I use Shea Moisture Purification Masque to deep condition my super dense, kinky coily, Afro-textured hair. It has super duper slip, imparts tons of moisture to my hair and smells like ripe plantains (Yum!).The second ingredient is coconut oil--an oil scientifically proven to penetrate hair strands.

To deep condition, I apply coconut oil to my freshly washed...
Published on November 19, 2011 by Lifeisagift1990

3.0 out of 5 stars This product is great, BUT the seller....
Published on January 30, 2012 by Otakusachi "Sachi"

5.0 out of 5 stars Best detangler and deep conditioner for my Afro-textured hair!, November 19, 2011
This review is from: Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Purification Hair Masque (Health and Beauty)

To deep condition, I apply coconut oil to my freshly washed hair followed by SM Purification Masque on top (This boosts my hair's moisture levels AND saves product). Then, I cover my hair with a plastic cap and deep condition for 20-30 minutes on low-heat under my hooded dryer.

Shea Moisture Purification Masque is a staple in my hair care routine -- all other conditioner pale in comparison. I buy it from Walgreens -- I stock up during the BOGO sales that happen every couple of months. I hope they never stop making it.

Ingredients: Water, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Avocado Oil, African Black Soap Extract, Sea Salt, Cetyl Esters, Kaolin Clay, Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Salicylic Acid, Willow Bark Extract, Neem Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Sorbitol Esters, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Plantain Extract, Honeysuckle Flower Extract, Japanese Honeysuckle Flower Extract

3.0 out of 5 stars This product is great, BUT the seller...., January 30, 2012
You can get it from Walgreens for much cheaper. I don't know why the seller is charging such a high mark up on this, plus an extra $11.00 on shipping. I love Amazon and usually come here first for items, but I was looking to see if I could repurchase this here like with the rest of my beauty items, and I came across this. The same Masque, at the SAME size is only 9.99 at walgreens. It's the same everything. One of the best points about the shea moisture line is that it's low priced for very high value, and beyond affordable enough to be a standard in your beauty regimen. A little bit also really goes a long way with this line, so you won't have to worry about eating through it quickly. If you can't find this at a more reasonable price on here from a different seller, then buy it from walgreens or the walgreens website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best detangling best smelling conditioner!!!, December 4, 2011
nutritionmom (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I love most Shea Moisture products, but some of the hair products that work well have scents that leave much to be desired. I am sensitive to synthetic scents but love a great smelling product. Not so with this hair purification mask. It smells delicious!
I used it to help my itchy braids and it worked well. I used it on my 6 year old daughter's tangle prone hair and she did not cry at all ( for once in 6 years). It detangles thick hair beautifully and leaves a wonderful healthy shine to the hair.
Most Shea Moisture products are $10 or less at Target and Walgreens.
A fair trade certified product that smells and works great for a great price. It does not get any better. You will not be disappointed with purchase of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deep Conditioner Hands Down!, November 27, 2011
Now, this DC has AWESOME slip! As soon as you apply it, it just MELTS the tangles away! And when you rinse it out, it's still soft and detangled. I just love this condish! I just wish you could leave it in. ~.~ But if you get the Balancing Condish from this line, you can leave it in and it does the same thing!

I highly recommend! I'm telling you, it's the best deep condish you'll ever use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Stuff!, September 2, 2012
I started off with the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner. I loved the shampoo and the conditioner wasn't the best but I was invested enough to try the rest of their line. Walgreens had a BOGO (Buy one get one free) sale so I bought this the purification mask, the black soap shampoo, the hibiscus milk and my favorite shea butter shampoo. I love this stuff! I read a review on Walgreens that said this product gives you hair enough slip that it practically detangles itself. I decided to try it as a pre poo detangler and I am thrilled with the results! This product has lessened my detangling time. You can work through just about anything with this stuff. I generally use a wide tooth comb but it seems to be even more effective if you finger detangle.

