call the show's lack of shame tasteless. To me, it's exciting. You truly don't know what's going to happen next...
Published on April 27, 2012 by ElectricMelody

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid
I thought I was buying this new but the cover had minimal damage around the corners. Pretty good product, however.
Published 7 months ago by Essence Neely

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first!, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Shameless: Season 2 (DVD)
I've recently decided that Shameless is the best show on television currently. It's the kind of series that's so fast-moving, so well acted and written, that you can watch it over and over again and notice new quirks each time. Some people would probably call the show's lack of shame tasteless. To me, it's exciting. You truly don't know what's going to happen next!

The second season started out a little slow, but once Frank's mother ("Grammy") shows up, things really kick into gear. Played with utter relish by the great Louise Fletcher, Grammy's a force of nature. And let's just say, her character arc ends in quite a... shocking way.

Season Two also sees the return of Chloe Webb as Monica Gallagher, Frank's estranged wife and altogether crazy, sad character. Her episodes are such a great, gritty depiction of mental illness. I'm always amazed with how this show manages to be both fall out of your seat funny and completely heartbreaking... sometimes at the same time.

As with the first season, the ensemble cast is extraordinary, led by William H Macy and Emmy Rossum (where is the awards show love for these two? Especially Rossum!). Joan Cusack continues to steal every single scene she's in, and has a few really, really funny ones towards the middle of the season. And finally, the kids manage to be totally unaffected and charming. You really feel like you're a part of this crazy, dysfunctional family -- for better or worse!

In short, if you haven't seen this series, go buy the first season on DVD and get this one as soon as it's released. You will be completely addicted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally GREAT, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Shameless: Season 2 (DVD)
I can't wait until season two comes out on DVD. Shameless is totally different and fantastically written, directed and the actors superbly cast. If it continues with this great ensemble, it will last season after season for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new show on T.V.! I love the Gallaghers!, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Shameless: Season 2 (DVD)
Probably one of the best shows on TV. All the actors are great, even the kids, and we can all easily connect with their characters. It's almost impossible not to like this show. I also love the comedy resulted by all those hard situations they have to go through.

Shameless is one of the best shows to come along in a long time. Sometimes the depictions of life on America's edge are so real I can barely watch. While veteran character actors like Wm Macy and Joan Cusack deliver every week, the children in this show are phenomenal. Some of the best acting from young people I have ever seen. Lip breaks my heart - a brilliant kid with no blueprint for success. Karen and Fiona are two sides of the same coin - achingly vulnerable one minute and steel backbone the next. I have been Fiona at times in my life (as a single mother in poverty) the actress hits so many nuanced notes - brilliant. whoever writes this knows the alcoholic dance intimately and is fearless. Thank you to all involved in this amazing show. I cannot wait for next January!

This show is very well written and the actors fit their characters extremely well. this show is a real down and dirty type of show that has real life situations and puts it into a show. this is my favorite show that is a mixture of drama and comedy at some parts. although this family may by dysfunctional, there are times of real unity which makes the show even better.

Please let me know if my review has helped you in your inquiry or purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shameless S-2; A Mirror of My Family, November 23, 2012
This is a terrific series. I grew up with a couple alcoholic parents that delved into some mild drugging and I see a great deal of my childhood as well as my own adult life in so much of Shameless. I'm not saying my family's lives were as hilariously funny as Frank's whole crew but I'm sure they could get some good material from me. I'd feared this series would be taken as too farsical and dispensed with after the first season. Usually when I like a series really well it disappears. William Macy has done a terrific job of depicting a deplorable, filthy, alcoholic with absolutely no morals. My hat is off to the rest of the cast. It is impressive the child actors can bring across such convincing roles portraying the lives of a dysfunctional family so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show! Fun to watch!, October 25, 2012
I love love love this show! The characters are so well written play out great. Nothing clean about this humor though folks, so if you are looking for a show to watch with the family, try something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so embarrassing, but I laugh out loud with this series, April 19, 2013
Sandy "WR Gma" (Wood River, IL United States) - See all my reviews
When I saw the pilot, I thought it would be a dud, but a few episodes and I was hooked. It sounds like an impossible theme to make laughs out of a weirdly functional dysfunctional family, but it works. William H. Macy is incredible as the manipulative, drunk, drugged birth father (it would so so inaccurate to call him the father given his history and behavior). I can hardly wait for season 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Shameless, April 4, 2013
Love this show but didnt start watching till season 3 ordered season one and two digital to kindle fire works great looks great love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Shameless is shameless, December 10, 2012
Love it, series is amazing and can not wait for season 3. One two three four five six seven eight

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best series out right now, September 19, 2013
Shameless is one of the best series out right now. I'm so surprised more people aren't talking about it. It's the perfect dramedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 15, 2013
William H. Macy is amazing. This is the best role of his entire career! I definitely, absolutely recommend this show!

Shameless: Season 2
Shameless: Season 2 by Paul Abbott (DVD - 2012)
$39.98 $17.49