4.0 out of 5 stars Only one flaw
Nice clock, exactly what I wanted. Large enough to read in the middle of the night without glasses. There are two LEDs instead of the usual one. Time set and alarm set are via two different knobs -- you don't accidentally screw up the time while setting the alarm.

Published 22 months ago by David H. Copp

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but there are better choices.
Decent easy to read alarm clock. If you are bothered by ticking then don't choose the Sharp. Go for the Elgin 3675E instead. It has a sweep second hand and is nearly silent.
Published on November 7, 2012 by GMPullman

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but there are better choices., November 7, 2012
This review is from: Sharp SPC127A Quartz Analog Alarm Clock (Black/White) (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars time lost, July 23, 2012
This clock loses five minutes per day. Nice big face and easy to read, but it doesn't do what is is supposed to do: keep time accurately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one flaw, April 2, 2013

Two things that don't bother me but you might want to know: (1) It has a retro-Japanese look, right down to the cheap-looking snooze and alarm on-off controls. (2) It ticks louder than most.

I withhold the fifth star only because it is very light and scoots around on the night stand. Worse, the designers saw fit to put two rails on the bottom so it doesn't even have the full surface area to provide some friction. I am resigned that one of these days it will fall onto the floor, but when it does I will buy another!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock!, January 9, 2013
Easy to see the clock face in the dark and without my glasses. No more worries about the electricity going out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, large, and works., September 3, 2013
It's really nice that it runs on a single AA battery and not several of them like other clocks. The ticking is loud and I took the clock apart and filled it with foam rubber I kept from other shipments. It helped but you still hear the tick, tick, tick. It's not horrible and like all the sound around you, you get used to it and soon it isn't there. Good Clock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little clock., May 27, 2013
This is the second one I have. The first one still works, but it is very old and I wanted a back-up in case I ever dropped it or it stopped working. The face is so easy to see from across the room. But the part I like is the alarm. I am a fairly light sleeper, so when most alarm clocks go off they jerk me awake in a panic as I hysterically try to shut if off as soon as possible. Then my heart hammers in my chest for a few minutes. Not a nice way to start the day. This clock is different. It is plenty loud enough to wake me up, but not so loud I have to take a calm-tabs upon waking! My husband on the other hand, is a very heavy sleeper, and he is able to hear it only sometimes....so I would think this would be a better clock for light sleepers only.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good desktop analog clock for the price, May 31, 2013
I purchased this clock for several reasons:

1. I prefer desk clocks over wall clocks;
2. I prefer analog clocks over digital clocks;
3. It is battery powered;
4. It has a large face with large numbers;
5. It was very affordable.

What I do not like about it is that the "glow in the dark" hands do not seems to be bright enough and readable in darkness, and the hands are too thin and light colored to be visible from a distance against the white face.

Otherwise, it is a good clock for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on this clock, September 4, 2013
This is a cute little clock, and large numbers. However, I don't know what's up with the alarm. I set it for 6:00 am and it went off at 4:30 am. Tried it again another day, different time settings and the same thing happened. No rhyme or reason to why it goes off when it feels like it. And the hands are supposed to glow in the dark but they don't. I exposed them to light for quite a while but no luck. Spend a little more money and get what you pay for. All I wanted was a little alarm clock for traveling and all I got was a waste of my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! Large numbers., May 9, 2013
A great alarm clock.Operates well,easy to see.Keeps good time.It has a back light to see in the dark and only uses 1 AA battery. I would recommend it to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great clock for my kitchen!, February 28, 2014
Gail & Emery (Swartz Creek, MI) - See all my reviews
I needed a small clock to sit on the stove in my kitchen, and this fit the bill! I'm pleased with my purchase.