The Shea Moisture products have been a hit or miss for me. I love the Shea Butter Shampoo and Deep Conditioner Treatment, The Black Soap Purification Masque, and The Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Also the shea moisture line is sold in stores and on their respective websites (walgreens and target) for 9.99, so don't let them price gouge you here! Walgreens offers free shipping for all orders over $25. I always get my shea moisture stuff from walgreens

3.0 out of 5 stars This is good but make sure it hasn't ben tampered with, April 16, 2014
Nikki (Brooklyn, New York) - See all my reviews
I like a few of shea moisture products even though the majority of them don't work for me. But, I've noticed alot are returned to the shelves after being returned to the stores so I have to be careful and inspect each jar before purchasing. This is one of a few brands where I am running into hair in jars, on the rim, product gushed out on the sides of the lid, products half way filled, mold and other products inside the containers. While shopping in target I saw someone had put a light green cream in the jar of their raw shea shampoo and a dark brown cream in the black soap conditioner that has a pump. So many times I've found hair in jars of their curling souffle which I use as a serum and the only product outside conditioner that keeps scissors away from my ends. And the purification masque I find that when it is not light grey, creamy , smooth, semi-thick like fresh cake batter with black specs that remind me of ground pepper; it doesn't work the same. Instead when I get the ugly, clumpy, appears to be seperating in the jar purpple tinted greyish/brown stuff it not only doesn't smell of banannas but it just sits on my hair. My hair is left neither soft, clean, or detangled.

The company needs to start vacum sealing their products before someone gets sick or loses their hair or something and files suit. I complained to walgreens, targets, cvs, walmart and am tired of buying their stuff having to be paranoid that I'm getting a return or something someone played in while shopping in the aisle. Other wise this is not "deeply" cleasing or moisturising and only decent for detangling. It's good when I plan to clarify with something else (I use terressentials-shampoo matts my 4b mid back length afro hair). And unlike most conditioners this doesn't leave a film. I will continue to use this and their curling souffle when I can find them and they appear to not have been tampered with and have the fragrant smells and appearances I'm use to. But, otherwise I feel like I'm back to square one when it comes to products I use religiously for my hair. I now wash only once a month b/c I can't easily find the shea moisture products I use ( purification masque and curling souffle) that don't appear to be tampered with.

FYI if their curling souffle isn't sweet smelling and thin, loose, and smooth like honey I run. That clumpy stuff with the musty smell I refuse to buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, January 21, 2014
The product gets 5 stars but the rip off price from this seller gets 0 stars. I was very aware of the higher price I paid for this when I bought it but I didn't have a choice since no one sells it in my area and at the time drugstore.com and walgreens.com was sold out. This product is overpriced by 7-8.00 and that's just ridiculous. I will definitely not be ordering this from Amazon anymore. If I can't find it in stock else where I will just have to wait or go without!!

5.0 out of 5 stars when I was completely natural the product was too heavy so I searched to find something much better. I always feel like the tric, September 14, 2014
Imara219 (Chapel Hill, NC) - See all my reviews
I used SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Conditioner Masque in the past, for my damaged relaxed hair it did wonders. However, when I was completely natural the product was too heavy so I searched to find something much better. I always feel like the trick with SheaMoisture is that you use the products as described; however, I didn't have any scalp issues but decided to give this a try.

1. Leaves the hair feeling like butter (soft). I do not apply heat to my hair. I leave it on between 30-45mins with a cap.
2. Detangles and has amazing slip
3. Re-hydrates my curls and has my entire head of hair popping. Each strand will be hydrated, moist and defined
4. Does have a strong smell, but I became used to it after the first use
5. Doubles as a scalp treatment, so you can apply directly to the scalp and massage. Will reduce itchy scalp
6. Little bit goes a long way
7. Has clay in it so, it can double for one of those clay masque treatments like terressentials. Also, can use as a substitute for the clay masque in the Maximum Hydration Challenge many Type 4 hair beauties are doing.
8. Has clay in it so do not use it as a styler. This is different from other SheaMoisture deep treatment masques

All around I love the product. I cannot see myself using another. I might give SheaMoisture Superfruit Masque a try by spring/summer as a way to give my hair a break, but only if I tell that I need to do that. All in all, in love with this product.

If it's good to know I have 4a fine, dense hair with low porosity.

4.0 out of 5 stars shea moisture purification masque, December 28, 2011
I have thick coarse natural hair and this product made my hair so soft and it was easy to detangle. It also gave me a tingling feeling
to my scalp. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, but...., September 10, 2014
Do yourself a favor and look for it in your local beauty supply store, Target, and/or Walmart. I've used this product several times before with great results. This was my first time purchasing it through Amazon, and only did so because it was convenient as I ordered a few items. I received my shipment today.First thing I noticed right out of the box is the color which is usually white, but this stuff is dark brown. Also, the tamper seal was missing, and it's watery. For whatever reason this product didn't qualify for a refund or replacement so it will be going in the trash. Lesson learned - I will never order this online again. I'll make the extra trip to buy locally.

Rate and Discover Movies