5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Travel or at home clock
I already had one of these for five years without problems, and bought a second to leave in my carry-on bag while the original stays at home. Durable, easy to operate, quiet, easy battery change.
Published on January 10, 2013 by Bob

3.0 out of 5 stars i do not know what -headline- means!
had a sharp travel alarm clock I really liked ,,, an older model than the one I most recently purchased. found the older model much easier to use. I liked the older model that had the bar on the top to turn the alarm off. I certainly do not like the bar on the new model that simply puts the alarm into snooze mode. I do not like turning the entire alarm off to by-pass...
Published 15 months ago by tim shepard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Travel or at home clock, January 10, 2013
Bob (Boston, Mass) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharp 0.6" LCD Folding Travel Alarm Clock SPC301 with Silver Case (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice product., March 21, 2013
Handy with nice loud ring. Great for travel, and easy to set alarm and clock. I recommend this folding alarm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, only wish I have 20/20 eye sight, October 9, 2013
The Sharp SPC301 alarm clock I received has a 3/4" circular dial in the middle for TIME SET, ALARM SET, CALENDAR, RUN functions and 3 buttons to set time/date on the left, 1 sliding switch for ALARM ON/OFF at the right. To me, this new layout of buttons looks cleaner than the one shown in photo. The clock even shows temperature now. May be the seller shopemco sent me a newer SPC301 for the same price. I noticed now this alarm clock is fulfilled by Amazon, hope Amazon is shipping this newer version too.
It is really a nice little travel alarm clock for the price. Its compact size is perfect for today's carry-on air traveling bags (fits inside my pant pocket too). However, the LCD display for AM/PM at the alarm setting is too small for me to read under dim hotel room lighting. Fortunately I only need the alarm in the morning, so had to guess the AM/PM setting just once. The alarm sound level is also on the light side, which is loud enough to wake me up but not my wife. So if you are a light sleeper w/ good eye sight and want an inexpensive great travel alarm clock, you'll be happy with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 27, 2013
Perfect product. Small and fits perfect in the small shelf of my bathroom. The temperature read may be a few degrees off but I love this clock!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great clock, October 2, 2013
Was the only travel clock I could find that showed 3 things all at once: current time, temp, alarm time. (You can swap the alarm time and date, but I usually know what day it is, but cannot remember what time i've decided to wake myself up -- you know those "yikes -- did I set the alarm?!" moments...)

As others noted, it is "plasticy", but seems reasonably well built for the price.

The temperature reading seems to be accurate, although I didn't conduct a scientific experiment. (It's roughly consistent with other thermometers I have around, but who knows which one is exact if any?)

I do have some concern, as others mentioned, that the light button can be depressed when closed, which might run out the battery when packed. (I have not yet traveled with this clock.) I'll throw a couple of batteries in my bag in case.

EDIT: Have used this on a trip. Had no problems with the light button; didn't have to change batteries. I didn't have any trouble reading the time, as others mentioned, or temp, alarm time, date. HOWEVER, THERE IS ONE MAJOR DOWNSIDE: The AM/PM on the alarm is VERY hard to differentiate. They differ only by the tiny extra leg of the A, and there is a shadow. So I had to make sure the clock face was pointed directly at the light source, and even so wanted to see the PM when I was going for AM just to compare to be sure. So that meant many trips around and around to get the alarm set right. That was a real pain and I knocked off a star for it. If you're waking up at the same time every day, then it won't be as much of a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, February 6, 2009
This alarm clock illuminates when it alarms. It has a 2nd time zone and has worked well for over 4 years. Is great for travel, would but again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and Sturdy, October 24, 2013
This is the second time I've purchased this model (left number one in a hotel room). Easy to set times, numbers large enough to read. Very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great alarm clock, September 21, 2013
Everything works just like it was advertised. It is easy to figure out (not often the case) and I am as pleased as I could be with this purchase. I have bought a LOT of travel alarm clocks and this is the best one I have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to find this replacement., October 6, 2013
This one replaces an old one that stopped working. I don't use my cell for an alarm, and this has nice big numbers (lighted) and a good alarm.

4.0 out of 5 stars RV Clock, October 24, 2013
I bought it for the Motorhome so my wife could see the time and it works well at a good price.I would buy this clock again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›