Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum (NV352)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Style Name: Lift Away|Change

on March 1, 2015
AMAZING! I vacuumed with my other vacuum then went over with this. All this time, I THOUGHT I had clean carpets!! It's super easy to use and maneuver! I bought it from Walmart, but like it so much I had to come on here to review!
review image
on April 5, 2011
I cannot believe how much dog hair it picked up. Excellent vacuum and well worth the price.

Pros: quiet, very light (12 lb) and very maneuverable. The console "bends" so you can get close to furniture without hitting it. Bagless; HEPA filter; washable pre-motor filters so you don't need to buy anymore; 5-yr warranty

Cons: the canister is on the small side, but when I was at the store I didn't think it was much smaller than other vacuums- it's just taller as opposed to wider. Anyway, I don't mind emptying the canister a few times, but keep in mind how much fur I have to vacuum up. If you don't have pets then I can't imagine needing to empty it before you're all done.
11 comment|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2011
:::Great Suction but VERY CHEAP plastic parts that break easily::::

We have owned this for less than a year. There are two small plastic pieces that are used to attach the bagless container and hold it in place. After 3 months of use one side broke. Today the other side broke which means that there is now nothing holding the bagless container to the vaccum. There is no way to replace this part except to buy a new whole new vaccum. Very disappointing.
66 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2011
I purchased this vacuum primarily for using on the stairs. I have used a Dyson for about 8 years, but it is so heavy. Trying to clean the stairs, even with the hose and attachments, is such a chore. The hose can't reach the full length of the stairs so I struggle to hold the vacuum while using the hose and it is not pretty.

I had seen advertisements for the Navigator Lift-Away and thought this is the answer to my problem! I found a really great deal on one and have had it for about a week now. It is not quite as light as I expected, however it is still light enough to maneuver and carry. I would really call it more of a canister vac with an upright attachment, as it is very top heavy when completely assembled. I have used it on my stairs using both the rotary hose attachment and upright attachment, and both ways are very easy.

The suction is very strong, and it seemed to do a fine job getting all the dog hair (I have 3 dogs, so there is a LOT of hair!) It is relatively simple to empty, though the tank is rather small which means you have to empty it often. I have not used it enough to have to clean the filter yet, so I don't know what difficulties that will bring. It is very easy to maneuver and has a low clearance so it can get closer to walls and under furniture. I have not used it much on my hard floors yet, but it seems like it will work fairly well.

I will still use the Dyson for my main living areas, as I think it is better at room cleaning. If this was to be my only vacuum, however, the Navigator would do a good job. I think it is a good buy!

**Revised 08-22-11**

Upon using the Navigator more, I think I have to revise my last review. I did a head to head with the 2 vacuums, cleaning first with my Dyson, then with the Navigator. I was surprised that the Navigator actually has more suction, and it had a surprising amount of dirt collected even though I had just cleaned with the Dyson. I can't say if this is due to the age of my Dyson or if I would have the same results with a new one...but I think the Dyson will become the 2nd floor backup vacuum now. Wow! Changing from 4 to 5 stars!
on May 30, 2011
I just purchased this vacuum, so this review is based on my initial reaction.

First of all, it is small. The width of the head is probably one of the smallest I have ever seen. It is light weight.

Pros: -light weight,

-can remove the canister for doing car interior or high places or
getting under low furniture.

-very quiet for a vacuum.

-sealed system, which should help with allergies or respiratory
problems.

-Really GREAT suction power. Picks up a lot of dirt and 'stuff'

-reasonably priced.

Cons: -no height adjusment for the roller

-because you can't adjust the roller height, it leaves brush
marks in the carpet...this is a big negative for me! In
addition, the bristles of the roller are very stiff. Another
reason for the brush marks in the carpet. My husband was
actually concerned that it might be 'tearing up' the carpet. I
have never seen anything quite like this with any other vacuum.

-the width of the vacuum head is very narrow, one of the smallest
I have ever seen. This means it will take a little longer to
vacuum a room.

-the cord is short, 25 ft. I added an extension cord to it.

-the dust cup is small, so needs to be emptied with each use.

-it does tip over easily.

The fact that it is bagless is both a plus and a con. I purchased mine from Bed Bath and Beyond and used my 20% off coupon. I plan to use it for the next 2 weeks to give it a fair trial. The strong suction, low noise, allergy features, and removable canister are a real plus for me. But not sure about those brush/roller marks in the carpet after vacuuming.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2011
Purchased for the home. Vacuum has great suction but cleaning the unit is messy. The foam filter needs to be washed monthly depending on how much you use the unit. As with any other vacuum i have used the carpet roller brush gets clogged with hairs and needs frequent cleaning and disentanglement. Floors are cleaned better with the use of the floor attachment (a pain when you are transitioning from carpet to floor). Cord is not retractable and does get in the way at times. I have no experience with a dyson vacuum but purchased this one due to the price. Unit is relatively light and construction is okay.
1010 comments|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2011
this vacuum is actually better than the infomercial demonstraits. I purchased at bed bath and beyond because i wanted to see the item first. my first impression was that it seemed cheap, light and small. however after deciding to buy, i could not be happier! the first time i used this, i had to empty the dust cup 4 times! i didnt notice the fill line on the dust cup so i was actually over filling it and it still did not loose suction, so I'm not sure what the other reviewers are talking about, this thing has always sucked harder than any other vacuum I've ever used, so even if it did loose some suction its still the best on the market, hands down!

