Once again, Sharp demonstrates its LCD technology leadership by successfully creating a new LCD-TV category. By leveraging their expertise in Blu-ray Disc Player technology, Sharp's AQUOS engineers have developed Full HD 1080p LCD-TVs with built-in Blu-ray Disc slots, enabling customers to take easy and full advantage of 1080p Blu-ray Disc titles. The slot is also backward-compatible with DVD and CD titles. The LC32BD60U feature Sharp's proprietary new Superlucent Advanced Super View LCD panel for the brightest, most vivid colors with reduced reflection. Sharp's proprietary Spectral Contrast Engine UD (Ultra Dark) provides high contrast ratio and deep black levels. The LC32BD60U is fully featured with three HDMI terminals, two HD component inputs, a PC input and RS-232C for control.
From the Manufacturer
Manufacturer's Review (February 28, 2009)
Sharp makes it easier than ever to enjoy your favorite movies in spectacular 1080p high-definition quality by including an integrated Blu-ray Disc Player with its BD60 series LCD HDTV. This 32-inch combines the convenience of an all-in-one home theater solution with Sharp's new Superlucent Advanced Super View (ASV) panel for a dramatically bright and crisp picture. (Learn more about what size TV should you get
.) The slot-loading Blu-ray Disc Player placed on the back of the HDTV is also backward-compatible with DVD and CD titles.
Full HD 1080p resolution produces a crisp picture, and Sharp's Spectral Contrast Engine XD (Extreme Dark) provides a high dynamic contrast ratio, enabling deep blacks and vibrant colors, and a special dejudder feature results in the smooth reproduction of film content. The 4ms response time delivers amazingly accurate picture quality and it also features built-in ATSC/QAM/NTSC tuners, high-performance speakers with 20 watts of total power, and the following inputs: three HDMI, two component, one PC, one composite, one S-Video, and one RS-232C.
The blue-accented Sharp BD60-series HDTV with integrated Blu-ray Disc player on the back.
- Slot-loading Blu-ray Disc Player on the back enables easy operation of Blu-ray Disc content and offers backwards compatibility with DVDs and CDs (Learn more)
- Full HD 1080p resolution (Learn more)
- AQUOS Pure Mode automatically senses the aspect ratio of the Blu-ray title being played and optimizes the TV's view mode for the best possible HD picture possible.
- Superlucent Advanced Super View (ASV) LCD Panel provides pure whites, deep blacks and a more vivid range of color (Learn more)
- Spectral Contrast Engine XD (Extreme Dark) dynamic contrast ratio with 450 nit brightness
- 4ms response time
- 60,000 hour lamp life
- Wide viewing angles (176°H x 176°W) enable viewing from practically anywhere in the room
- Optical Picture Control (OPC) automatically raises or lowers the TV's brightness to match your room's ambient light (Learn more)
- Five 1080p compatible inputs including three HDMI (v1.3 with Deep Color) and two HD component inputs
- Built-in tuners: ATSC, QAM and NTSC tuners provide access to DTV and analog TV channels.
- Manufacturing including a solar-powered factory (Learn more)
- Picture-in-Picture enables convenient simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC sources.
- V-Chip system allows blocking of rated TV and movie programs determined by the parent to contain objectionable content.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French
- Removable swivel table stand included
- Energy Star v3.0 compliant
- 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty
- AQUOS Advantage extends your warranty and adds special benefits (Learn more)
A variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs, and the customizable remote lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals using just one device. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV. With the convenient 15-pin dSub connection, you can connect to your computer system and play your favorite PC games.
