Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on October 9, 2013
The Sharp SPC301 alarm clock I received has a 3/4" circular dial in the middle for TIME SET, ALARM SET, CALENDAR, RUN functions and 3 buttons to set time/date on the left, 1 sliding switch for ALARM ON/OFF at the right. To me, this new layout of buttons looks cleaner than the one shown in photo. The clock even shows temperature now. May be the seller shopemco sent me a newer SPC301 for the same price. I noticed now this alarm clock is fulfilled by Amazon, hope Amazon is shipping this newer version too.
It is really a nice little travel alarm clock for the price. Its compact size is perfect for today's carry-on air traveling bags (fits inside my pant pocket too). However, the LCD display for AM/PM at the alarm setting is too small for me to read under dim hotel room lighting. Fortunately I only need the alarm in the morning, so had to guess the AM/PM setting just once. The alarm sound level is also on the light side, which is loud enough to wake me up but not my wife. So if you are a light sleeper w/ good eye sight and want an inexpensive great travel alarm clock, you'll be happy with this one.
on October 2, 2013
Was the only travel clock I could find that showed 3 things all at once: current time, temp, alarm time. (You can swap the alarm time and date, but I usually know what day it is, but cannot remember what time i've decided to wake myself up -- you know those "yikes -- did I set the alarm?!" moments...)

As others noted, it is "plasticy", but seems reasonably well built for the price.

The temperature reading seems to be accurate, although I didn't conduct a scientific experiment. (It's roughly consistent with other thermometers I have around, but who knows which one is exact if any?)

I do have some concern, as others mentioned, that the light button can be depressed when closed, which might run out the battery when packed. (I have not yet traveled with this clock.) I'll throw a couple of batteries in my bag in case.

EDIT: Have used this on a trip. Had no problems with the light button; didn't have to change batteries. I didn't have any trouble reading the time, as others mentioned, or temp, alarm time, date. HOWEVER, THERE IS ONE MAJOR DOWNSIDE: The AM/PM on the alarm is VERY hard to differentiate. They differ only by the tiny extra leg of the A, and there is a shadow. So I had to make sure the clock face was pointed directly at the light source, and even so wanted to see the PM when I was going for AM just to compare to be sure. So that meant many trips around and around to get the alarm set right. That was a real pain and I knocked off a star for it. If you're waking up at the same time every day, then it won't be as much of a problem.
on January 10, 2013
I already had one of these for five years without problems, and bought a second to leave in my carry-on bag while the original stays at home. Durable, easy to operate, quiet, easy battery change.
on March 21, 2013
Handy with nice loud ring. Great for travel, and easy to set alarm and clock. I recommend this folding alarm.
on January 27, 2013
Perfect product. Small and fits perfect in the small shelf of my bathroom. The temperature read may be a few degrees off but I love this clock!
on September 21, 2013
Everything works just like it was advertised. It is easy to figure out (not often the case) and I am as pleased as I could be with this purchase. I have bought a LOT of travel alarm clocks and this is the best one I have!
on February 6, 2009
This alarm clock illuminates when it alarms. It has a 2nd time zone and has worked well for over 4 years. Is great for travel, would but again.
on November 15, 2013
I like this travel alarm for the 10 minute snooze. (If I need a little extra time 5 min. just doesn't cut it!) But the backlight is totally unusable as you can't see the numbers when it is on. I'll keep using it, but will keep looking for a better version.
on October 11, 2013
So far so good. The Westclock that I have and that is much more expensive continues to loose time between one to 2 hours. I gave it 4 stars because the display does not show the day unless you turn a knob; I an not keen on that especially in the dark.
on October 24, 2013
This is the second time I've purchased this model (left number one in a hotel room). Easy to set times, numbers large enough to read. Very satisfied.