Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Assorted Colors|Size: 2-Pack|Change
Price:$3.36+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Color: Assorted Colors|Size: 3-Pack|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like these markers! They write more evenly and smoothly than other metallic markers that I have tried in the past. They work exactly like a black Sharpie, including the fact that the tip will probably mash down in time like a black Sharpie. Nevertheless, if you are careful about how hard you press when writing, these should stay in good working condition for a good long time.

I tested these markers on different colored surfaces. Please bear in mind that throughout the test, I referred to the Bronze as being Copper. I guess that's because it looks more like copper than bronze to me...

The Bronze and the Gold show up well against a variety of different background colors. The Silver shows up best on black or very dark paper. Please see product images for the results of the tests.

These markers will be perfect for labeling or decorating Christmas or birthday gifts!
review image review image review image review image
11 comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2009
Sharpie makes a load of different color Sharpie markers, but none that comes out well against black, or similar dark background.

If you own brick power supplies, cables, DVD or BD players, many come in basic black. How do you label or mark these items, other than using white tape to write on with a black Sharpie?

Previously, the way to write on black was with a white paint or similar color oil based paint pen, made by Sharpie and others. These pens cost 3-4x more, dry out faster, need to be started before it writes, writes unevenly, but certainly was better than nothing.

Sharpie has succeeded in making a type of ink that provides a white like color, in this case silver. They did it by creating an ultra fine silverish powder dissolved in the same solvent used for their color markers. The result is a pen with ink that has all the same qualities as its standard markers, near the same cost, and the effectiveness of white paint on black backgrounds. But even more, the paint is more 'reflective' in low light conditions, creating a low cost reflector effect.

The metallic paint is as 'permanent' as the other markers, and eventually they do come off. But the pen is so easy to use, and cheap, that its effortless to re-write a label as needed.

What takes the ink off? Washing in hot water, constant rubbing, underwater submersion for multiple hours, extensively sunlight exposure, to name a few. But if the items are kept out of direct sunlight, and rarely touched, such as labels on items, it has remained on for years. I know, I've used Sharpies for over 10 years, and its the best marker pen I've used.

I buy black markers by the dozen. Its also really made in USA.
1616 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2010
I have been searching for something that would write on black cloth and finally found it. These pens work great on darker fabric and do not cause a mess, as some of the liquid pens, or paint do.
33 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2009
I am an employee at a National Computer Repair depot. We use these markers for silver surfaces. they dry quick, leave a thick coat and are more durable than the original paint job. If this color is a match for what your using it on, you wont be disappointed. We have used this on hard plastic and metal.
on November 4, 2012
My now-wife/then-fiancè bought this to use for addressing invitations that we sent out. Considering the ungodly cost of the invitations, the fact that I got two of these for like four bucks is great.

I want to write an acceptable review, although a person is limitied in what they can say regarding sharpies so here goes: these sharpies are the bomb. They're awesome. Why are they awesome, you say? Well first of all, they're cheap! And they shipped fast! And they came in unharmed! But I'd also like to add that they're metallic, and the fine point on them is great for writing. They're gold in color, too! I may or may not have possibly written notes to myself in them, feeling very Midas-like as I did so. The fine point pen makes them excellent for writing in big fonts or smaller handwriting. There was no smudging shortly after writing as you may find with other sharpie-like products. The Sharpie brand quality is definitely noticeable in the craftmanship.

If you need a sharpie, and it has to be fine point, and needs to be gold--or if perhaps you just like to write yourself lil' notes of encouragement while feeling like Midas--then this is the product for you! And they're excellently priced, too!
on January 1, 2011
If you like shiny things you'll like this. This is not flat silver, but glittery silver. People with a shiny affinity tend to have a shorter attention span so this needed to be stated first.

Writes on almost anything.. and if the ink sticks it is highly legible.

Perfect for labeling CD/DVD. Don't waste money on "special" disc burning label pens. I have used sharpies on burned CDs for many years and not a single damage issue.

I primarily use the silver sharpie to write notes on power bricks [for electronics]. While a twist-tie label can be removed by gremlins silver sharpie model-X, volt/amp Y information is there to stay forever.. or longer than anyone I know will live.

Another great pen -- not available in this item set -- is a UV ink pen. Those are great for [1] returning items to be sure you actually get a new item, and to [2] help others identify 'returned as defective' merchandise.

Silver sharpies have a similar use to UV pens: marking owneership, but in a not-subtle way. I have also used silver sharpie to mark items as defective before returning as defective.

Metal
rubber
plastic .. from saran to high density
sports gear
shoes
paper
skin
children
fingernails if you should be so inclined
hair
glass (yes, glass is a plastic)
cotton
synthetic clothing
elastic waistbands
party cups
post-it notes for high contrast
party gear [dj, lan, or otherwise]
playdo
drywall
painted walls
LCD screens :sigh:
other sharpie pens -- to discourage misplacement
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2009
I generally don't like markers, especially rarely-used ones as this metallic one. So, here, after one use, I sealed them back in the package.

Typically, markers then quickly dry out. After a year of storage, this still works!
on April 2, 2013
or at least the gold metallic one did. I haven't really used the other two (silver and bronze) markers yet, so I can't say much about how they work (or will die), but I was using the gold one to color leather on a pair of Nike sneakers. I was coloring over the neon yellow/green swoosh mark and I finished one shoe and was about to continue with the left pair the next day when the color wouldn't come out at all. I tried going over the previous days' coloring, but like another review said, it basically erased the color off the surface. It just came out very watery and unlike the original consistency. I had high hopes of DIY-ing the ugly neon swoosh, but now I'm left with one pretty, one ugly pair of shoes.

Update: Right after writing this review, I stared at the pen for some time and realized a phrase that I haven't seen before: Store tip down.... fail on my part since I had left the pens upright with the tips pointing up. Now that the gold Sharpie tip has been facing down for at least a day, the ink comes out like it should [: I'll leave another update when I continue my DIY project.
on November 28, 2012
These pens work really great on smooth dark surfaces, especially black plastics that nothing else will write on. The 3 colors look noticeably different from each other, so this 6-pack makes a good set.
VINE VOICEon August 22, 2012
I am a big Sharpie fan, and these are must-haves to me. Not only do they mark so well on dark colors, but they are super convenient (no shaking, no fuss, nothing). They work just like and are as convenient as regular Sharpie pens.

In addition to being able to write cool metallic ink on dark colors like black (and gold, too), etc., I also use these for touch-up pens!

While it is not a proper fix or as permanent as a regular repair, I can use the silver to touch up chips in my car's wheels. I can also use the gold and bronze to touch up furniture, lamps, belt buckles, etc. The trick is to wipe the metallic ink off the non-chipped/scraped area before it fully dries so that the Sharpie ink just covers the damaged portion. Sure, it may sound ghetto, but for a couple bucks, it can extend the life of many things or just make them look better.
review image