5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Angels....
I bought this on a whim of mine, but usually those are the ones I end of loving. Though as I was watching the ending I kept thinking "Hey I feel like I've watched this before." So maybe it wasn't a whim at all...

Published on November 15, 2010 by Moon

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings - Good ending
Published 21 months ago by B. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Angels...., November 15, 2010
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)

The story is original enough, guy creates weapons (angels) to do the dirty work of fighting. Realizes that some people won't stop at just peace and would want more, guy tries to eliminate them all, guy dies in process and leaves his little brother in charge of it.

What I loved about it what that nothing was really that simple, there are secret and lies. It was the first anime that made me cry at the end, not because it was "oh, so sad" but because I'm a sucker for guys crying and it felt genuine.

The main character Kuu, didn't ask enough questions if you ask me. But maybe everyone is different. But you could see that by the end she grew as a character.

All in all, it was good and art is very beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michaela, April 20, 2009
This anime is a tear jerker. I loved it but the ending was very sad like Kannazuki No Miko. If you enjoy romance animes that don't turn out like their suppose to then get this if you want the anime to be heartfelt but everything is as it should happen all happy then don't get this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings - Good ending, March 26, 2013
B. Green (Westport, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)
I would have given this anime two stars; however, the ending was nicely done - I have to amid it made me cry. The lead female character was underdeveloped and immature. The male lead was more likable as well as some other characters. The anime fell short in plot development and presentation of material. There was some beautiful scenes; however, most of the series was slow and uninteresting. It was confusing at times but did clear up a lot of things at the end. The end was beautiful and heart wrenching!

The story starts with a girl who meets a boy who reminds her of her "prince". The boys is on a mission to destroy dangerous weapons known as "angels" accompanied by his own "angel". The girls gets caught up in his mission and learns more about her past. Secrets and lies are revealed and characters must decided what they will sacrifice to get what they want.

15$ is a good price for an complete series and while this is not one of the better anime it is entertaining and the end makes it worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!, July 30, 2010
Being a major fan of Kannazuki No Miko and having learned of the slight character reference I just had to buy this. I'm glad I did! Although I'm not one for so much romance and men that turn out to be super jerks (I won't say who, can't spoil it for any of you :D) Anyway, ranting aside, though there were a few moments that did just out and out piss me off, this is one of those animes that you just can't help but get so into it to the point that you're screaming things at your t.v. I would recommend this to really ANY anime fan ^^

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow. . ., January 8, 2012
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)
I bought this anime upon hearing the general premise, and seeing the trailer, which shows off how beautiful the animation and coloring is. I must say, however, that's about all this series has going for it.
The plot is dodgy, at best. The main character is beyond irritating, constantly going on about her 'prince' and she seemingly knows nothing, one of those mary-sues that has nothing going for her but everyone loves her for it. Also there is no character development anywhere in sight. Of course the main character that's naive and clumsy ends up being the "super secret power" that can save them all!
Putting all this aside, it's downright cheesy. There's shoujo sparkles everywhere, it's disturbingly over dramatic at least a little in every episode, and the way the dialogue is written does nothing but make it ten times worse.
I grew up being obsessed with shoujo - so I've seen a fair amount of lol-worthy sparkle and field-full-of-flowers scenes, but this series takes it to a new level that had me between boughts of vomiting and crying from laughing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Done. Needs to be longer though., October 19, 2012
KevinB "The Honey Badger" (High Point, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)
Kuu is enrolled in a new school. She learns that many of the students have powers to materialized weapons similar to mecha. There are fights occurring all over the place. A young man named Kyoshiro transfers in and bears a strong resemblance to a man that she sees in her dreams. After saving her from a battle they begin to have a strong relationship.

This anime reminded me a lot of My-Hime. It has a very similar story line. The animation in this series is way better though. It's done very beautifully. All the way from the character designs, to the coloration and backgrounds. Like My-Hime it is a very touching and emotional story. The ending is especially tearful. My only complaint about this series is the length. It's amazing that they were able to fit so much emotion into a short series, but if it had been longer it may have bordered on epic. I don't like the word "epic" because it's used way too much, but this story would have been if it had been a bit more in depth. That being said Shattered Angels is a really good anime at a great price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)
I bought this since it was cheap. This anime was boring and just dragged on. The end almost made no sense. Do not waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent, trully one of the best, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)
It is one of the best anime I have seen in a while. The story, while seemingly predictable, has a few twists and turns at the end. I would recommend this series to anyone who I know loves the genre. While there are some people I know who could find fault with it, I have nothing bad to say, and those people I just mentioned can find fault with anything as long as they are breathing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story anime, October 25, 2010
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)
Though it's only twelve episodes, Shattered Angels is a great anime series. The best stories have love at their core, and so does this one. It doesn't leave you hanging with questions at the end, either (just be sure to watch through the credits for the full ending). Great story, definitely recommend watching it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy tragedy, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (DVD)
I really thought this was similar to Air but somehow it was only similar along the plot lines although a lot of you would disagree. I just found it a bit hard to imagine how an "angel" let alone and Absolute Angel could be a human's "sword". Anyways, I loved this anime and the drama. I'm glad there was close to no comedy in this one (except for that Absolute Angel who was a cat girl, I forgot her name) because that would defeat the purpose of the mood set. The lead characters are Kyoshiro and Kuu and there is a third wheel who happens to be Setsuna, Kyoshiro's Absolute Angel sword.
Absolute Angels can serve a human as a weapon of defense or offense hence they are referred to as swords. They suddenly transform into these robots to defend their masters. There is little "science" and "mechanics" involved because I believe this is purely in the realm of magic so don't expect any fancy mechanical terms mentioned like other mecha animes.
I rarely watch animes subbed. I love the voices of the English cast. They were appropriately chosen for the characters especially for Kuu and Kyoshiro. I also thought the voice of Kyoshiro's siblings were appropriately casted.
This series though is not for younger kids. They gave it a rating of TV 14 but I think it should be for those 16 above because of scenes of nudity and same sex undertones (hmmm, probably not undertones but I will leave it up to viewer to decide). But for shouju anime lovers I think you'll enjoy the joy of new love blooming between the lead and the heartbreak between the male lead and the female third wheel. I said this was a happy tragedy because it is (you have to watch it to figure it out). The series also leaves you guessing about Kuu and what she really is and why Kyoshiro goes to all this length to keep her by his side. It also throws several surprises at the viewer including this reviewer.

Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection
Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection by Jin Ho Chung (DVD - 2010)
$19.98 $12.99