Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, this all-in-one microwave oven allows for making healthier choices when cooking at home. The versatile appliance can be used for microwave cooking, traditional steaming, or as a convection oven with temperatures ranging from 100 to 450 degrees F for baking or roasting. It also provides a SuperSteam Convection option, which combines two types of cooking--superheated steam and convection heat--in order to brown and crisp while retaining moisture and natural flavors. The oven provides a spacious 1.1-cubic-foot interior, which measures 13-3/8 by 14-1/8 by 10-1/8 inches, and its user-friendly control panel with an LCD display ensures simple operation. Choose from a range of automatic cooking categories: in Microwave mode, it offers six Sensor Cook settings, reheat, and popcorn; in Steam mode it offers vegetables, fish/seafood, and poached eggs; and in SuperSteam/Convection mode, choose from balanced meals, poultry, meats, fish, vegetables, pizza, and convenience foods.
The unit also provides reheat and defrost options, 11 variable power levels, a 24-hour clock, and sleep mode, as well as a pull-down door, an interior oven light, sound on/off, demonstration mode, a child lock, and a steam-clean cycle. Accessories include two porcelain-enamel baking trays, two nonstick racks (high and low), one steam basket, and a Touch Guide, as well as a SuperSteam Cookbook full of healthy recipes, cooking tips, and nutritional information. Sharp's RK-12S30 Kit (sold separately) allows the appliance to be built into a 30-inch wall oven cabinet, perfect when coordinating with other Sharp Insight and Insight Pro appliances like a lower microwave drawer or warming drawer. If built-in options are not possible, it can also be placed on the countertop or a cart. The UL-listed multi-purpose oven measures 20-1/4 by 21-3/4 by 17-1/4 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
| Today, more and more people aspire to a healthy lifestyle, a lifestyle that includes healthy eating and healthy food preparation. Sharp's new multi-purpose oven offers a unique combination of the healthiest ways to cook, all in one versatile appliance: SuperSteam convection, steam, convection, and microwave. One of the best ways to eat healthy is to take control of what you eat by cooking more meals at home. That means starting with wholesome, fresh, flavorful ingredients and using cooking methods that don't require the addition of large amounts of extra fat or sauces, and that result in fewer calories. With Sharp's SuperSteam Oven you won't have to compromise on taste or appearance. It can help you change the way you eat by changing the way you cook!|| |
The SuperSteam Oven's Many Facets
| || Versatile |
- The SuperSteam Oven offers a unique combination of the healthiest ways to cook all in one oven: SuperSteam, convection, steam, and microwave. It cooks a wide variety of foods without compromising taste or appearance. SuperSteam technology actually browns and crisps foods while retaining moisture and natural flavors. Meats, poultry, fish, and seafood are exceptionally moist and tender.
- Microwave option provides speed and convenience.
- LCD display and automatic settings assure excellent results.
- Balanced Meals setting automatically cooks complete meals in 25 minutes.
- It's the perfect second oven or second microwave.
- Foods that are good for you will look and taste better than you ever expected.
- It's not just what you cook, it's how you cook it. Now you can get moist, flavorful results without the addition of fats and oils.
- No other oven cooks in so many healthy ways, giving you more control over what you eat and how you cook it. It can help change the way you eat by changing the way you cook.
- The SuperSteam cookbook includes healthy recipes, cooking tips, and nutritional information to encourage healthier cooking and eating.
- You want foods that are fresh and flavorful. Steam is a natural, gentle cooking method, preserving nutrients and taste. Now Sharp offers the benefits of steam cooking along with superheated steam that browns and crisps.
- Steam is being used in many applications: cooking appliances, washers and dryers, dishwashers, microwave frozen foods, and steaming bags for microwave cooking, but only the SuperSteam offers it alongside other cooking methods.
- You can build it into a 30-inch wall oven cabinet with Sharp's deluxe built-in kit.
- The built-in design coordinates with other Sharp Insight and Insight Pro appliances. To create a unique cooking center, build the Sharp SuperSteam Oven above a Sharp microwave drawer or warming drawer.
- Place on the countertop or cart if built-ins are not an option.