4.0 out of 5 stars Cool idea, needs improvement
I bought these despite reading what everyone else had written- everything else is pretty accurate.
Doesn't write smoothly. I just bought them to fill in Scantron-type test forms for college. It won't write over its own lines, so it was very difficult to fill in the Scantron bubbles fully. I like the idea and hope they improve the product.
Published on December 21, 2012 by Doomspore

2.0 out of 5 stars No. 2 Pencil's Lame Cousin
Published on August 20, 2011 by Amy S.

2.0 out of 5 stars No. 2 Pencil's Lame Cousin, August 20, 2011
Amy S. "quirky one" (The Land of the Mullets With Tails- West of the Atlantic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharpie Liquid Pencil Mechanical Pencils, 2 Mechanical Pencils with Fashion Colored Barrels (1801865) (Office Product)
Whenever I am in a "Staples", I always crave a weird writing instrument. My husband and I oohed and ahhed over this product for twenty seconds, then I promptly forgot about it, only to later discover that he had indeed purchased it. It does not write entirely smoothly, and lotsa times the liquid lead just craps out. Comfy in hand, and erasers work great (I am guessing here that the fact that replacement erasers are included is because this "pencil" will have a lifespan as long as a regular household ballpoint pen), but I cannot endorse it because it will not allow me to endorse anything.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate these, March 15, 2012
The only reason I gave this a 1 is because I had too. This pencil is awfull it worked good for 2 minutes then it went dead. The ink came out in patches and Even though the eraser worked good get a regular mechanical penil they work a lot better than this crap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for prime time, February 4, 2013
Ditto to the other reviews. Product is like a ball point pen that uses "liquid lead" -- except the pen doesn't work. If you are writing on a single sheet of paper on a hard surface, it does somewhat OK. If you are writing in a notebook, on a pad of paper, or doing a crossword puzzle -- the "lead" comes out irregularly. I also don't like how much the "clickable" part of the pen/pencil flops around when in use. Bright colors, easy to grip, nice erasers (thus two stars) but poor performance.

We also recently purchased Sharpie gel highlighter pens. Neat idea, just like the pencils, but poor actual performance. It seems Sharpie is rushing to market with products that are great in concept but not ready for prime time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Product, November 28, 2014
I wish I would have heeded the other reviews before purchasing these "pencils" but I tried to remain optimistic. They are awful! I have never had any complaints about a Sharpie product and I use the Sharpie pens almost exclusively however these pencils do not work. They are just (supposedly) erasable pens in a fancy package. The writing skips and does not erase completely all the time. I spend too much time going back over what I have already written and am unable to keep up with note-taking in class. Please do not waste your money on this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only one worked, January 15, 2014
One pen is what I expected, but the other one skipped and wrote very poorly. These pens are difficult to find, so it was very disappointing to only have one that works.

2.0 out of 5 stars just ok, May 19, 2013
The writing with these were ok. The pencil like ink was not smooth and choppy. I much preferred my number 2 pencil or other mechanical pencils.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sharpie Liquid Pencil Mechanical Pencils, May 6, 2014
This product is not as good as advertised. a regular pencil works better than this item. would not recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rare poor product from Sharpie, May 26, 2014
The flow is stilted and works best when held 90º vertical – not very easy to use.
The eraser is great and ergonomically, the pen is faultless.
But what is the use in the extras working if the pen doesn't write properly?
A real shame, because it's a very cool idea

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool idea, needs improvement, December 21, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars inconsistent writing, December 18, 2012
I am usually very happy with all Sharpie items so I thought these would be no different. Unfortunately, I was wrong. These are reminiscent of "erasable pens" from my youth. The "ink" is very dry and writes poorly, if at all. And to get anything to come out of the pencil you have to press down very hard and even then the writing is very light. The only reason I give it 2 stars instead of one is that it truly does erase completely without a single trace.