4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well . . . if you know how to use it.
Published 10 months ago by DE Kleber

1.0 out of 5 stars OVERHEATS, WEAK SUCTION, LOUD AS ALL GET OUT
Published on November 23, 2011 by Johnny Ignatius

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars OVERHEATS, WEAK SUCTION, LOUD AS ALL GET OUT, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
This is a monstrosity. The suction is weak and it overheats after five minutes of use. Trying to empty the canister is a pain. the decibel level is ungodly despite it's soft-suck performance. Little pieces of cookie crumbs feel safe and secure on my floor when this blue basterd approaches. For they know, their minuscule weight is still too heavy for the mighty Shark: The Pride of Wal-Mart. Mine didn't even come with the crevice tool even though it said it was included on the box. The vacuum itself is heavy and the detachable hose is about one foot long. It feels like I am trying to vacuum the stairs with a baby elephant or a well endowed midget. Garbage, garbage, garbage! I rue the day I bought this piece of junk! God save us all!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot get basic parts like a belt, July 6, 2011
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
The beater bar clogs up with dirt and hair as any vacuum will. However, you have to take screws out to remove the bar and clean it. Had something jam in the belt and eventually burned up the belt after only about 2 months of use.

You can't buy this belt anywhere, except by calling customer support on the phone. Took the first one back to the store sans belt and got a new one. I guess I have to keep doing this until they start carrying the belts somewhere you can get them.

Sorry shark, you dropped the ball on this one big time. CS stated that they don't sell enough of the parts to stock them in stores. However, these things are flying off the shelves. But they are going to loose their market if they don't carry parts.

Next time make sure you can get parts before you buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well . . . if you know how to use it., October 29, 2013
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
We bought the Shark Handheld Vacuum for my daughter's dorm room. The belt broke, so I brought it home to fix it. Lousy customer support, but I found that a replacement belt for a handheld Dustbuster is exactly the same size. So don't buy an overpriced belt from the manufacturer. Just buy a Dustbuster belt of Amazon or from vacbelts.com. To replace the belt, you don't need to take apart the whole vacuum housing, although it may look like it. Just unsnap the cover that slides over the beater brush when the hose is in use. Under the cover on one of the ends, you will find a screw. Unscrew that one, as well as the screw that holds the adjaent wheel on. Then you will be able to loop the belt over the beater brush. Put it all back together and then loop the other end of the belt over the shaft from the motor (which is underneath the gray cover with the "Shark" name imprinted on it. Before you snap the gray cover back on, test the belt to make sure the beater bar is rotating in the proper direction. If not, remove the belt from the motor shaft and give it a half twist in the other direction.

I tested the Shark handheld after vacuuming a rug with a Dyson upright (Animal model - purple). I was surprised how much dirt the Shark picked up that the Dyson did not. It has a powerful motor, but you must frequently clean the dust cup and more importantly, the chamber that holds the HEPA filter. Most of the dirt lodges in the filter chamber, not the dust cup, in my experience. It is essential that clean out the chamber and the dust cup after every use (sometimes more than once during the same job). The filter chamber has very little space in it and it fills up rapidly, especially since the Shark pick up so much hair and dirt. Make sure you keep the screen on the HEPA filter clean as well.

If there is a design flaw with this product, it is that the HEPA filter chamber is undersized for the motor and quickly fills up. Plus most of the dirt stays in the filter chamber and doesn't blow through to the dust cup. Tbis vacuum works well if you empty if after every use. If you don't, it will quickly fill up with dirt and overheat or burn out the belt because the beater bar will jam and stop turning. The dust cup and the HEPA filter are not hard to remove as long as you read the instructions. Any one who claims otherwise either didn't read the directions or is mechanically challenged.

If Shark had built in more space for the dirt and dust to accumulate, I would give this product a rating of five stars, but as is it only gets four.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Dirt Sucker, Keeps My Motorhome Beautiful, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
I LOVE this vacuum cleaner. I have been using mine for about a year now. For you people fussing about belts and filters, you have to STOP and unclog the roller brush if you have jammed it up or the belt will break. I have never jammed up the roller brush. As with any vac with a roller brush, you have to CLEAN it now and then. You also have to be careful what you run the beater brush over! You can use the handheld brush tool or crevice tool to pick up the big junk on the carpet before you run over it with the beater brush.

HEPA filters catch all the teeny tiny micro dust and this is HEAVEN on earth but YES it will clog if you don't clean it out OFTEN. I live in a motorhome with both carpet and vinyl floors and a dog plus the upholstered furniture. I tap-clean my HEPA filter vigorously after EVERY use. That frees up the filter to do some serious dirt removal next time I vacuum.