After about 3 months of vaccuming every weekend the dust cup is finally only about 1/4 full after vacuuming, so I know my carpet is much cleaner now. I've also noticed a lot less dust collecting on my end tables since using this.

The removable wand and canister mode is awesome, I can clean the stairs and edges of carpets, nooks and crannys so easily it's actually fun to vacuum. I thought the swivel head was just a gimmic at first, but after using it, I really like it.

It is a little top heavy, but thats nit picking, its never been an issue for me. cleaning the filters is easy, and emptying the dust cup is a little dirty, but really not a big deal since you can open the top of the cup also in order to empty/clean it out easily. Any of the cons are far outweighed by the cleaning ability and versitility of this vacuum.

Seriously, buy this vacuum, if you want clean carpets, there is nothing that works better.
11 comment|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2011
With five cats in a small one bedroom condo I was losing the daily battle with cat hair,dander,litter and litter dust..Until I purchased this vacuum.It's simply amazing for cleaning up pet hair and assorted pet filth.

I had been using a cheap Eureka upright twice a day in an attempt to keep up with the shedding.I knew I needed something more.I was about to purchase a Dyson Animal till I saw an infomercial for this vacuum. I purchased it at a local Bed,Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon (sign up for their emailed flyer to get a coupon)

I will admit at first I thought it looked small and cheap. As other reviewers have mentioned the head is smaller but with the EXCELLENT swiveling action this is a non issue.In fact the smaller size of this vacuum makes it easier to clean around furniture and under chair legs. The smaller size also makes it easier to store.

My entire condo is wood floors with large sisal rugs, an Oriental hall runner and a few scatter rugs. I also have a sofa,love seat,stuffed chair and drapes.All of these items were covered in cat hair.My first use with this vacuum completely removed every trace of cat hair from my home.Soon after my brother visited with me and commented about my place not being covered in cat hair!

Concerns:
* The hose is too short.It causes the vacuum to be a bit tippy when using the hose with the vacuum in upright mode.In canister mode the hose length is OK.

* In lift away mode I thought it would be lighter weight.It's not super heavy just more weighted than it looks.

* Dust cup is small.It will probably only be an issue when you first start using this vacuum as it's getting up the stuff other vacuums have left behind.

* Don't bother adding the attachment holder to the the vacuum. It does not hold the attachments securely.

* I feel this is ***NOT*** the best solution for wood floors While I love this vacuum for rugs ,area rugs and upholstered furniture I have to be honest it doesn't really get my wood floors completely clean. I have a microfiber floor thing I use after and that gets ups the last bits dirt.

* The cord is short.

* I felt the assembly directions and the directions for using the attachments and converting to the lift away mode could have been more detailed.

The pros !

* Hands down A M A Z I N G on pet hair!!! Literally will change the way you feel about your pets shedding. The ability to almost completely remove the pet hair from my home on daily basis is great and makes me love my home again.

* Relatively quiet, I have an older condo with thin walls and it is quiet enough as to not bother my neighbors or annoy me! Take note though that when you use the wonderful turbo pet brush it squeals loudly until it is placed on the upholstery or drape your attempting to clean. Not a deal breaker but worth mentioning.

*Light weight but not flimsy, Swivel action is fantastic.

* No filters to buy.The filters are washable at home.

* Does not clog with pet hair.

* Makes cleaning fun and productive!

Bottom line: If pet hair is your issue I doubt you can do better than the Shark Lift Away. For non pet owners perhaps look around but keep this high on your list of choices!
on October 25, 2011
I really, really wanted to love this vacuum cleaner and I tried very hard to do so. But, I absolutely hate it. You can not use the hose without tipping the unit over. The dust cup is TINY and the fill line in only about 1/4 of the way up on it, therefore you have to empty the cup constantly.Boy is it a mess to empty, too! The actual base is so small it takes forever to clean a larger room. The center of gravity is also oddly high when you tilt the handle back to vacuum, therefore making the swivel rather awkward for a shorter person to use. The brush gets clogged very easily and it's very hard to clean b/c you can't remove it. The tools will not stay in their storage slots on the unit while it is in use causing me to have to carry them in my pockets if I plan on using them. I wish I had not tried to live with it for so long and missed the return deadline. I would have sent it back.

I gave it the second star because it does do a good job cleaning, when you aren't cursing it.
on April 14, 2012
To be clear, Amazon's customer service and the sellers service were excellent, but the product itself was SUCH a disappointment. I regret not having been more thorough in reading the good AND bad reviews of this vacuum BEFORE I purchased it - turns out the issue I had was pretty common; the thing overheats so quickly and will cease to roll/suck until it cools off (20 minutes of wait time for another 5 minute session). Reasonable safety measure I agree, but bombing out at the 5 - 7 minute mark is absurdly annoying and ineffective! If I was challenging the vacuum I could understand, but my situation is within normal usage - carpet is berber and pretty well taken care of with multi-vacuuming sessions a week and a steam cleaning quarterly, so it's not like the Shark had 8 months of filth to try and fight through.

Having had an old shark from way back, one of their first stick-vac type models, and having been impressed with that amazing little vacuum, I thought I could not go wrong with this and was so excited to get it. I was so wrong - right out of the box it was a looser. I will admit for the five minutes or so it did work it was a great vacuum doing as promised; great suction and mobility, very light-weight and super easy 'fool-proof' assembly. Sadly, all the pros in the world won't outweigh the con on intermittent function. I'm off to search for a better vacuum!
88 comments|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse