Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 21, 2013
I needed a small, compact umbrella that didn't take up lots of space in my bag. This fit the bill. I had heard of Shedrain brand for years and was happy to find they were still in production. I don't think it would hold up in a tornado but for the daily showers we get in Seattle, this fits the bill...:))
on January 10, 2014
It flips inside out. Very weak. I ordered it because of price + color, and I like that it's light weight. However, last week when it rained a lot... the umbrella flips continuously and I got frustrated. You souldn't have a problem if it's a mild raining day with no wind. It will also be fine if you can always walk in the opposite direction from blowing wind. I'm just keeping it because I already used it.
on January 29, 2014
The reviews below cannot be from real customers. This umbrella broke within ONE light use--the pin on the metal support fell out. You get what you pay for guys, super flimsy and should not leave a child's play room. Luckily Amazon's return policy is excellent.

Staying away from "ShedRain", no matter what the price.
on May 15, 2014
The material was quite fragile, even for a cheap umbrella. I have had it for about 30 days, and I think I must have used it on 10 days. And today, it just broke. The rod/handle of the umbrella just broke from the "dome".

Really disappointed. Not recommended at all.
on January 24, 2015
At first the umbrella worked fine, but within a few days the whole thing fell apart. The umbrella rod broke, the opening function was not working, and the metal pieces around the dome area broke & became detached, leaving the umbrella to look droopy.
"Lifetime use" is false advertisement.
"Engineered to resist windy conditions" is very untrue as this umbrella turns inside out almost every time the wind blows regardless if the wind is gentle or harsh.
If you want a cheap umbrella for short-time use, this one is fine, otherwise don't bother wasting your money.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2013
Loving it so far, gifted this to my Dad in India - where we have a monsoon season where rain and wind are almost a daily affair. My dad is very happy with this and used this on a daily basis, it never flips open, easy to close and open
on October 13, 2014
first of all, where I am living right now it rains A LOT especially around this time of the year, so it's absolutely necessary to have an umbrella here. So when I got the umbrella it felt flimsy like it would break but I just closed my eyes a persevered. anyway, the first two times I used it it held up okay did all the things you'd expect of an umbrella, but the third time I used it I felt water coming through the top of the umbrella and onto my head! I was getting kind of mad at this point, but here's the best part the fourth time I brought it out, the umbrella half FALLS OFF THE HANDLE AND ONTO THE GROUND. so take a wild guess who had to walk back home soaking wet? someone who would advise any and everyone NEVER to buy this umbrella.
on May 10, 2014
I never got to use this! The cheap connecting plastic at the top broke the first time I tried to open in. Completely disconnecting the "pole" from the "hood"
on March 19, 2015
I've owned other ShedRain umbrellas that were well made so I disregarded the negative posts - that was a mistake! This is the cheapest umbrella and it looks like it is going to break the first time I use it. It also is not automatic and does not want to stay up.
on March 31, 2014
This umbrella was a terrific price, the reviews were okay and I was planning to use it for a simple trip. It just arrived in the mail and it looks fine so I happily opened it up BUT now I had a problem. It was very difficult to close. I did not see any other review that said this, but honestly I would not want to try closing this umbrella with wet hands or while I was opening a door or in any situation other than in my living room with lots of time and space. It closes in a strange way with very small release buttons. I am returning it and will now happily pay a few more dollars for a different umbrella.

See 1 answered question