4.0 out of 5 stars What's come over her
While still a very good album, I was a little dissapointed that the whimsical care free sound of "Marvin" had been hardened a bit. Ok, alot.
Published on April 23, 1999 by cloud13579@aol.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Trying too hard...
...It seems as if Frente! thought that they may not have been taken seriously enough after their charming but breezy Marvin the Album, so they needed to make a point here.
Published on September 25, 2001 by Tom

4.0 out of 5 stars What's come over her, April 23, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Great progression, June 21, 1999
This review is from: Shape (Audio CD)
"Marvin" was a great album, but so is "Shape." Angie gets more involved with the song-writing process, and I think it shows (in a very good way). The sound is still all Frente, but it's a slightly different treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some hits for the future, June 16, 2002
This review is from: Shape (Audio CD)
I share with most of the other reviewers the feeling that "Shape" is a great album. "Goodbye goodguy" and "Sit on my hands" are great songs. However, I would like to stress that "Shape" includes some pure pop gems (read "pop" as a praise, not as a criticism), that some future movie or radio show will be able to transform into #1 hits. Before this happens, listen to "Burning girl", "The destroyer", "So mad" and above them all, to "Jungle". Perhaps you are the future director of the moviethat will lead this underrated album to its deserved place!

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic taste of some great aussie talents, May 26, 1998
Belynda Jane Turner (Adelaide, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape (Audio CD)
Frente is one of australias best bands. They have been on the scene for quite a while. The sound of Angies angelic voices always sends shivers up my spine. The fresh tunes and snappy lyrics are a credit to this fine group of musicians. 'Good bye good guy', and 'Sit on my hands' are two of my favs, with all the others in no particular order following closely behind. I'm hanging out for their next cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars different is good, August 7, 2001
Suen L. Chan (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape (Audio CD)
gone away from the acoustic guitars and mathematical lyrics, but is still frente. a different sound but quite refreshing. check out angie's new band 'Splendid'

3.0 out of 5 stars Trying too hard..., September 25, 2001
Tom (Palatine, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape (Audio CD)
The seemingly obvious result of this need to be serious is the dirge-like opening cut, "Sit on my Hands." "Sit on my Hands" is a dark and plodding tome that robs the listener of any of the cheery expecations they might have had going in.
The album brightens up considerably later, but never hits the same easy stride that Marvin did.
Perhaps this is a classic sophomore slump, but it is also possible that Marvin was just a lucky of convergence of wit and whimsy that is unlikely to be repeated.

5.0 out of 5 stars No, U Sit On My Hand, June 3, 2005
Saad "Nothing" (Shah Alam, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape (Audio CD)
This one is cute.It'll grown on u. When I drive, I listen to this.Whats come over me?

Shape
Shape by Frente! (Audio CD - 1996)