5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me
I've had my travel soother for a decade. No problems, and I use it every night to drown out car noise. I also take it with me for hotels, camping, etc. If street noise, snoring mate, etc. keep you up, this is for you. Takes perhaps one week to get used to.
Published on July 9, 2008 by Carl

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead out of the box.
When I pay $99 for a travel alarm clock, I surely expect that it will be of excellent quality. WHen mine arrived it was dead right out of the box. I called the company and was told that I would have to accept a merchandise credit rather than a refund. As if I would every buy anything else from them!

Save your money--this company obviously does not care...
Published on July 21, 2004 by Kathryn Roosa

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead out of the box., July 21, 2004
This review is from: Sharper Image Travel Soother 20 Radio/Alarm Clock (Electronics)

Save your money--this company obviously does not care about quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it seems, March 7, 2006
I am not one to write reviews, but I was so surprised to see the flowery review by the editor, I was prompted to comment. The overall design of this product may seem stylish, but not free from glithes and errors. The radio reception is very weak. The only way I get clear stations is if I am touching the antenna. The station scanning also does not work great - it's actually annoying because it stops on any static station, even if you press-and-hold scan. Also beware - if you have the sound soother on and accidentally press a radio preset, you will wipe out all of your presets when switching back to the radio. Another problem - it eats batteries like crazy, so you have to spring for the AC power adapter. As for the sound soother, it seems to work and help me sleep, but not all of the sounds make sense, but I guess everyone is different. I generally like the Rain, Thunderstorm, Summer Night, or City sounds. I do have the single speaker model as well, and it does have good sound quality. The rest of this unit's features are so lacking, though, so it is really hard to justify the expense just for a sound soother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, July 9, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite alarm and radio., August 10, 2012
Had it for over ten years and still love it. Just regret its not available any longer. The sound soother wind chime setting has been on in my house on many days, in the background, creating a tranquil environment. For a real strong alarm in the am I use the 'churchbell' setting, gets you going in no time..The radio reception is good, I do get the major stations in my area without problems, (I live in a canyon with limited reception). The sound is excellent for a small radio. Its incredibly well made and looks stylish.Its on the heavy side, not a light radio for travelling purposes. All in all, one of my favorite purchases.

3.0 out of 5 stars Double check before you buy, March 13, 2014
I thought the radio would be new...unfortunately it was used and it is hard to find a real person to talk to when checking on your order

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy for gentle waking., August 4, 2013
Handy for gentle waking. It takes a little work figuring how to configure it, though. Advise getting a power adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Review, September 24, 2012
Keithmj "Noodj" (Saint Petersburg, Fl) - See all my reviews
I bought mine from a guy that wanted five dollars. He wouldn't take the money unless I took the radio. I have been using it for about four years now and when I bought it from the guy the antenna was broken off. I called the company to order a new antenna and they sent me one free even after I told them the guy broke it. It plays great with no problems with reception and everything works as it should, the only problem or thing I don't like is that it eats batteries in no time so I use a Radio Shack power adapter most of the time. It takes four AA batteries. I would buy another one from Sharper Image if they still sold them. They are a quality built radio. So if you find one in a garage sale buy it. Maybe I'll try another one of their radios or try a CCRadio?