Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 21, 2013
This was a required text for a class I am taking on fieldwork, so I didn't even bother to read the description when I bought it. When I saw it was in comic form I didn't have high expectations. I know that comics are used as an informational medium in other parts of the world, but this kind of literature in English is still rare. Even as someone who reads comics, I had this bias. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this volume. It defined ethnography and gave a brief historical background of it. The description of how to conduct ethnography was a little vague, but it was cute and funny. I didn't learn much more than I already knew about ethnography, but it was an entertaining and intelligent review of the topic.
on February 23, 2014
This graphic novel provided accurate methods for doing research as well as the theories that help guide those methods in a manner that is applied by Shane in a comical and amusing way.

-Easy to read
-Remember more from this book than from my Theories of Anthropology and Research Methods class combined
on November 5, 2014
As another reviewer mentioned, the book has a duplicate page (page 64 and 65 are the same), and there is clearly a page missing. It seems to go against principle for an academic book to continue being sold with such a noticeable defect. Other than the missing page the book is entertaining and informative, if a bit unstructured.
on February 12, 2012
This book is a fun way of reviewing what steps are necessary to complete a successful ethnographic study. As another person mentioned, my copy of the book ALSO printed page 64 two times, which is strange. Other than that, I really recommend this parsimonious and enjoyable book!
on March 4, 2012
absolutely love this book! A humorous, fun yet substantive introduction to ethnographic methods. I required it for my qualitative methods course and it was much appreciated.
on December 18, 2014
Used this for a college presentation. This was a great book to learn the basics of ethnography.
on June 7, 2016
Boring, and bad drawings, and the script is so difficult to read it gave me a headache.
on February 28, 2015
Needed for class, seems a little lacking for a college course!
on December 21, 2015
Excellent intro - fun and entertaining way to get the basics
on October 5, 2010
I thought it was a great book, but there is a misprint where a page is printed twice and a "mystery" page is left out. I even called the publisher and they told me it was Amazon's problem because I bought the book from them. I even had a friend of mine purchase the same book from Amazon and the same misprint occurred. I think the author has a great idea here, but perhaps should consider switching publishers.