Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

83%
17%
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 23, 2009
This is a must read these days as our country is roiled in the heated debate over the future of America's health care system. The dangers of nationalized health care are so great and this book spells them out perfectly by using real life examples to which we can all relate. Seriously get this for yourself and all your friends...the issues this text lays out are important both for each individual American and the future of the nation as a whole. We can learn so much from the mistakes of other countries--let us not repeat them.
on November 5, 2009
Why aren't stories like this covered more in the U.S. media? As we debate whether to give the government more power over our health care, we can learn a lot from the countries that have already done so - often to their detriment. Government doesn't often solve problems, but it can make them worse, much worse, as these 100 heartbreaking stories attest.

"Shattered Lives" is an invaluable resource. Buy. Read. Share.
on November 5, 2009
Real stories from real people who have suffered the consequences of government-run health care. Their misfortune is a wake up call for those who believe the government knows what's best for you and your family. This book is an eye opener. To individuals who believe in freedom, buy this book and give it someone who does not.
on November 9, 2009
Thank you, Ms. Ridenour and Mr. Balis for putting this book together! There has been (and continues to be!) so much conjecture in this never-ending battle over health care; it's important for Americans to be aware of the dangers of a government-run program. These unbelievable accounts are presented in a way that allows the reader to empathize with the stories' subjects and view health care on both logical and emotional levels. This collection is certainly sobering, but necessarily so--it grounds the issue with its authenticity. Certainly, these narratives speaks against socialized medicine, but even if someone (somehow!) manages to walk away from it, still championing the public option, perhaps these stories will guide them in engineering a better plan for America. Reading Shattered Lives is the responsible thing to do so that we don't fall victim to a poorly-organized system.
on November 12, 2009
If you've watched any of the TV news channels, you've undoubtedly seen commercials featuring someone who was hurt by government-run health care in another country. Just one? Well, this book provides 100 more stories of the problems inherent in placing a bloated bureaucracy in charge of something as important as peoples' medical well-being. Painstakingly footnoted, this book is an incredible reference for anyone involved -- or simply interested in -- the ongoing debate over the future of health care in our nation.
on November 21, 2010
I have terminal brain tumors. I worked hard all my life and paid into the system. My government refuses me all health care. It has left me for dead and not a single representative cares. I have moved to other states in hope of finding care but to no avail. If I was a dug addict or an illegal immigrant I would be cared for. But my government willfully, by intent and design is killing me. Because they screwed me, my family and I lost my house. We live in a hotel room, weeks away from homelessness. God Bless America, but damn the government to hell!