- 3 HDMI (1080p compatible)
- 2 component (1080p compatible)
- 1 S-Video
- 1 composite
- 1 RS-232C (9-pin)
- 1 PC input
- 4 audio (L/R)
- TV with stand: 30.4 x 22.75 x 10.67 inches (WxHxD)
- TV without stand: 30.4 x 20.8 x 5.4 inches (WxHxD)
What's in the Box
HDTV, remote control with batteries, power cord, printed user instructions
|The Blu-ray Disc format has full 1080P resolution capability, and it enables you to take advantage of the latest surround sound formats such as Dolby TrueHD. This means you will enjoy high quality lossless 7.1 Channel digital surround (48KHz only ) that is bit for bit the equivalent of a master recording. |
Sharp's Quick Start feature allows you to enjoy viewing high definition content on your big screen quicker than most other Blu-ray Disc players. Unlike many other Blu-ray Disc players, the BD60-series has an impressive startup time allowing you to begin watching your movies in approximately 10 seconds (time may vary depending on movie content, and the feature can be turned off). Additionally, the Blu-ray player features AQUOS Pure Mode, which automatically senses the aspect ratio of the Blu-ray title being played and optimizes the TV's view mode for the best possible HD picture possible.
Even your existing standard definition DVD library can look better than ever because Blu-ray Disc players are backwards compatible with your DVDs. By optimizing standard DVD playback signals to 1080P (when displayed on a 1080P capable HDTV with HDMI technology), the Blu-ray Disc player can deliver more picture and sound quality.
|By dividing each pixel into two sections and developing an advanced driving system, Sharp’s new Multi-Pixel Technology delivers more natural and accurate color reproduction when viewing the screen from virtually any angle. This technology improves extreme-angle viewing by approximately 60 percent. |
Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. Sharp’s 1080p panel uses a impressively high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 6ms. The fast response time keeps images smooth even in the midst of high-speed motion.
Superlucent Advanced Super View (ASV) LCD Panel
|Sharp's innovative Superlucent Advanced Super View (ASV) LCD panel technology provides pure whites, deep blacks and a vivid range of color thanks to a dynamic contrast ratio up to 27,000:1 and LCD TV industry leading 4ms response time for true film-like smoothness. The new Superlucent ASV panel also applies an ultra-smooth finish that minimizes gloss, providing an excellent balance of light control that cuts down reflection from the panel. The leveled panel surface draws together external light and intensifies the panel brightness and contrast. The clear pictures reproduced on this panel takes full advantage of the details of a 1080p panel. |
Additionally, by changing the layout of circuits inside the LCD panel and by reducing the number of parts, Sharp engineers developed the slim-line design which reduces depth by 25 percent, allowing placement of theBD60-series televisions in virtually any setting.
Optical Picture Control Sensor
|Optical Picture Control (OPC) is a sensor on all Sharp AQUOS LCD HDTVs that, when activated, will automatically raise or lower the brightness level of the TV to match the ambient lighting in a room. Think about how bright a TV can seem when laying in bed at night. OPC automatically adjusts its brightness level to make it easier for your eyes to adjust and be less likely to hinder the ability for someone else in the room to sleep while you watch TV. A dedicated Power Savings button allows you to set the Power Saving level that can result in decreased overall power consumption and increased backlight lifespan. |
|Opened in 2006, the Sharp LCD television plant in Kameyama, Japan, includes one of the world's largest roof-mounted solar electricity installations. All Sharp factories achieved green status according to international recommendations that combine economic efficiency, social-mindedness and environmental conservation. |
At the factories, cogeneration and photovoltaic power generation systems supply approximately one-third of the total energy used. Combined with an on-site fuel cell system that converts energy without combustion, Sharp has reduced CO2 emissions by 40 percent per year. It's Sharp's goal that by 2010, the emissions avoided through the use of Sharp's energy-creating and energy-saving products worldwide will equal their annual global emissions.
All Sharp products are designed and manufactured to virtually eliminate lead, mercury and cadmium.
AQUOS Advantage Program
| Sharp AQUOS LCD televisions are covered by a 1-year warranty for parts and labor, but you can get even more coverage and extra benefits by enrolling in the free AQUOS Advantage Program, including: |
Learn more at AQUOSAdvantage.com.
- 3-month extension the manufacturer's limited warranty
- Dedicated toll-free number directly answered by AQUOS Advantage Advisors
- Extended customer support hours (including weekends and holidays)for added convenience
- Next-Business-Day service scheduling
- Expedited turnaround time on all in-home service visits
- If your TV cannot be repaired on the first visit, the Sharp Authorized Service Provider will provide you with a complimentary 32-inch HD loaner TV until your original TV is repaired.
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5