5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for shaving not so great for hair
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 11, 2011
A. Allen (Baltimore, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shea Moisture ORGANIC Coconut & Hibicus Curl & Shine Shampoo 13 oz.(384 ml) (Misc.)
I have very dry hair and love this shampoo. Very, very hydrating. This is most definitely not a clarifying shampoo. I did not even need a leave-in conditioner after using it. My hair was shiny and soft and detangled! Bonus...it springs your curls up immediately giving them definition. If you are looking for a replacement for the old Creme of Nature shampoo formula in the red and white bottle, please try this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product but why so expensive here?, September 27, 2011
I love this shampoo. It makes my hair feel and smell wonderful. It has the added benefit of being free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, just to name a few. I'm curious as to why the price is so exorbitant when you can buy this same size at Target or Walgreens (retail and online) for $9.99 per bottle?!

ETA-The question re: price is related to the seller that has this product listed for over $30.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean and Smelling Good!, August 1, 2011
I love the way this shampoo smells. It works well after you have sweated your hair from working out, swimming or other activities, without stripping it. It is silky but cleansing, and leaves your hair smelling 'good enuf to eat!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly, October 15, 2011
I LOVE this product! This shampoo, as well as the curl enhancing smoothie and the shine & hold mist, are my holy grail products. This shampoo is very concentrated so you only need a small amount. I take about a quarter-sized amount in my palm, mix it with water, and apply to my hair. The lather that I get is amazing, which surprised me because it's sulfate-free. I get just as much lather, if not more, as I do with a sulfate shampoo. I leave the product in my hair to absorb, then follow with my conditioner. I have gotten so many compliments on my hair since using this. The difference is noticeable. I can't wait to try the moisture retention shampoo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shampoo, March 23, 2011
I've been using this shampoo for the past few months and I love it. I'm newly natural, but even during my transition I noticed how soft it made both my natural and relaxed hair feel. It leaves my hair clean, soft, my scalp isn't dry and it seems to enhance my curls a little. This is definitely a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's MUCH cheaper at Target, May 3, 2012
L. Brooks "L B" (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
This shampoo is excellent! It does not define curls, but rather unravels them. I like that. No detangler is necessary since this shampoo detangles.

Also, the Shea Moisture line of products are $9.99 a piece at Target.

5.0 out of 5 stars detangles, September 19, 2012
I never had a shampoo that detangles my 2c/3b hair like this one. Actually, no shampoo that I know straightens the curl unless its a conditioner, so I give this 5 stars. Plus, I like the fact that there are no chemicals or minerals that will hurt my hair. I am very impressed and I recommend this to all my natural or curly sisters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best i have ever used, January 27, 2014
Other shampoos strip my hair so badly that I can't detangle while they are in my hair I must use a conditioner to be able to detangle . this is the first shampoo I came across which allows me to be able to detangle my hair so well that I double checked the label to make sure it wasn't a conditioner.I read so many good reviews and wondered what was the the big deal and thought "chill people it's just a shampoo",now I understand it is heaven in a bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mommy of 3, March 26, 2014
This product really goes with my 2 4 and 7 year olds hair makes it soft easy to comb smell so good and grows there hair when I use it consistently and I Lovee it on my permed hair also so much good conditioning I get from this I just wish it was cheaper but good stuff

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for shaving not so great for hair, December 24, 2013
Amazon Customer "thumper17" (shoals, in United States) - See all my reviews
Honestly i got this for 10 bucks at my local pharmacy. I wanted to find more natural products for my body. I tried this for about two weeks washing my hair every third day which is my norm. I was careful and it didnt tangle any worse than usual (i have very thick long hair). It smells incredible! Very natural scent (im sensitive to most artificial parfumes). After two weeks my hair seemed oily and the last straw was when it would no longer hold curl from my curling iron. However, this stuff is great for shaving. I used to itch and have to use jojoba on my legs after shaving. With this i dont and my legs feel incredibly smooth for about a day. It takes less than a dime sized amount to do one leg and i also use it on bikini line.