Sharp SPC800 Quartz Analog Twin Bell Alarm Clock (Silver)
|Price:||$7.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$22.11 (74%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Quartz analog twin bell alarm Clock
- Button for backlight
- Luminous glow in the dark hands
- Luminous dial
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Sharp
- Model Number: SPC800
- Power Source Type: Battery
- Item Height: 6.9 inches
- Item Length: 4.95 inches
Top Customer Reviews
I set this thing for 5am, and I swear, I was up and trying to make it stop within 30 seconds, afraid it would wake the entire house. Plus, you can't hit it or push a button to make it stop, you have to find a tiny little black switch on the back.
The only drawback is that you since it's a traditional manual alarm clock, you have to remember to set it each night, so I now have a reminder alarm on my phone so I can remember to set my alarm.
* The single alarm is loud. Damn loud. Not to fire-alarm levels, but I wouldn't expect a sleeping partner to ignore it.
* The alarm is set by a twist dial on the back. There are two dials; the other one sets the time. You have to be careful which you grab.
* There's no snooze capacity here. The alarm is either activated or not, as set by a small switch on the back.
* It ticks audibly. I sleep with earplugs so I don't care. If your sheep can't stand a fixed rhythm, you won't like this.
* There's a small button on the back to activate a side light. The face is otherwise invisible in the dark.
* It appears to hold time. The first few days I used it, it seemed to lose time, but it's been steady for the last month.
* It really is a pretty clock, especially for the $8 WM wanted for it.
The only question mark for me is the battery wear rate. This clock uses a single AA rather than a proper AC adapter. I've erred on the side of caution with a 1.5V Alkaline rather than the usual 1.2V Eneloop.
I bought this exact same clock about 3 years ago, and I still have mine. I lost the cover to the battery compartment about a year ago, but other than that, it still works as great as it ever did, and I'm really rough on my alarm clocks! The best thing about the clock is how loud the alarm is, no other alarm clock that I've tried could wake me up.
I highly recommend this clock!
It's not just the alarm though. If that was it, I'd give this thing 5 stars because that's what you want out of an alarm clock, especially if you have trouble waking up. Everything about this clock is loud. The ticking was driving me insane, to the degree that during the day I'd stuff it in the night stand or take out the batteries.
Speaking of removing the batteries, unless you have a hook for a hand, I don't know how mere mortals can remove the battery clasp from the back of this thing. I clawed at it until my fingers were raw and hurting, tried a screwdriver, pen, you name it. Almost broke the entire clock trying to change the battery. It's really not designed well.
On top of all of that terribleness, you have to set the alarm manually every night. Seems to defeat the purpose.
Eventually I had to just get rid of the damn thing. Despite it's super cheap price and it's ability to strike the fear of death into any sleeping person, I have removed the batteries and place mine in the "goodwill" box. Good riddance
Most Recent Customer Reviews
my son love this clock because it looks exactly on those cartoons he always watchedPublished 18 hours ago by Johnny Jenkins
This is a nice silver quartz analog alarm clock.
The alarm clock came nicely packaged, very secure and neat. Read more
The alarm itself is loud as all hell and it is a good clock, but it stopped functioning properly within two months. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Munveer Singh
I've had this for several years now. It is a wonderful alarm and has not yet let me down.Published 5 days ago by N. N. Kaonga
Works great so far. Does have a loud tick, so if you need absolute quiet maybe not for you. I like it.Published 6 days ago by Gary R Collins