Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on April 5, 2005
I have a daughter and son, both adopted from China. I loved the story and the illustrations of this book. I'm very glad I bought it. But because my children are still both 3, I think they're too young for this book, so I'm going to tuck it away for later. The one thing that will keep me from sharing it with them anytime soon is the part of the story where the person finds the baby in the basket and then the baby is in the orphanage. Otherwise, I know my daughter would LOVE to have this book now.

I know the age range says 4-8, so for sure my kids are not ready for this yet, and I knew that. My kids have not begun to ask questions about their adoptions just yet. I know that at some point they'll learn about how they were found. But I don't know what age they'll be able to process the idea that they were abandoned. As young as 4? I think that the parents need to decide that before they open the book to their kids. This is probably a better book for kids who already know about their adoption story.

I think that if this book were introduced at the right time, it would be a great addition to their library as well as a good tool to continue to talk about their adoption.
on January 15, 2010
God has truly blessed the Chapmans. They can sing, draw, write and so much more. Shaoey and Dot is a fun book that looks at a very serious topic. As the father of two beautiful girls adopted from China, it is extremely important to me that more books like this are written. A short letter from the Chapmans is at the start of this book. Readers are told about the adoption of the Chapmans' first two girls and are given a few Bible verses that express the proper understanding of adoption. As far as the story is concerned, Dot is a ladybug who befriends a baby girl, Shaoey (SHOW-ee), who was left on a pathway near a Chinese village. Dot and Shaoey eventually find themselves on an airplane halfway across the world with Shaoey's forever family. My only knock against the book is that it can be seen as ending somewhat abruptly. I highly recommend checking out the Chapmans' adoption organization called Show Hope.
on September 26, 2012
Was in good condition. Bent corner. Took a while to come. Great book for parents adopting from Asia. Came with a cd of the book being read.