Published on July 5, 2006 by Fitness Champion

1.0 out of 5 stars Only good for a mini-workout
Published on May 9, 2007 by writegrrrl

5.0 out of 5 stars If yur are looking for a mini stepper to round out your workout...this is for you!, July 5, 2006
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
I recently purchased the Sharper Image Mini Step & Flex 2. Stair Stepper at the low price of $59.99. This machine allows you to get a low impact body workout without applying too much pressure on your legs. I personally like the ease of assembly, the look and feel, cost, and most importantly, it fits under my bed. If you think about, working out is about consistency and less about the size of the machine. I am a runner who prefers to exercise at home - and this works for me. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Equipment, June 21, 2007
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
I have been using Sharper Image's Mini Step and Flex for about 4 years. It is a great piece of exercise equipment. Don't worry about the directions which say you can only use it for 15 min. at a time. I use mine everyday for at least 30 min. and often 45 or 60. This stepper is so convenient and really does the job. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only good for a mini-workout, May 9, 2007
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
I was really excited to get this item and add to my workout repertoire UNTIL I read the owner's manual and found out you can only use this machine for 15 minutes at a time. And then you have to let it cool down for 15 minutes. What's the point? My workouts are typically 45-minutes to an hour so, at best, this could only supplement what I'm already doing. That information should be posted in the item information area. If I'd known that ahead of time, I wouldn't have made the purchase. As it is, I'm returning it and sticking with my workout DVDs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gimmicky, but it does the job, October 10, 2005
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
I was avoiding the small steppers, but finally found myself desperate for another exercise machine that wouldn't crowd our already claustrophobic apartment. Compared to a real stair machine that you'd find in a healthclub, I'd give this a 2-3 star rating, but that doesn't seem fair. The Mini Step & Flex has the obvious drawbacks--the design of the display is incredibly cheap and there is no way to increase the tension or workout, other than stepping faster or using weights. I don't know if it's worth more than 70 dollars, and I've seen the same model advertised elsewhere for less. It's pretty easy to find used models for sale since most people just buy it as a gimmick (it's got that "Thigh Master appeal"). Which is exactly what I was most wary of--paying for something I wouldn't use. Fortunately, I do. But sheer desperation and an overhwelming love of pizza drove me to it. I feel a smidgen less guilty about takeout food...and hey, that counts for a lot, no?

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly suprised!, March 12, 2007
Jo (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
When I bought the Mini Step and Flex I thought it would be a really easy exercise machine, but it does give me the workout I need. And it's small so it fits anywhere in my house. It is a machine worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little stepper!!, April 25, 2007
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
This thing is sturdy and solid and really gives a great workout. The cables give good resistance and are very durable. I can imagine that this little stepper will last a long time. The wide footbeds are a great feature and the little computer is very easy to read. Nice that it comes with the single bar and the two handles for different exercise options. Everything included with this stepper seems well-made. A nice little item thrown in is the mat you can use to protect your carpet. Also love that it's noiseless. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Steps...Big Results, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
Nothing shapes the legs and glutes like the stair stepper! This little machine packs a lot of punch and is easy on the joints. I can bring my heart rate up, sweat, burn calories and tone my lower body all at once. It is so compact and functional. I just LOVE it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to get post -baby body in shape, November 13, 2011
This review is from: Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex (Misc.)
I purchased this after my daughter was born. Used it to exercise while watching tv. The hand attachments were not comfortable for me so I just the stair stepper without it and pumped my arms up and down while climbing. It fit under my couch when not in use. I would buy this over and over again. My daughter is 6 now and it still works. Only down side is you can't use it for more than 15 minutes at a time because it overheats.

Sharper Image Mini Stair Step and Flex