4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., February 16, 2008
This is my first HDTV. I bought this TV to replace my old SDTV and my fairly new dell monitor. The game options also peaked my interest. As a computer monitor it has met all expectations. I have large space to work with and everything looks great. I haven't played many games yet but I haven't seen any ghosting in TF2, Vampire: TM, or Audiosurf. Be sure to set the view mode to Dot to Dot when using this as a monitor, it looks best that way.

I have my WII, PS3, and PS2 hooked up also. WII and PS2 games look just as good as they did on the SDTV. I am only using the PS3 as bluray player/dvd upscaler at the moment. Bluray looks great and DVDs look a lot better than they did on SDTV.

Over the air HD looks great. SD over cable looks good to unwatchable depending on which channel I watching. Unfortunately the channels I want most are not offered in HD yet by comcast. The scifi channel is extremely bad and is the channel I care about the most. I might cancel my cable until they have HD for it. There is no SD channel that looks better than it did on my SDTV. You will want to keep this in mind if you are watching mostly SD.

The best thing about this TV is it has inputs up the wazzu. No need to buy a $50 to $100 hdmi switch box with this tv. Note also the component inputs are 1080p as well.

The bad thing about this monitor is that there is no DVI input. I am using a dvi to hdmi cable for the computer. This is the only way to get the resolution I want. Another poor point is the way you change inputs. They way it is setup makes using a universal remote hard. They didn't include a separate button for each input. Instead you have the cycle through to the one you want. There is no way for a universal remote to know which input you are currently on so you can not setup a macro to switch to different devices because the remote will never know how long to cycle through inputs to get to the device you want. If each button input had a button assigned to it using a universal remote would be easy. Minor problem but enough to take off a star for me.

One more thing that is bad about this tv. There is no Picture in Picture or Picture Beside Picture. Given all they packed into this TV I find this odd to leave off.

Even with the problems I think this is a great TV. No ghosting or banding. No dead pixels. Just the right sized for my small apartment. Not perfect but darn close.

Edit 5/22/2013
So here we are 5 years later. This update will probably only be useful for people buying a used tv. Well the tv is still going strong. Still works great as a monitor. I almost never watch live tv instead opting to watch hulu, youtube, amazon, and netflix. This tv is great for that. Also my games still look good played on this tv. I haven't had any dead pixels or image burn in. The sound is good also but I have surround speakers so don't use it much. No technically problems at all. Still happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded All My Expectations, July 25, 2008
Sharps AQUOS LC32GP3U exceeded all my expectations. After an intense education process about HD TV's. I knew I wanted a good picture (even with an antenna only) along with enough hookups and choice in hookups for my VHS, DVD, Games, etc.. Sharp really accommodated my main concerns without buying added equipment or cables for what I already had. This LCD really accommodates every hook up possible except DVI, the newer upgrade to HDMIx3 was not needed for my use because I'm not using this as a computer monitor. The ability to hook this up to a computer and use it for on-line use was also an appealing option. The swiveling base as also a nice feature as well as the slim design and extra side hookups for easy access for games camcorders etc. From the moment I pulled this out of the box to full set up it took less than twenty minutes. Very easy to work and I didn't need to rely on the manual or a professional to install my TV. I highly recommend this TV and may even purchase another one for my sons games. The only draw back is watching VHS, which is not set up for HD quality. Even liked the analog stations, but not as well as the HD. I am not disappointed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent LCT TV, July 19, 2008
The only drawback is high price, but SHARP LC-32GP3U has the best picture and sound quality of any 32" LCD TV currently on the market. 1,920 x 1,080 pixels resolution works great as PC monitor using DVI-to-HDMI cable. Very slick design. No regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 1080p and the best overall LCD....no comparison - hands down, December 14, 2008
macskills (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This HDTV is provides the most vivid, stunning picture I have ever seen. I spent over 3 months shopping for a 32" true 1080p with very high contrast ratio and excellent overall picture. The only model that comes close to this is the similar Samsung DNIe in 32" class. This is my first HDTV and it is used a computer monitor, gaming monitor, and TV. It has so many inputs I could probably use it for 5 other things. The design is slim, the weight with the stand is only 40lbs. The picture is - flat out - unbeatable. Go to any major retailer and spend some real time and you'll know. There is NOTHING like AQUOS. Sharp knows the technology, and this is their flagship product. I recommend anyone shopping in the 32" class 1080p - spend the extra few hundred. It is NOT for the name. It is for the quality, and there are very few brands I can say that about. 10,000:1 contrast ratio and 6ms response time will show you the future of high definition LCDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tv, September 10, 2011
Purchased this quite some time ago and it still works beautifully. Really nice picture but the sound quality leaves something to be desired.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality 32" LCD, March 4, 2009
I am extremely pleased with the overall quality of this television. While it is a bit on the pricey side for a 32", the quality of the picture (in both SD and HD) is amazing. I purchased mine refurbished, saving a few hundred dollars, but it is worth the money.

Pros:

Superior SD and HD quality picture
Wonderful viewing angles - No picture degradation
Good audio for an LCD
3 HDMI inputs (including one on the side of the unit, which is helpful for wall mounting, which I have done)
Tons of options for adjusting the picture settings
Great design
1080p

Cons:
A bit pricey for the 32" size (Some of the 1080p 32" sets are now around $750)
Power up time and input changing speed are average

It is hard to find a TV larger than 22" with a white bezel, and this is the only option out there that isn't several years old.

I highly recommend this TV if you are looking for a unique color (Red, White), 1080p, and a high quality picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, August 31, 2008
R. Marshall (Belvidere, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent product with good sound from the speakers in front. The LCD has the ability to recognise the active port and is capable of displaying PS3 games in 720p & 1080p when connected via HDMI. The regular DVD's also have better clarity and sound.

A good product for a person wishing to operate a gaming system on, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality., January 19, 2009
James T. Ong (Hawthorne, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Will recommend this product as it lives up to its specifications.
Picture quality and response is excellent.
A must for gamers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever owned, July 24, 2008
This is my first and only HDTV. I do have to say it is by far the best I have ever owned. I normally buy high end TV's and this is certainly one. Picture quality is great, and the user friendliness is easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I would fall in love with a TV, December 24, 2008
janzzz (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharp Aquos LC32GP3UR 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Red) (Electronics)
Great TV. Easy to install. Easy to operate. My grandson loves the gaming features. And I couldn't believe it came in my favority color -- RED!

Rate and Discover Movies