4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised
This mop is not going to be a magic wand, but it is better than most products.

Okay, here are some ways that it could be improved: The handle is a bit flimsy. Also, if the mop itself would pivot, that would be a big plus. Also, the replacement pads are way to expensive. The mop cleans super well, but does not do well with corners and you will still need to...
Published on February 5, 2008 by M. Peterson

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept - poor performance
I purchased this steam mop because I love "clean", but hate the time it takes to get there. Here are the pros and cons on this product IMO: Pros: generates lots of steam FAST; the mops are very easy to put on and take off using hook and loop fasteners; very light appliance and easy to push around; loooong cord; the powerful steam really does pick up dust and dirt...
Published on December 27, 2007 by critical thinker

‹ Previous | 1 2 345 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars what a piece of crap, January 11, 2008
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
i purchaed this item and was so excited to use it, the moment i came home i opened the box to get started. It was not difficult to put together, took just a few minutes. I was greatly disappointed!!! The mop is very difficult to push, and the skinny "stick" part feels like you are going to break it. The mop is not very substanital/solid. I took the mop back the very next day. This item is definately not worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, December 17, 2007
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
The Shark Steam Mop is great. It is easy to put together, and easier to use. It does a great job of cleaning my laminate and tile floors. I've got a dog and two cats, and it does fine with the hair that's left over after sweeping. Overall, I'm thrilled with our purchase. It helps us keep the floors clean, and is good for the environment too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little mop!, March 17, 2008
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
We have hardwoods which have been a task to clean. I had been user a spray bottle of water and a microfiber mop and then spotting the harder to get areas on my hands and knees with water. So you can see what I am not in love with cleaning my floors. I bought this mop because it said you could use it on hardwoods as well as tile. I used it first on a foreclosure house my brother bought and WOW...the tile was clean in super easy and super fast! It works wonders on my wood floors. No streaks and so light, even my 8 year old can use it. I like how easy it was to fill and change out the cleaning pad. The cleaning pad stays in place easily, unlike other mops I have used. I did purchase this product at a local Bed Bath and Beyond using a 20% coupon but they WILL take items back if they break and you have the receipt. For something like this, I wanted that assurance without having to fuss with a shipping return

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not do what it claims....STAY AWAY, January 26, 2008
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
My husband bought this for me knowing how I love to clean and cleaning gadgets. I was thrilled and got it put together in no time and was using it for only a few minutes before I realized what a piece of junk it was. It was very hard to push on my hard wood floors - it took forever to clean one room. It didn't pick up even the easiest spots on the floor on the first or second pass. It did OK on my tile floors, but the grout was left untouched. It is flimsy in design too - as it was so hard to push around, I thought at several points that it might break from the bowing in and out as I pushed and pulled. Why spend 80.00 on a product that is hard to use and doesn't clean very well?? I say Don't at all!

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste of money., December 23, 2007
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
Wife saw this on an infomercial thought it was the best thing ever, I tried it and found it takes three times the time a of a mop and the floor was no cleaner. If something looks too good to be true it usually isn't.
Save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in Half!, February 25, 2008
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
Please do not buy this product! I received it as a gift and loved it, BUT after just two months it snapped in half. I called customer service and was told that I need to mail it back at my expense and insure it at my expense. It would then take 4-6 weeks for them to repair it and return it (since it broke off at the steam pump portion of the handle.) This product simply costs too much to be that easily broken and then for the company to expect the customer to pay to have it sent back.

1.0 out of 5 stars dull, streaky performance, December 18, 2007
B. Deaver (Kingsburg, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
I bought this after seeing the infomercial's demonstration on laminate floors and finding good reviews on the internet, but I've tried it twice and it has left my composite tiles (kitchen) and laminate floor (dining room) a dull streaky mess. I also agree that it's hard to push and has a flimsy handle that I think would be too short for people much taller than 5'7". I am very disappointed and I hope Target takes it back. I also hope my floor isn't permanently dulled.

1.0 out of 5 stars I Gave It 3 Tries!, March 12, 2008
P. Monday (Tallahassee, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Shark Steam Mop - Gray/ Purple

I gave this product three tries. Twice on hardwood, once on ceremaic tile and twice on vinyl. It left streaks on all of the different types of flooring. The mop head was dirty but it didn't clean anything but superficial dirt. I still had to get on my hands and knees and clean grout and it doesn't do corners, under cabinets or any unlevel transition surfaces. It was a poor buy and I am not happy with it. AND until you read the info-it calls for distilled water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for homes with naughty pets, February 28, 2008
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
I use my Steam Mop almost every day, for small messes or for an all-over mopping. I'm prone to spilling just about anything I pick up, and the Shark Steam Mop has handled everything I've thrown on the floor. Dirt, spaghetti sauce, puppy piddle, salad dressing, milk, coffee, rusty water, mud and road salt--nothing has been able to stop the Steam Mop.

I have a naughty ferret who loves to hide bright red Coke cans. While no one was home, she got out of her cage and knocked down a half-full can of Coke someone had left on the coffee table, rolling it through practically every room in the apartment before finally hiding it under the bed. Hours later, we came home to sticky, dried puddles of coke all over our hardwood floors--and a sticky, soda-covered ferret waiting for us to find where she'd hidden the can. I got out the Steam Mop and in less than half an hour the entire mess (and a couple of old messes we were finding for the first time) were gone! Without it, I probably would have been down on my hands and knees scrubbing each mess out one at a time and then warning people not to walk there until it dried.

I also love that it has no chemicals, so there's no residue left on my floors. My ferret runs around the house and rolls around on the floors, then licks herself clean, and she throws her food on the floor and hides it under the furniture. With the Steam Mop, I don't have to worry about her picking up toxic chemical residue from the floor and getting sick.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who doesn't have the time to get down on their knees to scrub floors or has pets or kids (or husbands) who eat things that have fallen on the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 4, 2008
This review is from: Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101) (Kitchen)
I love this mop and trust me I have gone through some expensive floor cleaning machines. The last one being the Hoover one that has a dry vac, wet clean and wet pick up and it doesnt compare to this. With a 2 year old, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a husband who always has his shoes on, its a blessings. It dries so quick. I am finally not turning into psycho exorcist woman yelling at everyone to stay off the floor until it dries now because its dry in seconds. I will agree with others that on some of the nooks and crannies on the tiles it takes a little more elbow work. I would defifintely recommend this product and that coming from a very picky neat freak!

‹ Previous | 1 2 345 | Next ›

Shark Light & Easy Steam Mop (S3101)
$99.99 $56.25