It appears to be heating up the food as well as my old Panasonic 750 Watts for some food items which is weird. It does heat up my cup of coffee in 1 minute instead of 1.5 minutes. I am generally happy with the unit and for the price (cheaper than my Panasonic), it's a great buy.
Published on March 15, 2006 by PiperCub

1.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ: PROOF of POOR POWER
Published on March 26, 2006 by hotchas

4.0 out of 5 stars For the 1100 Watts - it still takes a while to heat up the food, March 15, 2006
This review is from: Sharp R-308JW 1100 Watts Mid Size Microwave Oven, white (Kitchen)

1.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ: PROOF of POOR POWER, March 26, 2006
I had a Sharp 700w which heated water in 1.52 minutes. At work, the GE Sensor 1100 watt heats water in 1 minute. So, I bought the Sharp R-308JW and it heats water in 2 minutes [TOO SLOW]! I kindly wrote the company which told me not to use the WARMING option. I kindly wrote back and told them I was always using full power. They never replied again. I used to soften a half gallon ice cream in 11 seconds on the old 700w oven, but this new one takes 20 seconds ON FULL POWER. Sharp is DULL indeed.
I gave it away to GOODWILL and bought a GE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave oven, November 9, 2006
Judy C. Carter (Stockton, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The microwave oven is great, but we did not receive a confirmation that the order was received and was being shipped. We had to have one and purchased one at a Target store. Then, a few weeks later the one we ordered arrived in the mail much to our surprise. The information we received said we could not return the Microwave oven so we are stuck with it, and do feel somewhat frustrated that our order was not originally confirmed so that we didn't buy another one. Is there anyway we could return this item? It is still in the carton, but has been opened.

The grill is great, but was put on sale soon after which was disappointing to us.