5.0 out of 5 stars Sheep in a Jeep
This is one of the most delightful children's books I have ever read. My two and a half year old and almost six year old both love the rhyming, hilarious story about sheep cramming themselves into a jeep and the misadventures that follow. It's a perfect book for both little ones and kids learning how to read.
Published on August 19, 2000 by Carol D. Frazier

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version
Published on October 2, 2010 by Kellie

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheep in a Jeep, August 19, 2000
Carol D. Frazier (Chandler, AZ United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheep in a Jeep, February 4, 2000
Chaus (Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SHEEP IN A JEEP (Paperback)
My daughter is 16 years old and we are looking for a first vehicle. This morning we discussed a Jeep and she lite up exclaiming, "OH MOM! Remeber that wonderful book "Sheep in a Jeep?" That was my favorite book when I was a kid. Do we still have it somewhere? I hope you kept it forever. It is the best kids book every written." I then suggested that we didn't want her ending up in a heap like the sheep and we all had a good laugh while the 15 year old began to quote the book from memory. Today I find myself on the Internet seeing if it is still available. She is right, we have to have a copy since it is certainly an important part of our family history. I am sure all children will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beep! Beep! Sheep in a Jeep, August 19, 2002
TundraVision (o/~ from the Land of Sky Blue Waters o/~) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sheep in a Jeep (Board book)
If the mark of an excellent children's (or any) book, is familiarity and quotability, then these Sheep and their Jeep are indeed worthy. I have found myself, in my Jeep, after an icy patch, in a snowbank, sharing the sheeps' dilemma and chanting catchy rhymes from their wonderfully riotous roadtrip: "Oh Dear! The driver sheep forgets to steer!"
The author and illustrator are in perfect harmony and this Board Book is joy for preschoolers and those who read to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun fun fun!, July 11, 2000
This review is from: Sheep in a Jeep (Board book)
My son loves the sheep books. The alliteration and rhyming combined with the hilarious pictures of five completely incompetent sheep trying to drive a jeep, who end up in a mud puddle to then be helped by pigs with tatoos, only to soon end up in a heap, is great fun. The premise is so bizarre that the kids I know who have read it, or been read to, sit on edge and can't wait to turn the page. The Sheep books are truly a treasure. My son has enjoyed them since he was 2 and one half. The book is relatively short and you and your child should be laughing by the end. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very witty story about some bumbling sheep., May 24, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: SHEEP IN A JEEP (Paperback)
My 22 mo. old went crazy over this book when we first read it together. It is very well written, using words that aren't commonly found in toddler books. She can now finish many of the lines when we read it together and she really enjoys the illustrations. I liked these sheep so much I bought some of the companion books as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheep are funny, March 12, 2004
This review is from: Sheep in a Jeep (Board book)
My son and I picked this up at the library and ended up enjoying it enough to get a copy for ourselves along with copies of Sheep in a Shop and Sheep on a Ship. They're short, fun rhyming books with lovely illustrations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version, October 2, 2010
This review is from: Sheep in a Jeep (Kindle Edition)
I was excited to get this book for my son due to the great reviews. This review only applies to the Kindle version. I don't know how it would look on the Kindle DX. I have the Kindle 2. To me, the book is unreadable on the smaller screen size. I know it is 'optimized for the larger screen' but it should be readable on the smaller. First, the two-page spread comes up on the screen, very small, only covering approximately the top third. Then when you go to the next page it shows the left side of the two-page spread, and again hitting the next page shows the right side of the two-page spread. I tried making the book horizontal on the screen, which made it more readable, but the same format comes up. The illustrations have a soft appearance, which also doesn't come across well on the Kindle. I may try again and just get the print book for my son. I got this when we were out and he was bored or I would have gotten him the regular book. For this book only (as far as I have experienced), go for the print version.

5.0 out of 5 stars A kid pleaser, September 11, 2002
This review is from: Sheep in a Jeep (Board book)
Catchy rythm, rhymes, cute pictures and funny situations all help to makes these books true kid pleasers. My three year old son has enjoyed all of the Sheep by Shaw books we have in our library.
They are easy to read over and over because they have a catchy rythm that makes it easy to read and enjoy over and over. In fact, because they are so catchy and the rhymes are so easy to remember, I often hear my son 'reading' the book using the pictures as cues. Very nice.
Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT..Perfect size, March 6, 2010
K. Best (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
I have this book in the small board book size and now the lapboard size. The small book is great; however, the small size pictures fail to keep my daughter's interest. This large lap-size boardbook is a perfect combination between the durability of a board book with the large size of a picture book. Love it! It is too bad I ordered this as a baby shower gift because now I will have to order another one for myself. =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids LOVE this book, August 7, 2010
SoapyHollow (Here! No, wait...over there!) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best early children's books. The illustrations are fantastic, and the words are fun to say aloud. The rhyming pattern is reminiscent of Seuss, and teaches phonological awareness in the same fun way. My son laughed and laughed at the sheep; and every child I've subsequently gifted with the book has loved it just as much.

Sheep in a Jeep
Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw (Board book - August 25, 1997)
$6.99 $6.00