Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sharx Security VIPcella-IR SCNC2607 Wifi Wireless ..." and save 81% off the $399.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sharx Security VIPcella-IR SCNC2607 Wifi Wireless 802.11 b/g/n Security Network Camera with Infrared Night Vision
- Hi-Resolution Wifi b/g IP Network Camera with infrared night vision
- Full 30 fps MPEG4 video performance at 640 x 480 resolution with audio
- See streaming video on ATT, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile smartphones including iPhone and BlackBerry
- Motion detection or timed emails and FTP uploads
- Supports Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Linux, VLC, QuickTime, 3GPP
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.3 x 3.3 x 1.2 inches|
|Item Weight||0.4 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.8 pounds|
Read about our customers' top-rated security and surveillance products on our review page: Security and Surveillance
Top Customer Reviews
Not requiring any special software to access this camera is the single most important item for me. If you want to be able to log into a camera from anywhere in the world, on any machine that has a connection to the internet and a web browser of some type, this is the one. There is also an included application called "Multi Live" which allows you to view up to 4 cams in one window.
The camera itself was pretty easy to set up, and the image quality is superb! No tricky setup decisions are necessary by the user to decide what type of streams are available to whoever logs into it from whatever platform. If you log into it on an iPhone through Safari, the iPhone negotiates with the camera server software and automatically appends the URL with the "/en/mjpgmain.asp" extension. If logged in from Internet Explorer, the basic URL automatically appends the "en/avmain.asp" extension. All you need to do is type the URL of the camera into your browser and the rest is taken care of automatically.
Safari on the iPhone will not process the audio stream, but this is not a problem with the camera, it is a limitation with Safari. I have read that Safari on a Mac computer will also not process the audio stream. I have tried various iPhone applications to process the audio stream, without success. But the designer of IP Vision by TTrix software has written me that an upcoming version will process audio.Read more ›
|Length: 0:41 Mins|
This Sharx SCNC2607 is amazing and perfect for our baby cam. Great picture during the day and absolutely awesome images at night when there is no light in the baby's room! This was exactly what I was looking for when looking at the more expensive solutions such as Axis, Sanyo, etc (which were going to cost me over $500!). I was concerned that the Sharx would be of lower quality but I've been very pleasantly surprised...
Here are some benefits we've found by having the Sharx SCNC2607:
1. When Daddy is at work, I can keep a small window of the baby's room on my screen to see my little girl whenever I have a spare minute!
2. We have the camera setup as an icon on Mommy's iPhone so she can easily click on the camera and view the baby's crib. Whenever Mommy is away (and the Nanny, Grandparents, or Daddy is watching the baby) she can view into the room and see her little girl. Even inside the house we found that Mommy carries her iPhone around with her and its more convenient to have 1 consolidated device rather than also carrying around the Summer receiver.
3. We setup the Grandparents with an secure account to be able to look into the webcam and see their granddaughter anytime... We actually turned off the audio though to ensure we maintain some privacy in our conversations within the baby's room :)...
4. Screen size using the Sharx and the iPhone is 2x the Summer screen and has a much larger viewing angle.
So how hard is this to setup?Read more ›
You can download the firmware and software upgrades only from Y-Cam's website (which makes me believe that they are the original manufacturers of this product). On Y-Cam's site, click on "Downloads" on the left side. A page will load asking you to register; scroll down to where it says "Don't want to register?" and click the link to access the downloads. The firmware will be for the "Y-Cam Classic - 2nd Generation." From this page, you can also download the latest MultiLive program (free). MultiLive is the software bundled with the LTS version of this camera (I assume it's also bundled with the Sharx and Y-Cam version too). When I upgraded my camera's firmware to 3.38, it kept all my wifi , detection, and other settings, so that was nice.
For $160 (what I paid for the LTS version), this was an excellent buy. I don't think you can get any better than that. The night vision is great compared to any other sub-$200 IP Camera. The WIFI range is also good.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I caught a burglar with it. Seriously. Good thing I had it set to automatically email the pics because the burglar found it and tried to destroy it. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jerry Garcia
Compared to security cameras this is a bit complicatedPublished 13 months ago by abdulla Omar almajid
I was really excited about this camera at first because it seemed like it would be really easy to use and my exhaustive search of reviews seemed to indicate that this was exactly... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Green Monkey
This camera is fantastic and so is their customer service. I am not computer savvy so I setup an appointment via e-mail to have someone help me. Read morePublished 16 months ago by floresjl
The camera is easy to setup and use. The audio quality greatly exceeds other cameras (looking at you Foscam! Read morePublished on April 23, 2013 by throwback1986
I got two of these plus half of dozen Panasonic BL series cams. Yes, I know it would be cheaper to get one of those Swann camera set. Read morePublished on February 14, 2013 by Bobo
switch and bait; they will ship u 2900 model;
sold by securcam;ship via amazon;
hi def but much slower than 2607 !!! Read more
I purchased this camera almost exclusively based on the customer rating. I have found that most of the time, the rating accurately indicates how my experience with a product will... Read morePublished on July 4, 2012 by John M. Petersen