5.0 out of 5 stars The easiest way to do copper pipe plumbing repairs!
Published 7 months ago by David Robson

Published 16 months ago by Kubie

1.0 out of 5 stars Fittings great, rubber lining inside braided SS lasted 6 months, March 27, 2013
This review is from: SharkBite U3088FLEX18BVLF Flexible Water Heater Connectors, 3/4-Inch by 3/4-Inch by 18-Inch Length (Tools & Home Improvement)
We started having rubber shavings show up in our hot water. Bathtub and sinks throughout the house all showed the same flakes. I first thought gaskets but when I talked to a local Plummer he asked if I had any braided steel lines and if so get rid of them. He had two in the truck he had changed out this week, different brands, and showed me the liners were all bubbled up.

I thought well mine is top of the line so probably not, but as it is easy to remove pulled it out. I could not even see light through it! I cut it in two and found about 4 inches of loose rubber just microns thick was hanging loose and bunches more was bubbled up. So put an old fashion copper flex line back in and no more rubber.

It appears that there is a thin slick liner to the heavier rubber hose which failed. This is hard to find as the hose was not leaking. My Plummer said to look for a white liner if I have to have a braided steel hose, otherwise stick to the copper flex.

Nice thing is my supplier is crediting me for the shark bite. I do use their other fittings, just going to stay away from their flex hoses!

1.0 out of 5 stars lining in ours also only lasted 6 mos., February 17, 2014
Ms. T (Houston, Tx) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Agree with the other reviewers - It only took 6 mos for the rubber lining inside ours to start breaking down and spitting out black stuff when we ran the hot water. I dont see how they can continue to sell them with this liner, seems like a health hazard to me if you use hot water for cooking,

5.0 out of 5 stars The easiest way to do copper pipe plumbing repairs!, November 29, 2013
I heard about Shark Bite from a co-worker. I have a house almost 2000 miles away in Oregon and the water heater inlet valve started leaking. It could not be replaced with a conventional valve without soldering, so I had this valve sent to the house direct from Shark Bite, and the people living there installed it in about five minutes. Works perfectly, and I highly recommend Shark Bite products for copper pipe plumbing repairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Shark Bite, July 11, 2014
I love these Shark Bite things. Wish I had invented them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah - no more soldering over your head with molten metal raining down!, July 8, 2014
I was highly skeptical of these but they really work. My hot water heater install is 6 months old now and I have had zero problems/drips. The real question is the extended longevity, but so far so good.

These sure beat trying to solder a joint overhead in a tight spot with bread crammed into the pipe to hold back the dribbling water!

3.0 out of 5 stars >NOT< NPT Threaded!!!, July 2, 2014
>NOT< NPT Threaded!!! - This unit seems to have extremely good construction and materials. I likely would have given it a five star rating had it actually fit! The description is not clear that the threaded end is for 3/4" straight, not 3/4" tapered. This means it actually will not (correctly) connect to a lot of tank and tankless water heaters whose input and output are often 3/4 Male NPT, which is tapered. You will be able to get one or two threads to engage before it abruptly seizes on the threads - but NPT threads, when engaged correctly, are meant to slowly tighten over 3,4 or even 5 threads deep for correct thread contact and seal. Be doubly sure that you have a non-tapered threading on your water heater before ordering this (otherwise awesome) piece of hardware, our you will, like me, end up having to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ease of use was spectacular!, May 17, 2014
Hot water heater went out this spring while I had a badly broken foot. I tried soldering the joints and managed all but the joint between the 3/4" copper and the brass valve. I ordered this integral SharkBite connector and was amazed at just how easy and effective the connector/valve was to install and use. Not a single drop of water leaked upon installation nor since. Fantastic product and arrived at my door two days after I ordered it. Thanks to SharkBite for and exceptional product and thanks to Amazon for making it so easy to obtain it while I was unable to move normally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Installation, March 31, 2014
Installed the hose in a relatively short time. Easy to connect and have had no problems since it has been installed (30 days ago). You need to make sure that you measure twice and cut once as different sized hoses fit over the pipe end from 1/2 to 1 inch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, March 27, 2014
This flexible water heater connector with an inline shutoff valve simplifies installation of a hot water tank. One end snaps onto the supply pipe and the other and screws onto the water heater. No soldering copper joints! How simple can you make it?

5.0 out of 5 stars SharkBite is Awesome, March 10, 2014
Used the 24" kit for this installation. Installed both hot and cold water cutoffs.

Minimal leakage with first charge, after 30 seconds, and no leakage after 2 months.

Made our installation easy, even DIY with no prior knowledge of copper piping unions.

Highly recommend to folks with a DIY attitude and no knowledge of plumbing repairs.

Recommended by my brother-in-law with years of home project management experience.

Completed DIY project flawlessly. No regrets.

Only recommendation, don't buy 18" kit with expectation that it will work. Measure your expected distance and buy appropriate SharkBite lengths.

Rate and Discover Movies