4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for a mini umbrella..
I needed a small, compact umbrella that didn't take up lots of space in my bag. This fit the bill. I had heard of Shedrain brand for years and was happy to find they were still in production. I don't think it would hold up in a tornado but for the daily showers we get in Seattle, this fits the bill...:))
Published 16 months ago by B. S. Demuth

1.0 out of 5 stars For the love of... just don't buy this
The reviews below cannot be from real customers. This umbrella broke within ONE light use--the pin on the metal support fell out. You get what you pay for guys, super flimsy and should not leave a child's play room. Luckily Amazon's return policy is excellent.

Staying away from "ShedRain", no matter what the price.
Published 6 months ago by Mike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for a mini umbrella.., April 21, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it so far, never seen it flipping it open, November 19, 2013
Loving it so far, gifted this to my Dad in India - where we have a monsoon season where rain and wind are almost a daily affair. My dad is very happy with this and used this on a daily basis, it never flips open, easy to close and open

1.0 out of 5 stars For the love of... just don't buy this, January 29, 2014

Staying away from "ShedRain", no matter what the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars It flips...., January 10, 2014
It flips inside out. Very weak. I ordered it because of price + color, and I like that it's light weight. However, last week when it rained a lot... the umbrella flips continuously and I got frustrated. You souldn't have a problem if it's a mild raining day with no wind. It will also be fine if you can always walk in the opposite direction from blowing wind. I'm just keeping it because I already used it.

5.0 out of 5 stars compact, February 7, 2014
toddfman (Orlando Fl. USA) - See all my reviews
fits in backpack well and does not get in the way. easy to open and close and dries very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, May 15, 2014
The material was quite fragile, even for a cheap umbrella. I have had it for about 30 days, and I think I must have used it on 10 days. And today, it just broke. The rod/handle of the umbrella just broke from the "dome".

Really disappointed. Not recommended at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 5, 2014
J. Saloom (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
nothing special but it seems to be holding up and the price is right.

3.0 out of 5 stars A disposable umbrella .... good price, works well, not really built to last, August 7, 2014
This is a $10 including shipping Made in China mini umbrella. Let's just say you're not going to be leaving this thing in your will to your kids. If you are lucky, it will last one season. It looks like any other cheap umbrella on the inside... some loose threads and lots of metal parts that fit together in somewhat only an umbrella engineer can figure out, and if one of those breaks the whole thing goes kablooey. So far mine hasn't broken but it's just a matter of time... I can't imagine this standing up to a windstorm and will likely just carry it around in the rain hidden in my bag so it doesn't get damaged, and I'll get soaked. Sort of defeats the purpose of an umbrella.

OK I'm being a bit tongue in cheek but this is what I'd refer to as a "street umbrella"... the kind that the vendors sell by the subway station entrances around the world at the first drop of rain. In Hong Kong I bought one just like this for $20HKD which is about $3 in US dollars. So I'm guessing they cost about $1 to make and the rest is profit and shipping.

What do I like? It opens and closes fairly easily, and it will fit in my shoulder bag that I wear when my partner and I are on holiday, which we are about to do in a place where it rains a lot (I'm also ordering mosquito repellent, but that's a different review). If all goes well, this will work the length of the trip and probably not much longer, ending up in a garbage can in our hotel room the last night. If it lasts longer than that, I'll update this review with the miraculous news.

Bottom line, an umbrella that will likely last you a few storms, but not one that is priced or built to last.

Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on First Use, May 10, 2014
I never got to use this! The cheap connecting plastic at the top broke the first time I tried to open in. Completely disconnecting the "pole" from the "hood"

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014