If you skip this step you will overheat the motor. It says so in the manual. If it overheats, then you need to thoroughly clean the vacuum. Then it will restart and work like a charm.

My vac has never once overheated. It does have powerful suction. But I keep my HEPA filter cleaned after every use.

I have used mine on carpets, vinyl floors, the chairs, sofa, dinette, the bed, the pillows. Yes I vacuumed my big sofa pillows and oh my gosh, the dirt that came out of them was amazing!

I have a mattress topper that was all crumpled up and lumpy. I ran the beater brush vacuum over it and the lumps smoothed right out, it fluffed up and looked all new again besides removing an embarrassing amount of dust.

The vac is easy to store and I live in a small motorhome. This is the perfect vacuum cleaner for my needs. I am super happy with it.

Best of all, I like that when I am done, I can SEE (when I empty it and clean the HEPA) that I removed a load of dirt and dust from my wheel estate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad belt design, February 22, 2011
Martin R. Schmidt (Coupeville, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
This was a powerful little vacuum for a week or so until the belt broke. The instruction manual doesn't even mention a belt, let alone show how to change one or get a replacement. Finally someone in India tried to explain it to me on the phone. It is not only complicated but the belts cost almost 1/3 what I paid for the unit. Also their website does not support it. In disgust I've tossed the unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Replacement belt, December 25, 2010
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
I had this vac for 6 months and loved it. Then the belt broke and I can't find a replacement for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars definately not the greatest vacuum cleaner!, March 28, 2012
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
this vacuum is WAY TOO LOUD! also the cup is extremely difficult to take off and put back on, especially because I have small hands its extremely heavy and when I turn it vertically to sweep a step riser, the spinning motion inside fights me and I have a hard time holding onto it so far I haven't had to try to replace the belt but from the other people's reviews, it sounds like that will be a problem I absolutely hate the filter-how stupid that you just "tap out" the dust to clean it! all that does is throw dirt into the air and you've just gotten done sweeping it up!! bad design all around I definately won't be buying this brand again

2.0 out of 5 stars EuroPro Shark V15Z, December 8, 2010
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
Great vacuum but can't get HEPA Filter anywhere. I have 2 filters on order from Europro Shark for 5 months now and still no sign of them. When I call, they acknowledge my order but say it is still backorder.

Without the filter the vacuum is useless. Some one should tell the Company CEO that it is a Vacuum he is selling and only works when a Hepa filter is attached, otherwise it is a piece of junk.

Marston North

email: marstonnorth@sbcglobal.net

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
This vacuum was wonderful the first two times I used it. When I plugged it in and turned it on to use a third time it was so loud my 9 month old son started screaming and crying. The vacuum is so loud that I won't even use it anymore. If it had great suction it might be worth the ear pain, but it's just terrible.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY noisy, Overheats in less than 5 minutes, buy something else., April 28, 2013
This review is from: Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z) (Misc.)
I bought this product from walmart, trying not to spend very much money, and it was probably cheaper there too. I thought it would be great because it is small, I have a 1br apt with a lot of carpet, and I didn't anticipate tracking in a lot of dirt other debris. (I am a neat freak and clean the house every day, or routinely as possibly failing the daily, and I have a toddler, we are sports enthusiasts, running about in the southern climate, can bring sand or some woodchips in the house.) As it turns out the vacuum works exceptionally well for sucking up all dirt, dust, etc. It's super cute, and could be a very convenient product.

However this is marred heavily by the undesirable volume of noise that comes from this device. It is so loud and annoying that I wear earplugs. It's inconveniently loud and I cannot vacuum while my toddler is sleeping due the volume. It's horrible.

Also another highly negative factor to the practicality of this vacuum is that it auto-shuts off after it overheats. At my house it overheats in a matter of minutes. This I tried at first, bearing with patience that I had to turn it off and let it cool for 10 minutes before it would allow me to continue the job. Wow was this inconvenient! Like I said, I have a lot of carpet. I thought it would be useful for daily vacuuming after feeding my toddler rice, but it was so loud I couldn't tolerate it. It would overheat so quickly that I just ended up ordering my favorite lightweight Eureka, which receives 5 stars and costs about the same on amazon.com

I do like how well the hepa filter on this works. but I do not like the noise nor the overheating auto-shut off because it impedes my ability to complete the task at hand. that is just useless-I could be better off using a broom... on the carpet. You heard it from me. Definitely save your money and dont buy this.

For quick cleanups I recommend the Dirt devil extreme power hand, although that one did give out on me eventually, it was very good and powerful for small cleanups.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Shark Bagless Cyclonic Hand Vac (V15Z)
$56.99 $39.99