Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2008 8:01:17 PM PST
Leah Turner says:
Don't they have ENOUGH money? Or does the little woman just want to try to prove she has the ability to actually try and steal $ on her own?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 9:50:25 AM PST
Colleen10014 says:
This is a woman who married a guy for his money (Eric Nederlander), cheated on him right after the honeymoon, dumped him for a bigger bank account (Jerry Seinfeld) and years later told the New York Times a version of her divorce that was so patently false, people all over the city were laughing at her. I don't think Jessica Seinfeld is capable of being ashamed - especially not for something like plagiarism.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2008 10:07:41 PM PST
More importantly does anyone believe someone who lives in a $40 million mansion
in the hamptons actually do her own cooking? I think it's a joke. I hope they remove the book off the shelf and Opray apologizes for pushing Jessica's book and return the 20 pairs of expensive shoes to jessica for making her book #1.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2008 7:40:35 AM PST
bookaholic says:
Shame? Please. Nina/Jessica Sklar Nederlander Seinfeld wouldn't recognize shame if her chef served it to her for lunch.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 10:06:38 AM PST
G. Recipient says:
Jessica Seinfeld: "Shame? I wonder what shame is... I must ask my butler to look it up in the dictionary. Although it sounds like a word the little people would use, not me."

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2008 12:24:37 PM PDT
Oh you guys crack me up! But everything you all have said is just what my daughter and I were thinking and talking about as we compared the two books, DD and SC.
We borrowed them both from the library to decide which one we might like better.
We thought it was weird that DD was published the same year and by a celebrity's wife?
Anyway, my daughter thought the Sneaky Chef recipes looked better and were put together much more effectively. I agree 100% !! I understand wanting the spiral bound feature but the recipes are more important.

BTW, she probably didn't steal the recipes. She just happened to have the same idea for purees and hiding them in the recipes. Oh so silly...He,he, love sarcasm..
Hope to see Sneaky Chef rise above all of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2008 5:35:10 PM PDT
Sarah says:
UES, how do you know she married her first husband and her current husband for their bank accounts? Ever occur to you that maybe she was at one point in love with her first husband only to quickly fall out of love with him? It's called drifting apart, think about it before you assassinate someone's character over a lawsuit. Furthermore, how do you even know that the "version of her divorce was so patently false, people all over the city were laughing at her"? She's probably telling her side of it, there are two sides to every story whether you like it or not. Who are you to determine if she's capable of being ashamed, whether or not she allegedly plagiarized(it has to be proven by a court before you can stick the scarlet label to her)? She probably isn't ashamed because maybe she didn't plagiarize Ms. Chase-Lapine's book. Once more, there are two sides to every situation, this lawsuit is one of them. Mrs. Seinfeld probably published her book with the intent of helping someone, not knowing that she could be sued for plagiarism. Ms. Chase-Lapine previously published a book on the same subject and she probably saw something or noticed enough similarities that aroused her suspicion and possibly were sufficient grounds for a plagiarism lawsuit. You don't have to like the author of this book, but do you really think you're any better than she is by assassinating her character.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2008 2:47:07 PM PDT
G. Recipient says:
No one has committed "character assassination." If anything, Jessica committed "character suicide" when she took off with Seinfeld weeks after coming back from her honeymoon. "Drifting apart?" She probably didn't have time to develop the honeymoon photos before cheating on her husband!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 2:11:43 PM PDT
bobcat says:
I would find out the facts before you are so quick to defend her...unless you think its ok to "drift apart" from your husband and cheat on him with a celebrity MERE WEEKS after getting married. nice.
I think that actually says a lot about someone's character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008 12:22:55 PM PST
Ann Romney says:
look this is all about publishing and its lost ethics. publishing was once a place of honesty and now is just about wholesale literary theft. you can't have a manuscript circulate without a waterd down version of it being stole and produced at some other publishing house. new authors?! ha. you are primetime for stealing by the editors and their friends. this is a good example. look at the new book that starbucks is doing: the traveler, IMHO it is such a blatant ripoff of the little prince that it is ridiculous. starbucks should be embarrassed as should the so-called authors.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 12:58:57 PM PST
R. Armstrong says:
You're right, Ann. I have no doubt Seinfeld plagiarized Lapine, but she's not the only guilty party here. Her agent (who has a shady reputation) and the publishing house that turned down Lapine's book only to hire Seinfeld a few months later should be under scrutiny as well.

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 2:50:34 PM PDT
JR Corry says:
Bobcat, a woman's marital habits do not affect her ability to write a book. What a lovely bunch of gossips.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food
Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food by Jessica Seinfeld (Hardcover-spiral - October 1, 2007)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (1,072)