5.0 out of 5 stars Vacuum for "Wet" pick ups !!
Published on January 23, 2003 by Gerald K. Moore

3.0 out of 5 stars so so cleaner
If you're expecting the strength of a real steam cleaner in this little package, don't bother. It does an okay job of steaming things, but a pretty poor job of sucking up the wet mess you've just melted off your carpet. Not particularly strong, but easy to use.
Published on December 12, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars so so cleaner, December 12, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Sharper Image Steam Wizard Turbo Steamer and Wet/Dry Vacuum (SM420) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vacuum for "Wet" pick ups !!, January 23, 2003
This little vacuum is "Great"!! Light to handle, easy to use and no bags. Spill a drink - no problem, grab your "Vac" plug in the 20 foot cord and vacuum the spill in seconds. The unit steams stains away, then vacuums up the dirt with the water. Has an adjustable steam control, move from low-intensity to high-intensity for those stubborn messy stains. It was designed by Sharper Image.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maligned product that really, February 20, 2009
This is an often maligned product that really works if it's applied to the right chore. If your trying to steam an entire carpet, this is not the answer. I used it for only one purpose - pet soiling on carpeting. Vomit, urine and stools can be picked up or blotted up but then what do you do with the days old stain and dried up gunk embedded in the carpet? There is no alternative product that steams and loosens and then wet vacs up everything so that the carpet area looks like new again. You can buy a separate steamer and a separate wet vac and they would probably do the job better but at a much higher cost and inconvenience. If you have very young or older pets and you need to clean up after them this product does it all really well in one hand held handy unit. The problem is, it's no longer sold via Sharper Image. They're not around anymore. Try buying one from a disgruntled owner who doesn't realize what a gem he's got.
There is a down side - eventually you need to clean the plastic holder out and that's a smelly chore. Still, there is nothing out there that does this specific job as well and as easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad i ordered it!, May 4, 2012
I recieved my steam Wizzard vacume yesturday and I sooo Glad I ordered it. The steam at first takes a bit to get started and it does drip water out (when ur done steaming use the vacume to clean up the water that dripped out :) thats what i did)while its warming up but when the water is warm enough the steaming works great i used it on my couch to remove an accident left by my neice. Steamed it, vacumed it and it came out very well!

4.0 out of 5 stars steam wizard, April 30, 2012
My new vacuum looks like a more streamlined version of my old vacuum and has much improved design features although the suction seems a little weaker. Works great for smaller spots or stains, and excellent for dog stains. I may want another for my other home which has the older model.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY DISAPPOINTED, July 26, 2007
There isn't very much steam, very little pressure, and it isn't very hot. The steam doesn't even come out in a single stream: it kind of "chugs" its way out. I've used a steamer before - a little handheld one - and the steam was much hotter under much higher pressure, and much more plentiful. The salesman assured me that this would work just like the other steamer I'd used, but with the addition of a vacuum. This was completely untrue. The unit also feels clumsy to use. I find it heavy and the water tank is far too small.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well integrated, April 16, 2011
Privacy Hawk (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
How weird! This can't vacuum at the same time as it sprays or steams!
I bought this as a clean-up tool, hoping it would replace my disintegrating Bissell spot "steam cleaner" that has served to clean up after many puppy errors and coffee spills, but was never all that sturdy and is now mechanically near end-of-life. So I saw this and thought, it looks stronger, it actually plugs in and heats the water to make real steam, and probably will hold up better. That part is all true; the problem is the people who designed it seemed to think you should spray the surface with water for a while and then run the vacuum.... DUMB! Not only that, the sprayer mostly makes a little pt.pt.pt.pt sound and spits a little, taking forever to get the surface wet. Then it's all soaked in before you can flip the switch to the vacuum setting.
SO I have used it to stem a couple of spots from furniture, but it's completely useless for its stated and intended purpose.
Please, America, why can't you build us a good, simple, spot cleaner?

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money!!!, December 9, 2004
I bought this product thinking that for the price it would work wonders - boy was I wrong!!!! Sharper image claims that the steam option alone on the machine takes stains out of your carpet - you don't have to resort to carpet shampoos - what a joke!!! I have tried to get out an assortment of stains from my carpet, from dirt to wine, and I am disapointed every time! I have had cheaper steamers that did a better job then this product. The only thing that does work on this item is it's vacuum power.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!! BEST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!, April 26, 2004
By A Customer
I just bought this thing from Amazon and all I can say
is WOW!!!!
This is probably the best purchase I have ever made.
This thing is everything I ever expected and more!! It's
very easy to use as well!
I have bought other brands before, and this one just
blows everything else out of the water! I have to say,
everyone out there who is thinking of buying this, stop
thinking. I bought it and I am extremely happy with it
the moment I powered this thing on. YOU ABSOLUTELY
POSITIVELY CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS PURCHASE! I
GUARANTEE IT!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars cancel order, August 29, 2003
James L. Dragg (Hilltop Lakes,, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I want to cancel this order before it ships. I think I would perfer to buy new. Please cancel order asap: James Dragg

Rate and Discover Movies